General International TV Channels Thread

J10

STN has made a video for Eutelsat 7WA Frequency (11355 V). The modulation will be DVB-S2 on July 1st, instead of DVB-S. The frequency consist of many channels incl. Chat channels, Kurdish channels, and Religious channels, whether Islamic or Christian.

AlbanianCNfan

This reply is dedicated to being the "8888th reply" due to it being called #8888.
This is a short poem for this event:
Eight, eight, eighty-eight,
record channels, have a break,
eight, eight, eighty-eight,
Eight is "a lucky number", mate.

yup, just kidding. I always waited for this.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
That's very interesting

Very interesting that they air instead of adverts (of course, being a transnational feed), something that looks like this

(back when they had no ads)
RTP Internacional airs random Portuguese music videos from one of their shows, Poplusa, during breaks. The rest of the breaks consist of promos and sometimes a weather filler.

Unlike RTP Internacional they don't put timezones on promos.

Like TVR International they have a schedule bumper for the whole day.

Moleoman

TVP Polonia (TVP's Polish channel aimed at diaspora) airs promos during the breaks, but they also air adverts as well (originally only those aimed at Polish diaspora, but since 2009/2010 they started airing also normal ads dedicated only for Poland and yes, TVP Polonia is also available in Poland) The times put in the promos are in CET (albeit without any indication of timezone).

Until Summer 2011, TVP Polonia used to air after some programs schedule bumpers showing the remaining positions of the day (before 06:00 CET) or in some cases the whole line-up for the following day. However, they no longer do this, apparently due to the Broadcasting Act novelization in May 2011 which not only restricts the number of promos that could be aired during an hour (apparently schedule bumpers were counted as promos) but also they have to be labelled as "Autopromocja".

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The European feeds of RTR-Planeta, Channel One Russia and 1+1 International air ads to my knowledge but they're concentrated on the German part of the diaspora. The number of ads on RTR-Planeta is lower than that of C1R.

In recent years C1R started airing quick infomercials during breaks in Russian but with German phone numbers.

Francisque

Many frequencies off on Sky Italia (from around 12:25 CET to 13:30 CET) due to a fire at the Sky centre in Rome

I still can remember of something similar happening at the Tele+ times , back in the early 2000s

EDIT: some freqs are still off

Last edited:
Reactions: J10

J10

The channels that were off-air in these frequencies during the fire were Cartoon Network HD, Sky Atlantic HD, Sky Cinema Due HD, CNN International, Nat Geo People HD, Crime+Investigation HD, some Sky Sport channels, Sky Cinema Uno +24, etc.

AlbanianCNfan

RTP International schedule from 24 April 1997:
08:45 Remate
09:00 Rotações
09:30 Fin
14:00 Jornal da tarde
14:45 Em jogo
15:00 Origens
15:30 Nas nossas mãos
16:00 Falatório
17:00 Júnior
17:30 Alta voltagem
18:00 Not’cias
18:15 Canal aberto
19:15 Em jogo
19:30 Sinais
20:15 Vidas de sal
21:00 Telejornal
22:00 Nós os ricos
22:30 Paulo Gonzo
23:30 Tudo às escuras
00:00 Remate
00:15 Fin
05:00 Remate
05:15 Fin

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
When they say "Fin" it's because there was missing EPG data, this doesn't mean that the channel made breaks in its schedule.

J10

Iraqia Sports is testing their HD Channel. They put Elecard during Minsk 2019 promos.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Iraqia Kurdish is airing Christmas (Winter) theme song produced by Kirkuk TV. Even though, it’s summer and hot this month.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Francisque

A few channels on Sky Italia are still offair, and some that are back on air have the wrong EPG ID, especially Disney Channel HD which is Disney HD (and not listed on the Kids section) and 249, which is without an ID, and that would be Sky Sport Mondiali SD

IMO they better switch Disney HD to Disney Ch. HD, otherwise it might be confused with Disney XD (SD)

This all reminds me of a fault Tele+ Digitale had back in the early 2000s, which wa sparticularly interesting, since technology in some ways was not as advanced as it's now, and we got mixed up frequencies and channels on the wrong EPG LCN

Like Disney Channel on Tele+ Bianco, Tele+Grigio on Season and so on

The European feeds of RTR-Planeta, Channel One Russia and 1+1 International air ads to my knowledge but they're concentrated on the German part of the diaspora. The number of ads on RTR-Planeta is lower than that of C1R.

In recent years C1R started airing quick infomercials during breaks in Russian but with German phone numbers.
Yeah, it's interesting to see all these Russian ads for German events and Russian ads with German numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: J10

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts