General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

Aug 20, 2017
What replaces Cine Sony?
I believe that's Mediaset has the channel as part of a batch of channels they bought and plan to replace Cine Sony with Italia 2, according to one person that posted here earlier.
Meanwhile Pop is scheduled to become another Boing channel.

Mar 29, 2018
I believe that's Mediaset has the channel as part of a batch of channels they bought and plan to replace Cine Sony with Italia 2, according to one person that posted here earlier.
Meanwhile Pop is scheduled to become another Boing channel.
Actually, Cine Sony won't be replaced from Italia 2, but from a mystery channel. for now there's a semi-simulcast of Mediaset Extra.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
How many kids channels are there in The Netherlands?
Zappelin / Zapp (on NPO 3)
NPO Zappelin Extra (channel)

B.O.Z. (on RTL 7)
RTL Telekids (on RTL 8)
RTL Telekids (channel)

Disney Channel
Disney XD (on Veronica)
Baby TV

Nickelodeon
NickToons
Nick Junior
Nick Music

Cartoon Network
Boomerang

Ketnet (Flemish channel)
Ketnet Junior (on Canvas, a Flemish channel)
Duck TV (for CanalDigitaal viewers, Slovak channel with no spoken language)

J10

Oct 28, 2016
My-HD on Arabsat is going to launch two new channels called Family Movies HD and Fire Movies HD, starting July 16.

There are two of the 4 channels, which would be expected to be replaced by the new ones. It might expect to replace two FOX channels on My-HD, which are FOX Family Movies HD and FOX Action Movies HD, and if not, it may replace Test channels 1&2. It might be launched automatically by rescanning to the frequency (11823 V) on Arabsat Badr 6.

Last edited:

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Boing Plus has started

And if the concept isn't depressing enough, Cartoonito+1 from 4:00 to 13:00, and the rest being Boing+1, it'll get even more depressing,once the trial ends, with being repeats from both Boing and Cartoonito

BTW Boing IT has changed its DOG. Now it has the red circle even in the DOG, like it used to be really

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
The Italian kids market is satured, but really, I'm quite disappointed that among the many possibilities, we got Mediaset buying these LCNs on DTT, depressing really

I would've liked to see Fox launching its own channel on DTT

Anyway, here's the "end of transmission" loop on satellite from POP, which hasn't turned into Boing Plus

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
Fox Kids Italy screenshots from 16 April 2000 during 02:33 AM when the channel was FTA.
View attachment 245581
View attachment 245591
I remember this

When Fox Kids went 24/7 (or almost so, leaving a gap between something loike 5:50 and 6:15), in either 2001 or 2002 the late night schedule was basically a repetition of the morning/early afternoon one, including the same promos and bumpers, obviously without ads