General International TV Channels Thread

J10

beIN has renewed the Premier League for 4 years.

an_of_the_Premier_League),_and_Nasser_Al-Khelaifi_(Chairman_and_CEO_of_beIN_MEDIA_GROUP)-630x354.jpg

BeIN Sports has announced a multi-year Premier League media rights deal which secures exclusive coverage of English soccer's top flight in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) until the end of the 2021/22 season.

The Qatar-based media company is the incumbent Premier League broadcaster in the region but the new deal sees BeIN Sports retain that role for the next four seasons.

Premier League fans in MENA will be able to watch all 380 games per season exclusively live on BeIN, in addition to having access to comprehensive magazine programming, including pre and post-match shows, as well as daily highlights and weekly wrap-up programmes.

Through the company’s over-the-top (OTT) service, BeIN Connect, subscribers will be able to watch all Premier League content, including the live match streams, across all digital platforms.

The extension sees the Premier League rights remain on BeIN’s roster of European soccer broadcast rights - which includes the top tiers in Spain, Italy, Germany and France as well as the Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europa League – in the run-up to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Richard Scudamore, Premier League executive chairman, said: “We know there are many passionate fans of Premier League clubs right across the Middle East and North Africa, and that BeIN Sports does an excellent job making the competition available to them.

“BeIN is a long-term partner of the League and its first-rate coverage has helped to grow interest in our clubs across many countries.”

“We are honoured that the Premier League has trusted BeIN Media Group and BeIN Sports again to be the official and exclusive broadcaster, champion and custodian of its product in the Middle East and North Africa,” added Nasser Al-Khelaifi, chairman and chief executive of BeIN.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Apparently Afghanistan has a DTT provider called Oqaab. It offers 66 channels (almost entirely in Persian languages) for free.

Afghanistan is a really instable country and it shouldn't align itself to any known market.

J10

Sources said that Nilesat (might also include Arabsat and Eutelsat 7W Orbital) will remove the channels that were funded and supported by Iran starting next month.

As the sources said, they will cutoff the channels that were funded by Iran on groups of frequencies of Nilesat starting next month.

Source:
قطع بث القنوات الفضائية الداعمة لإيران على النايل سات الشهر المقبل
مصدر: سيتم قطع بث القنوات الفضائية الداعمة لإيران على النايل سات الشهر المقبل

Francisque

I still say that BBC Three becoming online only was a bad move for the BBC.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ratings though appear to be fine for BBC Three on-line

But France Télévisions closing down France 4 is like saying goodbye to both CBBC+BBC Three combined, a quite bad move

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Ratings though appear to be fine for BBC Three on-line

But France Télévisions closing down France 4 is like saying goodbye to both CBBC+BBC Three combined, a quite bad move
I know but I just felt that BBC should've had kept the television version of BBC Three to continue broadcasting along with its online feed.

Francisque

@Francisque: Do they ever show local accents / dialects on Italian TV? (like on the news?)

And what do you think of this Dutch accent. It sounds a bit Norwegian, doesn't it? The first 100th times I watched this video, I couldn't stop laughing. This accent is amazing :D I love pitch accents.
You're right :)

As for Italian TV: mostly accents.. dialects for the most part are too varied, and hard to understand, except for a few Central Italian ones (Italian is based on the speech of these areas), especially Romanesco, since RAI and a few other broadcasters are based in Rome; but still, in a mild form, not in its strong form

In general dialects in Italy tend not to be spoken in official contexts, like TV etc.
Italy is a quite "Italian"-centric country, in this sense

I know but I just felt that BBC should've had kept the television version of BBC Three to continue broadcasting along with its online feed.

True, but the thing is, broadcasting on TV costs more money than one may think

And, broadcasting live few contents on a loop (BBC Three online has less contents than BBC Three live), would result in complains about BBC wasting money on resources etc.

BBC in general, as of lately, seems having a crisis though, branding-wise especially, with that "Oneness" look on BBC One, which is very very bad

Last edited:

J10

After BBC Three become an Online-only service, it’s time to change BBC Four to BBC Earth, and move comedy, art and music to BBC One and BBC Two, and current affairs to BBC News and BBC One.

In addition, all BBC UK Channels should have a refresh and new look, and start using the graphics and idents that BBC Studios Channels use it.

They should add BBC One’s and BBC Two’s logos during programs, and move BBC Parliament, CBBC and Cbeebies logo to the top-right corner. Also, they should use the BBC logos in horizontal way and put it in promos, in the left side of the screen.

In addition, they should drop the Subtitle text from the idents, and no longer use it during Ident and use it when a program starts on the channel.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts