General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Aug 31, 2018
Right behind you.
Here’s all the shows I know of that aired on the Czech SuperMax channel. This only comes from videos, not word of mouth. There were some shows one video that didn’t have a name, and that I didn’t recognize.

ThunderCats
Count Duckula
Sweat
Spider-Man
Rugrats
Doug
Beetlejuice
Hey Arnold!
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Danger Mouse
Basket Fever
Silverhawks
So Weird
Dragon Flyz
Fix and Foxi
Highlander: The Animated Series
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
The Mask: The Animated Series
Tales from the Cryptkeeper
C.L.Y.D.E.
Little Bear
Student Bodies
Conan the Adventurer
Flying Rhino Junior High
TigerSharks
Tom and Jerry
Big Wolf on Campus
“Trapasy”(Embarrassment)
“Kybernet”(Cybernet)
Sweet Valley High
Heartbreak High
Ocean Girl
“Maximum”
My Pet Monster
The Transformers
My Little Pony Tales
Adventures in Odyssey
“Max hitparada”(Max Hit Parade)
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
“Blaznive Sporty”(Crazy Sports)
Dungeons and Dragons
The Secret Word of Alex Mack
“Nancy”
“Xtreme”
Catwalk
Hey Arnold!
Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
Hobberdy Dick
“Pomsta tucnaku”(Revenge of the Penguin)
“Sedickovi medvidci”(Sedick’s Bears)
“Stoprocenti zachranari”(One Hundred Percent Rescuers)
“Pes Waldo a jeho pratele”(Waldo the Dog and His Friend)
“Darja”(likely Daria)
“Junior klub”(Junior Club)
Space Cases
The Worst Witch
Chuck Finn
Thunderbirds
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Jumanji
“Animaci”(Animations)
“Melicek”

Reactions: Checkerboard
Disney to launch a new adult-oriented streaming service called "Star", it will basically be an international version of Hulu without Comcast's influence or input. The streaming service will make use of ABC's/ex-Touchstone and Fox's (now 20th Century) television and movie library. It will also have the same branding as the Asian satellite broadcaster.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Jul 29, 2016
Poland (Europe)
Here’s all the shows I know of that aired on the Czech SuperMax channel. This only comes from videos, not word of mouth. There were some shows one video that didn’t have a name, and that I didn’t recognize.

ThunderCats
Count Duckula
Sweat
Spider-Man
Rugrats
Doug
Beetlejuice
Hey Arnold!
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Danger Mouse
Basket Fever
Silverhawks
So Weird
Dragon Flyz
Fix and Foxi
Highlander: The Animated Series
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
The Mask: The Animated Series
Tales from the Cryptkeeper
C.L.Y.D.E.
Little Bear
Student Bodies
Conan the Adventurer
Flying Rhino Junior High
TigerSharks
Tom and Jerry
Big Wolf on Campus
“Trapasy”(Embarrassment)
“Kybernet”(Cybernet)
Sweet Valley High
Heartbreak High
Ocean Girl
“Maximum”
My Pet Monster
The Transformers
My Little Pony Tales
Adventures in Odyssey
“Max hitparada”(Max Hit Parade)
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
“Blaznive Sporty”(Crazy Sports)
Dungeons and Dragons
The Secret Word of Alex Mack
“Nancy”
“Xtreme”
Catwalk
Hey Arnold!
Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
Hobberdy Dick
“Pomsta tucnaku”(Revenge of the Penguin)
“Sedickovi medvidci”(Sedick’s Bears)
“Stoprocenti zachranari”(One Hundred Percent Rescuers)
“Pes Waldo a jeho pratele”(Waldo the Dog and His Friend)
“Darja”(likely Daria)
“Junior klub”(Junior Club)
Space Cases
The Worst Witch
Chuck Finn
Thunderbirds
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Jumanji
“Animaci”(Animations)
“Melicek”
This video that I found might help you.

