General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

Aug 18, 2019
Bakersfield, CA United States
Repretel is actually owned by Albavisión, a giant in the Latin American media industry. However many have accused them of fraudulent activities.

Colombia and Venezuela are by far the largest Hispanic countries not to have their operations. (Panama has/had Radio Disney)
Yeah I know, they’re the largest in the world. In Guatemala, the television market is dominated by ChapinTV (also owned by Albavision (Canal 3, Trecevision, Televisiete, Teleonce))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JedEmily
Aug 18, 2019
ChapinTV is just their Guatemalan website. They also have channel 23, a news channel.

There used to be an Arpeggio channel, named after a classical music station they had in Argentina, and was available in a few countries.
In Nicaragua, they own channels there. (Canal 10, Canal 11, Canal 9, Televicentro) Nicaragua is considered one of the tiniest populated countries in Central America due to its past.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
In Peru, Albavisión owns Grupo ATV. (ATV, ATV+, ATV Sur, Global, La Tele) One of their channels, Global was re-incarnated from America Next (formerly NEXTV) in 2019, to respond to low ratings. A small amount of programs from America Television still airs on the ATV channels.

Aug 18, 2019
In Chile, it was a state-owned/university-owned monopoly because of the military era. When the monopoly ended in 1990, this gave birth to Chile's first private channel: Megavision. In 1991, La Red (later owned by Albavisión) began broadcasts. Years later universities had to give up on their channels. RTU became Chilevision, Canal 13 was transferred to Grupo Luksic & UCV TV was sold to Media23 and became TV+.

Last edited: