General International TV Channels Thread

J10

3 Weeks Ago, CNN Portugal Switched Their Graphics To The New CNN USA/International Graphics
At The Start Of Jornal Da CNN At 8:58pm Lisbon Time.

In Addition, CNN Brasil Also Adopted To New Look A Few Months Ago,
But Time Has Moved To Bottom Left Corner To Match Their News Ticker.
(Time On The Bottom Left Corner Is Also Used On CNN Türk, But With Different Graphics.)

Here Is The TX (graphics) Of The New Look Of CNN Portugal.

And By The Way, ''We're All In This Together'' From High School Musical Movie
Was The Final Song To Air On Trace Vault.
The time on the left was used by the US/International feed, but one month later, they moved it back to the right. So, this was related to the US/Inter feed, unlike that feed, CNN Türk, which is join-ventured and always have different graphic, with the time on the left being used from before the US/International rebrand on June.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
The 4 new RTL Hungary channels didn't launch as of this morning (CET).
Direct One still broadcasts the loops that RONTV posted above, according to a Netboard forum topic.
UPDATE: every channel has now launched. In order:
09:25 CET - Moziklub
09:35 CET - Sorozatklub
10:00 CET - Kölyökklub and RTL Otthon

Reactions: J10

RegularCapital

Staff member
RTL exits the Dutch market and sells to DPG Media. DPG Media will have permission to use the RTL brand in the Netherlands until the end of 2034.

The sell-off follows RTL's failed merger attempt with Talpa Media which was blocked by regulators.

Last edited:

J10

RTL exits the Dutch market and sells to DPG Media. DPG Media will have permission to use the RTL brand in the Netherlands until the end of 2034.

The sell-off follows RTL's failed merger attempt with Talpa Media which was blocked by regulators.

The RTL NL logo might be changed to the Belgian one at any moment.

J10

Double Post:

Sorry for that, but that’s URGENT.

SkyShowtime linear channel will be launched on Movistar Plus+, to highlight its series.

Also, they renewed with WBD, and Max will be launched there on the platform offers.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.

Under two years, three RTL divisions were sold. What's next? RTL Hungary?

Francisque

Under two years, three RTL divisions were sold. What's next? RTL Hungary?
Great success for one of the companies that want to become the biggest European private TV company in Europe or something along the lines lol.

By now you have more RTL-sub licenced (even odd ones like the RTL 102.5 music channel in Italy) channels not directly owned by them than directly owned RTL channels , basically a bit of mess lol .

Plus, RTL Netherlands has killed its branding imagination with the latest coherent rebrand, going from a more disjointed but creative branding to black blandness, even for RTL Telekids.
So I guess things are prone to improve, maybe?

I guess it's also because these private channels struggle in the streaming era.

Plus, the RTL channels have never been internationally renowned for their quality, but cheap (relatively) US acquisitions and loads of reality shows, including some very bad (especially acting wise!) Ones from the likes of RTL2 in Germany.

At least ITV has more dignity, although they would love to get away with more "dross", as you can see with ITV2

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Great success for one of the companies that want to become the biggest European private TV company in Europe or something along the lines lol.

By now you have more RTL-sub licenced (even odd ones like the RTL 102.5 music channel in Italy) channels not directly owned by them than directly owned RTL channels , basically a bit of mess lol .

Plus, RTL Netherlands has killed its branding imagination with the latest coherent rebrand, going from a more disjointed but creative branding to black blandness, even for RTL Telekids.
So I guess things are prone to improve, maybe?

I guess it's also because these private channels struggle in the streaming era.

Plus, the RTL channels have never been internationally renowned for their quality, but cheap (relatively) US acquisitions and loads of reality shows, including some very bad (especially acting wise!) Ones from the likes of RTL2 in Germany.

At least ITV has more dignity, although they would love to get away with more "dross", as you can see with ITV2
Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me that our RTL 102.5 is actually related to the RTL in Luxembourg, somehow?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
RTL Germany's three main channels are a reality machine. Sadly true. They make tons of reality and "social experiments disguised as reality" shows according to a survey I made of schedules of RTL, RTL Zwei and VOX. Reality and talent seem to be VOX's primary pillars as of now, and they seem to emphasize more on human interest unlike RTL Zwei does.

J10

Reliance and Disney merger may face anti-trust headaches.

Journalists from Polsat may go to TVP

Lawyer have doubts if the changes at TVP would be blocked or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts