General International TV Channels Thread

animegamer

Discovery Turbo India continuity, pretty much exactly the same as DMAX Asia when it comes to schedule and promos

Discovery Science India has no promos currently though. Only these:

image0.jpeg

EasyCoreTBH

One god of the tv simps
found new information on an hungarian obscure tv channel called "joker tv" aried on AMOS satelite
aperently i know more about the shows that aired on it
dokumentery movies,magazin shows,football live's,an newsshow called "Jokerhír",and like 9 hours of interactive gameshow that you can play with thourgh phone,one of these games is called "lucky coin"
if for some strange reason someone here knows more about this LOST tv channel(there is absolutely NO footage on the internet because the channel was on the air only 34 DAYS IN 1998!!!)that would be appreciated.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
found new information on an hungarian obscure tv channel called "joker tv" aried on AMOS satelite
aperently i know more about the shows that aired on it
dokumentery movies,magazin shows,football live's,an newsshow called "Jokerhír",and like 9 hours of interactive gameshow that you can play with thourgh phone,one of these games is called "lucky coin"
if for some strange reason someone here knows more about this LOST tv channel(there is absolutely NO footage on the internet because the channel was on the air only 34 DAYS IN 1998!!!)that would be appreciated.
How did you know that this channel even existed? I haven't been into Hungarian TV for years now.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Being Sony's TV channels my fixation, I can attest that the English Wikipedia has the weird oddity of having a page for the now dead Cine Sony Italia but missing one for Sony Cine. (It also doesn't have pages for Sony Sci-Fi and Sony Turbo).
It also misses pages for Sony Movie Channel Hungary and Sony Max Hungary.

Moleoman

MiniMini Poland continuity from May 2005 between "Little Bear" (MiniMini aired only episodes 40-65) and "Caillou" (the channel aired only Season 1):

Palk Áron 2002

Maniac of the 2000s' Hungarian cable channels
Remember what did I say about BET UK's closure?
Now the same happened with Vice(land) UK. Closed down earlier than 06:00 GMT on 1 May.

Palk Áron 2002

Since 4 hours ago, Nat Geo Wild CEE is logoless! Until 14:50 CET, ad-breaks were non-existent as well.

J10

These are the screenshots from both Ethiopian Canal+ Channels on Eutelsat 8 West B, just after they changed the quality of the 4 Channels to MPEG-4. I realised that Canal+ Deke Deke closes down at 21:00 or maybe before that time (20:00 or 19:00), and is showing promos for their programs.
View attachment 287240View attachment 287241View attachment 287242View attachment 287243

That’s how they promoted the newly-established platform.

The platform consist the following:
  • News Channels (Bloomberg, Bloomberg QuickTake, BBC World News, France 24, CNN, Sky News, DW English, TV5Monde (It’s General Entertainment, not News)).
  • Kids Channels (Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Toonami, A+, Deke Deke, Jumbo, and Dreamworks).
  • Entertainment (MTV, Fashion Africa TV, Lifetime, E! Entertainment, and Rai Italia).
  • Music Channels (MTV Base, MTV Hits, and MCM Top).
  • Factual and Lifestyle Channels (History, Love Nature, Travel XP, Canal+ Discover, Canal+ Gebeta, and English Club).
  • Movies/Series Channels (Canal+ Cinema 1&2, Canal+ Novela 1&2, TNT Africa, KIX, and Star Life (Africa)).
  • Sports Channels (NBA TV, Canal+ Sport, Motorvision TV, eSports One, and FightBox)
The link for the website:
CANAL+ packages ETHIOPIA | CANAL+ Ethiopia
CANAL+ Ethiopia: TV programs, packages and renewal
Today, both Canal+ Ethiopian Channels, Canal+ Novela 1&2, has been encrypted completely in Nagravision on Eutelsat 8 West B, and the other two channels in the picture are still FTA.
image.jpg
image.jpg

EDIT: They’re decrypted and FTA currently.

Last edited:

J10

So far, the numbers of FOX NG/Disney Asian channels to shutdown in each place (country or region) by October 1st, are as following:
  • Southeast Asia: 18 Channels mentioned before.
  • Taiwan: 5 Channels only (FX, FOX Crime, FOX Family Movies, Channel V, and Nat Geo People)
  • MENA: 2 Channels only (Channel V and Nat Geo People)
Unlike FOX, the other companies broadcasting in the MENA region airs either EMEA or European feed (e.g Animal Planet Europe and Discovery Science Europe), or used to air an African feed (e.g. CN Africa (ex-HQ) before July 2016), or gets a localised MENA version, whilst this company airs the Asian feed for Nat Geo, and doesn’t even know the meaning of EMEA.

Despite Disney’s take over of FOX, there weren’t any replacement for the current feed of Nat Geo in the MENA region. Instead, they replaced the ads and promos in 2019 with KSA, UAE, and EGY timing and FNG ME promos. The same thing happened with Nat Geo People, but remaining Nat Geo People Asia’s Facebook Page at the end of the promo.

The feed for Disney Junior that is broadcasting in the MENA region is CEMA (Central Europe, Middle-East, & Africa), whilst Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo, the feed of both weren’t European at all, and it won’t as they continued to air the current feed.

Last edited:

Palk Áron 2002

Here is how Discovery Channel Hungary rebranded to the current look, on 16 September 2019, 06:00 CET.
Again, sorry for the low volume.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This cell was owned by June Foray.

Today is officially my 19th birthday!
The birthday thread is not updated since RegularCapital's birthday. If someone wants to greet, go to that thread.
Asa
Finally started playing Mario Sunshine on Nintendo Switch after many years.

I never got to finish the whole game as a kid, so I'll be able to finish it for the first time, ever :D.
So, the new Crispy Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's is just a glorified and more expensive version of the McChicken...without mayonnaise. But wait! If you pay more for the DELUXE Crispy Chicken sandwich, you CAN get mayonnaise :rolleyes:
harry580 wrote on ShadowBlinky's profile.
hey, I like your profile pic because Horton hears a who is my favorite movie

Featured Posts