Reactions: RegularCapital
Aug 18, 2019
Bakersfield, CA United States
Disney to launch a new adult-oriented streaming service called "Star", it will basically be an international version of Hulu without Comcast's influence or input. The streaming service will make use of ABC's/ex-Touchstone and Fox's television and movie library. It will also have the same branding as the Asian satellite broadcaster.

Well actually it’ll have the same branding as the Indian satellite broadcaster (which is owned by Disney India) since Star channels outside India were rebranded as FOX channels years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Disney to launch a new adult-oriented streaming service called "Star", it will basically be an international version of Hulu without Comcast's influence or input. The streaming service will make use of ABC's/ex-Touchstone and Fox's television and movie library. It will also have the same branding as the Asian satellite broadcaster.

Well, that's good news but I'm not happy about why they're not going to use the Hulu name by opting to use the name of their Asian subsidiary, given that this is basically the worldwide version of the service that is only available in North America and Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: themidnightlore

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Disney to launch a new adult-oriented streaming service called "Star", it will basically be an international version of Hulu without Comcast's influence or input. The streaming service will make use of ABC's/ex-Touchstone and Fox's (now 20th Century) television and movie library. It will also have the same branding as the Asian satellite broadcaster.

Say goodbye to the remaining Fox channels, probably ..

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
They won't use Hulu because it doesn't mean much, especially since I have the feeling it might become the new name of Hulu in the US.

it seems in another of these strange moves moves that in late August MTV Germany programmes will be replaced by a "MTV Back for Good" programme 24/7, it's not clear what they mean with that

It'll solve the issue of getting rid of the Fox brand on Disney owned international entertainment channels and rebranding them to something else, that's for sure.

They won't use Hulu because it doesn't mean much, especially since I have the feeling it might become the new name of Hulu in the US.
I'd say it's about 60/40 on Hulu and Star brand recognition outside their main catchment areas, people have familiarity with Hulu because they watched YouTube clips on Hulu's YouTube channel (that's how I found out about it). People have some familiarity with Star as some pay-TV providers around the world carry their channels. Whether the Star name will be used in the U.S., I don't know, but I can see Disney buying out Comcast's share in Hulu eventually. They could be doing a Comcast-style branding strategy where Sky is the stronger and preferred brand in Europe and NBC is the stronger and preferred brand in North America.

Or they can just call it Starfox lol :D

Star_Fox_SNES.jpg

Reactions: Francisque
Comcast have shelved plans for the NBC Sky World News channel because of the economic issues caused by the pandemic.

News is usually a loss leader, in the sense that Sky uses Sky News as a platform to promote their other services, the viewers get a free news service in exchange. Sky News never made a profit during its early days and I wouldn't be surprised if it still doesn't now.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I don't think that's going to be the case at all. They can still use the Fox name in some parts (i.e. the cable channels outside North America and Fox Star Studios).

No, according to Chapek, Disney won't use the Hulu name for the international service because it has third party content, despite the fact that this service is basically Hulu without said content only under a different name, not to mention that it will be fully owned by Disney in four years time as NBC Universal confirmed a year ago that they will sell their stake but like former co-owner Warner Media, would continue making shows for such, though their shows on the service will be not on the non-US version of such, with NBC Universal shows for Hulu likely appearing in a possible international version of Peacock and Warner Media shows for Hulu likely appearing in the international version of HBO Max.

Also, Star isn't really a well known brand outside Asia and Europe and speaking of which, why do you always double post in the same hour? Just curious.

It'll solve the issue of getting rid of the Fox brand on Disney owned international entertainment channels and rebranding them to something else, that's for sure.
Well, I don't see them using the Freeform name at all.

Whether the Star name will be used in the U.S., I don't know, but I can see Disney buying out Comcast's share in Hulu eventually. They could be doing a Comcast-style branding strategy where Sky is the stronger and preferred brand in Europe and NBC is the stronger and preferred brand in North America.
Comcast already confirmed that they would sell their stake on Hulu by 2024 but would continue producing content for the service like former co-owner AT&T.

Or they can just call it Starfox lol :D

View attachment 282982
Curiously enough, they have Fox Star Studios.

