General International TV Channels Thread

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Repretel is actually owned by Albavisión, a giant in the Latin American media industry. However many have accused them of fraudulent activities.

Colombia and Venezuela are by far the largest Hispanic countries not to have their operations. (Panama has/had Radio Disney)

Yeah I know, they’re the largest in the world. In Guatemala, the television market is dominated by ChapinTV (also owned by Albavision (Canal 3, Trecevision, Televisiete, Teleonce))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
ChapinTV is just their Guatemalan website. They also have channel 23, a news channel.

There used to be an Arpeggio channel, named after a classical music station they had in Argentina, and was available in a few countries.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
ChapinTV is just their Guatemalan website. They also have channel 23, a news channel.

There used to be an Arpeggio channel, named after a classical music station they had in Argentina, and was available in a few countries.

In Nicaragua, they own channels there. (Canal 10, Canal 11, Canal 9, Televicentro) Nicaragua is considered one of the tiniest populated countries in Central America due to its past.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
In Peru, Albavisión owns Grupo ATV. (ATV, ATV+, ATV Sur, Global, La Tele) One of their channels, Global was re-incarnated from America Next (formerly NEXTV) in 2019, to respond to low ratings. A small amount of programs from America Television still airs on the ATV channels.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
In Chile, it was a state-owned/university-owned monopoly because of the military era. When the monopoly ended in 1990, this gave birth to Chile's first private channel: Megavision. In 1991, La Red (later owned by Albavisión) began broadcasts. Years later universities had to give up on their channels. RTU became Chilevision, Canal 13 was transferred to Grupo Luksic & UCV TV was sold to Media23 and became TV+.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Reports say that DIRECTV - having issues with FOX Networks Group channels - is going to add CCTV-4 Americas and CGTN in Spanish in February.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts