General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
TBN also has channels around the world that connect to their Ministry of Hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Portugal there isn't any. Most of the Christian (and Catholic) stuff we get are Catholic leftovers. Truly Portuguese Catholic channels ended due to financial troubles. Angelus TV being a notorious example, however the channel had an incredibly slow pacing.

They did air religious cartoons, but from the Spanish service of EWTN. And with really poor subtitles.

Aug 18, 2019
Bakersfield, CA United States
In Portugal there isn't any. Most of the Christian (and Catholic) stuff we get are Catholic leftovers. Truly Portuguese Catholic channels ended due to financial troubles. Angelus TV being a notorious example, however the channel had an incredibly slow pacing.

They did air religious cartoons, but from the Spanish service of EWTN. And with really poor subtitles.
Well TBN is more affordable than EWTN. In Latin America, there’s Enlace. (linked to TBN) Among this, TBN would be the largest Christian TV giant in the world.

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I don't have American-backed Christian channels on my provider. The closest thing is Kuriakos TV, and that looks like a TV channel from another dimension

It's owned by a Portuguese sect (Maná Church) and watching it just feels like a trip to an alternate version of TVI (who was almost bought by them in 2005). More than just a Christian channel, it has weird secular programming.

ElMinimaxito

Jan 21, 2020
United States
Was there any Taiwanese dub of VeggieTales? And is this dub authorized by the studios at BIG IDEA?

There was an older dub produced in 2000 that had yellow subtitles. The dub in the screenshot was produced circa 2010 and had white subtitles.

Both dubs were authorized. While the first dub had the songs sung in Taiwanese, the GOOD TV dub had them sung in English.

ElMinimaxito

Jan 21, 2020
United States
If any of you are wondering what anime this is, it's GO-GO Tamagotchi!, which was produced from 2014-2015. The Cantonese dub in the picture is currently being shown on VIU TV, and it first aired on there last week.
IMG_5515.JPG

malurian

Jun 27, 2018
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
In Malaysia, Unifi has a new 4K channel in the form of Blue Ant's Love Nature. But those interested may need to buy a new Unifi TV Plus box to get the 4K-ness. It's been a while since Unifi had a new channel, throughout 2019 I thought they were going to quit the pay TV business as they kept on dropping channels.

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
But TBN was failing in the Russia market since their partner in Russia, LifeTV was transmitting TBN programs via satellite.

Life TV is actually from Estonia. There is/was a Baltic channel (TBN Baltia). Since it didn't use the squares logo it felt like it meant "the Baltic network" rather than being a division of the Trinity Broadcasting Network.
ABS-CBN could potentially shut down because their license is still not renewed.

Sent from my SM-G5510 using Tapatalk
Call it a second shutdown.

Aug 18, 2019
Bakersfield, CA United States
Life TV is actually from Estonia. There is/was a Baltic channel (TBN Baltia). Since it didn't use the squares logo it felt like it meant "the Baltic network" rather than being a division of the Trinity Broadcasting Network.
TBN Baltia was shut down due to structural issues. Life TV became more successful when it expanded to Russia.