General International TV Channels Thread

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Where is this reported about these channels closing? What channel is Mediaset closing? Bit weird creating new pay TV channels in these times with everything going on demand/streaming. They will probably launch these new channels in Italy as well you would think?
Sorry for taking a bit of time for replying. For Fox Life and MAN-GA, Sky confirmed the closures. Lei and Dove might be spared, even if it's since 2017 that there is the looming shadow of the closure over them. Lei and Dove close too.

For the Mediaset ones, they're closing one of the movie channels, leaving those just with three, aptly renamed Premium Cinema 1, Premium Cinema 2 and Premium Cinema 3.
I actually dobut that Sky will open those channels in Italy, as for Comcast, Sky Italia is the black sheep.

Last edited:

J10

The Sudanese channel, Ashorooq TV, has taken and purchased the new building to prevent financial crisis that the channel faced. The celebration for the new building has came to the effort for the administration and employees for finding a permanent building for the channel.

J10

BeIN Sports has planned to stop broadcasting the Italian Serie A matches on all of its channels around the world. Few days ago, beIN Sports has dropped the Serie A from their MENA website and was supposed to broadcast on beIN Sports in other countries outside the MENA region like Indonesia, Australia, and France.

I guess that the Italian Football League is going to decide whether to make MENA Region’s Broadcasting Rights Bids, or broadcast the matches on YouTube and Twitter Accounts for the region, if negotiations have failed.

Well, Libya Sports is going to air it on TV, and this might happen after they aired Coppa Italia, with a Libyan Arabic Commentator.
Today, beIN and Italy’s Soccer League are close in a deal to bring live matches (On-Air) again. They would bring back the signals again to beIN at any moment.

J10

Today, beIN and Italy’s Soccer League are close in a deal to bring live matches (On-Air) again. They would bring back the signals again to beIN at any moment.
Starting tonight, beIN Sports MENA and France has announced that it’ll permanently return it’s Serie A broadcasting signals.
1593198672244.jpeg

1593199278836.jpeg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Footage of the unceremonious shutdown of the last ITV Choice feed, the African one, emerged. The only downside: this was recorded on the vertical.

animegamer

AXN India schedule on the last day of broadcast:

12:28am The Bachelor
1:52am Gossip Girl
3:14am The Real Housewives of New York City
4:36am Vikings
6:00am Gossip Girl
7:28am The Bachelor
8:09am American Ninja Warrior
9:40am Genius Junior
11:10am Before Sunrise
12:47pm Gossip Girl
2:13pm Breaking the Magician’s Code
6:00pm Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
7:24pm Supernatural
8:07pm Gossip Girl
8:50pm The Bachelor
9:35pm Genius Junior
10:20pm American Ninja Warrior

J10

My-HD IS DEAD (6)

My-HD has decrypted 12360 V (Arabsat Badr), and the frequency includes Trace Urban, Trace Sport & Stars, My Zen TV, and Duck TV.
My-HD IS DEAD (7)

My-HD, despite its owners leaving Dubai and going back to China and despite their website being offline and removed, they have replaced Insight TV HD with ReelPX Family, and also they added ReelPX Unlimited and ReelPX Comedy manually on both frequencies, 11765 H & 11230 V, via Arabsat Badr. The channels are unviewed on My-HD subscription and is viewed on GoBX receivers in only 4 GCC Countries (KSA, Bahrain, Oman, and Kuwait).

Here are the pictures for the newly added channels:
1593464320203.png
1593464555873.png

p_1641zxyc70.png

Last edited:

Francisque

According to new agreements between Sky and Discovery, Animal Planet HD (not the SD version) and Travel Channel will leave the platform on tomorrow, they'll continue being carried on cable.

Sad to see another HD channel biting the dust, on Sky, Sky operations these days don't care about HD channels anymore, probably because of on demand, but probably more because of their arrogance as they want less competition for Sky Nature HD and the other Sky channels

Travel Channel is sad but was expected, especially after they removed it from Freeview, in order to launch DMAX on Freeview and free in general, which looks like a Quest carbon copy. So, it's a loss of content, as if Discovery doesn't have enough repeats already!!

As for Italy, this is the last day for Lei, Dove, Manga, Premium Cinema Comedy (today the Premium Cinema channels will become 1-2-3), but especially Fox Life..

RegularCapital

Staff member
According to new agreements between Sky and Discovery, Animal Planet HD (not the SD version) and Travel Channel will leave the platform on tomorrow, they'll continue being carried on cable.

