General International TV Channels Thread

J10

My-HD IS DEAD (7)

My-HD, despite its owners leaving Dubai and going back to China and despite their website being offline and removed, they have replaced Insight TV HD with ReelPX Family, and also they added ReelPX Unlimited and ReelPX Comedy manually on both frequencies, 11765 H & 11230 V, via Arabsat Badr. The channels are unviewed on My-HD subscription and is viewed on GoBX receivers in only 4 GCC Countries (KSA, Bahrain, Oman, and Kuwait).

Here are the pictures for the newly added channels:
View attachment 282438View attachment 282439
p_1641zxyc70.png
My-HD IS DEAD (8)

Last Saturday, MBC HD Channels are no longer accessible on My-HD Smartcards, and is now available only on IPTV Services in the GCC Countries, GoBX (Only in KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman), and Shahid VIP (excluding MBC+Variety HD, which will be added later).

As a result, all Premium Channels via My-HD are inaccessible on their smartcards for good, after just two months of being inaccessible on Third-Party Premium Channels and remained accessible for MBC HD Channels only. Those subscribers whose subscription isn’t expired are affected by the company’s closure.

THIS MARKS THE END OF My-HD!!

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
On the 20th of July, apparently, Viacom are shutting down 6 channels in the UK:
- MTV Rocks
- Club MTV
- MTV OMG
- MTV +1
- MTV Music +1
- Comedy Central +1

Which clearly shows a decline of interest with +1 and music channels.
Thus leaving MTV, MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Base and MTV Classic. Though MTV Rocks, MTV OMG and Club MTV are apparently shutting down, at least we still have Kerrang TV, Clubland TV and Box Hits to make up for the loss of these channels as their content are similar.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
On the 20th of July, apparently, Viacom are shutting down 6 channels in the UK:
- MTV Rocks
- Club MTV
- MTV OMG
- MTV +1
- MTV Music +1
- Comedy Central +1

Which clearly shows a decline of interest with +1 and music channels

Doesn't surprise me that much. +1 channels are almost pointless with VOD/catchup TV. MTV OMG was more of a stunt. Only ones that are slightly odd are MTV Rocks and Club MTV closing down. Especially with them still going internationally. But I imagine Viacom will save a lot of money by this move. Maybe to focus on other brands and channels. Maybe more in Europe.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Official confirmation that MTV OMG, Club MTV and MTV Rocks are in fact closing: MTV to close three UK channels next week - Sports Mole

Thus leaving MTV, MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Base and MTV Classic. Though MTV Rocks, MTV OMG and Club MTV are apparently shutting down, at least we still have Kerrang TV, Clubland TV and Box Hits to make up for the loss of these channels as their content are similar.

MTV Live HD is another one still available in the UK, but nowadays it's only on Virgin.

Last edited:

Moleoman

Today, HBO channels in Poland changed their on-screen bug (sorry for lack of HBO 3 PL photo as at the time of writing the channel had technical difficulties on Platforma Canal+):
HBOPL-logonew.jpg

HBO2-PL-logonew.jpg

J10

My-HD IS DEAD (8)

Last Saturday, MBC HD Channels are no longer accessible on My-HD Smartcards, and is now available only on IPTV Services in the GCC Countries, GoBX (Only in KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman), and Shahid VIP (excluding MBC+Variety HD, which will be added later).

As a result, all Premium Channels via My-HD are inaccessible on their smartcards for good, after just two months of being inaccessible on Third-Party Premium Channels and remained accessible for MBC HD Channels only. Those subscribers whose subscription isn’t expired are affected by the company’s closure.

THIS MARKS THE END OF My-HD!!
My-HD IS DEAD (9)

There are 4 new premium channels has appeared on the frequency (11919 H; Home of the old frequency of MBC Channels, and also the defunct beOUTQ frequency). The channels are:
- AWE (The channel that was originally launched on My-HD in 2013, but later got removed with its channel AWE 3D).
- Cars.TV (New to the MENA Region).
- Recipe.TV (New to the MENA Region).
- Comedy.TV (New to the MENA Region).
1594911706106.jpeg

The channels at the beginning was FTA, but it got encrypted after few minutes, and now it dropped (my) from the channel list of the frequency.

J10

My-HD IS DEAD (9)

There are 4 new premium channels has appeared on the frequency (11919 H; Home of the old frequency of MBC Channels, and also the defunct beOUTQ frequency). The channels are:
- AWE (The channel that was originally launched on My-HD in 2013, but later got removed with its channel AWE 3D).
- Cars.TV (New to the MENA Region).
- Recipe.TV (New to the MENA Region).
- Comedy.TV (New to the MENA Region).
View attachment 282622

The channels at the beginning was FTA, but it got encrypted after few minutes, and now it dropped (my) from the channel list of the frequency.
My-HD IS DEAD (10)

Today, after the new channels arrived to Arabsat, the channel names has been changed, and the (my) brand name has been removed from the frequencies (11785 V, 11766 H, 11230 V). Here are the pictures:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What’s left we’re both the frequencies 11823 V (GMA Channels), and 12360 V (Trace Urban, Trace Sport Stars, My Zen TV, and Duck TV), which all are still stuck with the (My-HD) brand name on the channel list.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
According to a Greek source that posts TV news, VH1 Classic Europe will become MTV 80s and MTV Rocks Europe will become MTV 90s on 5th October.

MTV 80s has been slowly phased in on VH1 Classic with the takeover block they've been airing.

As we already know, MTV Dance Europe is now branded as Club MTV, at least the branding assets from the UK version that's closing hasn't gone to waste.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

RegularCapital

Staff member
Club MTV, MTV Rocks and MTV OMG will end in the early hours of tomorrow morning, I've setup the recordings to see what happens as the EPG synopses signifies that they will give the channels a send-off. What's odd is that the listings says there's the usual teleshopping block after the channel has technically ended (except for MTV OMG).

What a way to end but I guess its probably a contractual agreement and want to make use of those daily teleshopping minutes they always love to use up. Virgin will likely cut the feed early, so I don't know if I'll get to see the true ending, no doubt someone will record and upload it.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
It's worth knowing that these channels will be doing special programmes to mark their closures.
I see people predict which songs will be played as the last songs before closure, like "Goodbye" by Spice Girls for MTV OMG or "The Final Coundtown" by Europe for MTV Rocks.

As for Club MTV - "Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia suits perfectly as the last song for the channel to play, that's my personal prediction.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Viva Forever, anyone?

Viva UK and Germany shut down for good with this song (although Viva Germany was followed by stars giving their last homage and playing its first music video before handing over to Comedy Central), so I guess it fits.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I see people predict which songs will be played as the last songs before closure, like "Goodbye" by Spice Girls for MTV OMG or "The Final Countdown" by Europe for MTV Rocks.

As for Club MTV - "Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia suits perfectly as the last song for the channel to play, that's my personal prediction.
As it turns out neither proved to be the last videos played on the channels.

It was "Thank You for the Music" by ABBA for MTV OMG, "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis for MTV Rocks and "High on Life" by Martin Garrix for Club MTV.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Same change with logos on HBO in Czechia. Sadly the graphics themselves remained the same. They could have changed them after so many years finally as well.

As for Viacom and closing down MTV Rocks and VH1 Classic, or rather rebranding them, I feel that is both a logical and sad move. It makes sense to a degree, but I still feel like Viacom is catching at straws here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts