General International TV Channels Thread

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder
Travel Channel UK & Europe continuities from Summer 2005. As it had UK-specific ads, it was more like a UK feed.

RegularCapital

New on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Wiki: TNT Classic Movies Europe Branding History (1993-1999) TNT Classic Movies Europe Branding History (1993-1999)

E1DqQkwWUAU7qUD.png

AdrenalineRush1996

Well, gotta agree, as the new brand will be... Great! As Great! is new branding.
(They're airing some bumpers about this on the channels)
To be honest, I would really have preferred the coming back of the True brand.
Eh, I don't agree. Great sounds a lot better than True IMO.

harry580

animegamer

well no, most likely this name willl be used for the networks, like how Cartoon Network is under Warner Bros global kids and young adults, and tnt and tbs under warnermedia Entertainment
I’m talking about the name of the merged company, and it’s just a guess

Reactions: J10

J10

After acquiring Time Warner, AT&T is now in talks to merge its media business with Discovery:

I bet this is gonna be the new name if it does happen:

View attachment 287669
If this happens officially and the merge with Discovery occurs, we may expect Fatafeat, Discovery Middle East, and Animal Planet promos being aired on CN Arabia, CN MENA, TCM ME/Greece, and Boomerang MENA channels.

Regarding the name, if this happens, it may become Discovery-Warner Communications, but not WarnerDiscovery, because it’s similar to WarnerMedia.

Palk Áron 2002

Spektrum Hungary continuity from 31st December 1998. On the next ident, they mispelled the hungarian "kontinensén" word.
Also, this was the last day when it aired 10 hours every weekday (13:00-23:00 CET). The next day it switched to an everyday 18-hour broadcast time (08:00-02:00 CET).

Kitan2020

I imagine NBCUniversal-Sky will enter into fray of talks of merging with WarnerMedia after the merger talks with Discovery leaked today. Or in the future NBCUniversal-Sky is spin off by Comcast and gets DiscoveryWarner.

The US media ownership could be like this by 2025:

Apple-Disney
Discovery UniversalWarner-Sky
Amazon-ViacomCBS-Lionsgate-AMC Networks
MGMSony-Netflix

Last edited:

Palk Áron 2002

I couldn't decide where to post this one, so I chose this.
A video featuring continuities from CN CEE, Jetix HUN-CZE, A+ Hungary, Nickelodeon Europe, Viasat 3, HBO 2 HUN-CZE and the Cinemax channels. All of them are from 2006.

RegularCapital

FOX will be closing in the UK and Ireland on 30th June, content will be moved to Star on Disney+:

Palk Áron 2002

FOX will be closing in the UK and Ireland on 30th June, content will be moved to Star on Disney+:

Rest in peace for one of the oldest international FXes (it was called FX289 at launch, then FX and its current name since 2013).

Palk Áron 2002

RTL Klub closedown from 23 October 2003. This is a rare occasion: a 1930 version of the anthem was played, and the 12+ sign stood even during the weather forecast. Also, the closedown ident didn't fade to black.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hi, what cartoon is your profile pic from?

I haven't seen an Nostalgia Critic episode in 6 years and i don't plan on coming back.

But good lord this is cringe. It straight up looks like a 2001 Newgrounds cartoon. I'm suprised Foamy the Squirrel didn't pop up
So is there going to be a "Do you remember ___________?" thread for every show that ever existed? Or is it just for shows that came out in the last 30 years?
I wish a happy 49th birthday to Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft.

I could find some stuff that was relatable from Kansas City.

Featured Posts