Last edited:
I don't think that's going to be the case at all. They can still use the Fox name in some parts (i.e. the cable channels outside North America and Fox Star Studios).
Disney wants to get rid of the Fox brand where possible, because of its "toxicity", it will eventually be phased out. I guess Star could replace Fox+ in Asia.

Well, I don't see them using the Freeform name at all.
Freeform could be a good name as it implies flexibility, the flexibility to choose what you want to watch. It has no brand recognition outside of the United States, but a brand has to start from somewhere. I quite like the ABC Spark name too, or just Spark.

Comcast already confirmed that they would sell their stake on Hulu by 2024 but would continue producing content for the service like former co-owner AT&T.
I'd would of thought it would be a lot sooner than 2024 considering how fast paced the streaming wars are.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Disney wants to get rid of the Fox brand where possible, because of its "toxicity", it will eventually be phased out. I guess Star could replace Fox+ in Asia.
No, that only applies to the film and TV studios. Nowhere in the official info about the renaming of such confirmed that the cable channels will be rebranded as a result.

Freeform could be a good name as it implies flexibility, the flexibility to choose what you want to watch. It has no brand recognition outside of the United States, but a brand has to start from somewhere. I quite like the ABC Spark name too, or just Spark.
Or they could repurpose the Touchstone brand instead as unlike Freeform, it had brand recognition outside North America as Disney's alternative film studio.

No, that only applies to the film and TV studios. Nowhere in the official info about the renaming of such confirmed that the cable channels will be rebranded as a result.
Can't see why they should stop with Movie and TV studios. Keeping the international channels/services named as FOX is just silly, considering they've renamed their Film and TV studio.

They've said the brand is toxic, then why should the TV channels keep the brand?. It's not even a brand they own, Disney has permission to use the FOX brand for its international channels for up to five years, so they have to rebrand. This is mentioned in the SEC filing (specifically about the Fox Corp split, but also about the Disney/Fox merger).

A five-year nonexclusive, royalty-free license outside of the U.S. for the use of the “FOX” trademark by RemainCo international channels and networks in a manner consistent with current usage.
RemainCo refers to the 21st Century Fox after the Disney merger (Old FOX), as the FOX assets that don't belong to Disney were transferred to FOX Corp (a new Company). They could organise a renewal with Fox Corp to use the brand for when that terms expires, although that's not mentioned.

We're seeing a similar situation of Disney owned "FOX" Kids until they finally decided what to call the channels. History repeating itself basically.

Or they could repurpose the Touchstone brand instead as unlike Freeform, it had brand recognition outside North America as Disney's alternative film studio.
Touchstone would be an okay name being a pseudonym for Disney, as well as Buena Vista (which means "Good View" in Spanish), it's a distribution platform after all.

ABC would be a better name though, at least there's recognition, because of the ABC Studios production card and it's still in use.

Last edited:

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Today's airing of Disney+ "Artemis Fowl" movie on HBO2 Poland had Czech (one day ahead of its premiere in Czechia on HBO GO) and Polish dub credits. The lack of Hungarian dub credits seems to imply that this dub may have been ordered by HBO not DCVI.

Attachments

Reactions: Checkerboard

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Both "Le Corn Maze Of Doom" and "Too Cute To Spook" are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick "Too Cute To Spook" to move on. The next matchup is between the Elena Of Avalor episode "The Return Of El Capitan" and the Vampirina episode "Dia De Los Muertos".

Watch Herman The Mice On The Go!
I think twitter social media posts seems to be more advantages... I have a bad feeling, that some or few twitter posts can be containing bully message of racists, I don't know maybe it's best for me to leave twitter, it's just not worth it if people express opinions, or someone maybe politics...
Today's Ollie's Pack episode: second half episode beginning has two sick friends but not the main plot
Remember when Ben Bates criticized the animation of the recent Marvel cartoons when he talked about his Captain Marvel cartoon that wasn't picked up? Well, here's a drawing he did of Hawkeye.