Sad to see another HD channel biting the dust, on Sky, Sky operations these days don't care about HD channels anymore, probably because of on demand, but probably more because of their arrogance as they want less competition for Sky Nature HD and the other Sky channels

Travel Channel is sad but was expected, especially after they removed it from Freeview, in order to launch DMAX on Freeview and free in general, which looks like a Quest carbon copy. So, it's a loss of content, as if Discovery doesn't have enough repeats already!!

As for Italy, this is the last day for Lei, Dove, Manga, Premium Cinema Comedy (today the Premium Cinema channels will become 1-2-3), but especially Fox Life..

Travel Channel is such a long-standing channel since the analogue days, it has changed branding and ownership and isn't the channel it once was, but still, I can see the channel going to close eventually. You're right DMAX is pretty much a Quest clone, as much as Quest is a free version of Discovery + Eurosport, but I guess DMAX would get more viewers than what Travel Channel would ever get.

From what I've heard, Sky doesn't want to subsidise HD channels that much anymore. The exceptions are their own first party channels or any other channel they have ownership or involvement and PSBs. Like you said, Sky is giving more attention for on-demand. I think Sky is slowly moving away from satellite as a distribution method, because HD channels take up transponder space of which they have to pay Astra for, preferring live streams and on-demand via the internet in preparation of "Sky with no Dish/Sky by Fibre" in the UK.

Although Sky is largely the same management before the Comcast takeover, they're influenced by Comcast, which is known for cost cutting and for offering a less-superior service in the U.S., when Murdoch was still involved, he made sure Sky was competitive.

Virgin is taking the opposite direction, they're replacing SD channels with their HD versions, and when a channel launches on Virgin, only the HD version is available. Channels are now mostly delivered by fibre, it's not like the analogue/early digital era where cable was just "redistributed Sky", plus the PSBs and some cable-only channels.

Here's another statement (this is from a celebrity)

Sky Direct got ceased and desist order (as of June 30, 2020)

The main ABS-CBN company and now Sky Direct in the Philippines to be taken off the air? Customers and third-party broadcasters aren't going to be happy about this.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels

SpongeBobFan2004

Travel Channel is such a long-standing channel since the analogue days, it has changed branding and ownership and isn't the channel it once was, but still, I can see the channel going to close eventually. You're right DMAX is pretty much a Quest clone, as much as Quest is a free version of Discovery + Eurosport, but I guess DMAX would get more viewers than what Travel Channel would ever get.

From what I've heard, Sky doesn't want to subsidise HD channels that much anymore. The exceptions are their own first party channels or any other channel they have ownership or involvement and PSBs. Like you said, Sky is giving more attention for on-demand. I think Sky is slowly moving away from satellite as a distribution method, because HD channels take up transponder space of which they have to pay Astra for, preferring live streams and on-demand via the internet in preparation of "Sky with no Dish/Sky by Fibre" in the UK.

Although Sky is largely the same management before the Comcast takeover, they're influenced by Comcast, which is known for cost cutting and for offering a less-superior service in the U.S., when Murdoch was still involved, he made sure Sky was competitive.

Virgin is taking the opposite direction, they're replacing SD channels with their HD versions, and when a channel launches on Virgin, only the HD version is available. Channels are now mostly delivered by fibre, it's not like the analogue/early digital era where cable was just "redistributed Sky", plus the PSBs and some cable-only channels.

The main ABS-CBN company and now Sky Direct in the Philippines to be taken off the air? Customers and third-party broadcasters aren't going to be happy about this.

And looks like ABS-CBN is over finally and means the end of a longtime brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J10

And looks like ABS-CBN is over finally and means the end of a longtime brand.
No, still, not yet, TFC (The Fililpino Channel) and their ABS-CBN’s International Channels didn’t cease its operation yet, and would stay until further updates from NTC (National Telecommunications Commission).

J10

At 03:00 KSA/00:00 GMT, OSN Channels has changed their logos and unified theirs to become just simply OSN.

EDIT: The logo will appear at the start of program and after the break, and then it’ll disappear and be converted to OSN logo.

Last edited:

ProtoGentIsDead

Your average Toon Disney and Pixar fan
Latvia bans seven RT channels.

On the Astra 4.8E satellite, they have it FTA, but no audio and video after March 24th, yet the EPG is still being displayed.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Seven and not all of them are available on linear TV, depending on the country. I only get the basic English feed. I guess banning the internet streams also counts.

The only news channel I regularly watch is NHK World. I watch NHK Newsline at least twice a day.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts