General International TV Channels Thread

Eggy

The new Fox animated sitcom Duncanville has premiered on Channel 4 in the UK last Friday at 10:35PM with 2 episodes.
duncanville2.jpg

It was created by The Mighty B! (which came out during Nickelodeon’s dark age) creator and Inside Out star/comedian Amy Poehler, Simpsons writer Mike Scully (whose time as a showrunner was deemed controversial by many fans as it ended that show’s golden age) and his wife June Scully and it is starring Poehler as the titular main character Duncan, who is a 15 year old teenager, and his mother.
The show is animated by non-Disney-owned Fox Corporation’s Bento Box Entertainment of Bob’s Burger fame and co-produced by Disney-owned 20th Century Fox (now Studios, unfortunately) Television, along with 3 Arts Entertainment, Universal Television (who, through its parent company NBCUniversal, currently distributes Duncanville) and the creators’ respective production companies Paper Kite and Scullys Productions.

jasonnguyen2606

This April fools day, VTVCab in Vietnam has brought back some of the returning channels that were previously removed, plus new channels up to the mixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JedSwag

Another April Fools Prank in Philippine TV and others
- Front Row Channel (an all concert channel) has been in Cignal for a few hours from midnight until to advisory same thing as Sky Cable. They believe Solar owe this but Jungo TV (which has a partership with GMA Network) really owes this and its been on Cablelink & G-Sat. This needs to be back real soon.
- On MTV Asia, they played Doja Cat's "Say So" (which trends on TikTok) has the Push bug. I wish its not a joke.

ChickyBro

taiga is great
This April fools day, VTVCab in Vietnam has brought back some of the returning channels that were previously removed, plus new channels up to the mixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice thing that they brought Animax back.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

JedSwag

Wasn't Animax banned there for being too inappropriate?
They only banned dark anime on daytime, the channel here in the Philippines was rudely marked as Kids channel. But it has too much blood and other mature content, that channel isn't supposed to be for children, what if worst they grew up about crimes.

Francisque

For those who don't know, MTV Classic UK last month changed to MTV 80s, as a pop up channel, and its logo changed not to a classic MTV 80 one, but to a older MTV one, so I probably feel like some got confused while looking for it, as some platforms do not show the text of the channel, but just the logo

However, the graphics were pretty impressive

The channel has been so popular that MTV Classic, starting today (probably also as a reaction of Now 80s, Now 90s etc.) has more less recent classic music videos

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A few Sri Lankan TV start-ups and closedowns:

Rupavahini, March 26 closedown:

March 27 start-up:

Channel Eye, March 27 start-up (catchy theme, at least it plays twice):

ITN Sri Lanka. They changed back to their old logo (Swarnavahini feels) but made new slides:

ITN Sri Lanka "End of transmission". With the updated ITN Sri Lanka logo the slide lost the antique value it had.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Casa e Cozinha, a new Portuguese lifestyle channel, begins operations next Wednesday, on NOS channel 95. Dreamia is the owner.

J10

Yesterday, My-HD, due to last January’s closure, FOX Network Group ME channels are being removed from it’s frequency. The Nat Geo and Star channels are remaining on both OSN and beIN. The other FOX channels (FOX Rewayat, FOXLife, FOX Crime) are now exclusive to beIN.

The first frequency of this package, 11727 H, has dropped both Star Movies and StarWorld, Nat Geo HD, Nat Geo Wild, FOXLife, and FOX Rewayat from the same frequency. On the other hand, FOX Crime remains, but being blank with a message written as Service Unknown.
image.jpg

The other frequency of this package, 11823 V, has dropped Nat Geo People and Baby TV. Both channels are blank with the same message (Service Unknown). The only channels that are working on the frequency were GMA channels.
image.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts