General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

AlbanianCNfan

Dec 30, 2018
Did you know that Digitalb had a commercial with E.T? Freakin' E.T!

Actually i saw less than 10 seconds of the commercial from their documentary. Sadly this commercial isn't accesible anymore and it's lost.
The voice sounded like an Albanian Talking Roby speech.
Images_2_Gallery-0-00-04-21.png

J10

Oct 28, 2016
The Mauritanian Parliament Channel, Al Barlemania, is relaunched. Hope that El Mouritania TV channels would be relaunched with new logos.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This was the old logo for the channel on the right-top of the picture.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
In 2019, Canal Algerie and Programme National are still using this old-fashioned clock, whereas other channels in some countries uses time in a breakfast program, while others doesn’t.
image.jpg

image.jpg

J10

Oct 28, 2016
An Egyptian channel, Extra News (Formerly CBC Extra), has made a mistake and blooper by an Egyptian woman anchor. She had said, “Sent from a Samsung device”.

Reactions: Radical Buster
Aug 20, 2017
An Egyptian channel, Extra News (Formerly CBC Extra), has made a mistake and blooper by an Egyptian woman anchor. The woman anchor has said, “Sent from a Samsung device”.
Gotta love WhatsApp users, especially the phone posters on this forum. But honestly, I find mobile phones to be more of a risk than useful to have around.

Reactions: J10

Francisque

Mar 14, 2014
The solution: simply respect those times ;) It's not that hard.

But in countries like Spain, being on time is just not a thing. Lots of Flemish exchange students want to go to Spain, and they say it's shocking how Spaniards waste half of their day by not being punctual. Even if you are late yourself, you will still have to wait for others who are even less on time, like the professor. So every class gets shortened.

In countries like this, a 30 minute schedule makes sense. If strictness isn't valued, then don't be strict.

But in the Benelux, France or the German countries, please no. (I honestly don't know about Italy, and I've never been in Portugal)

The exception is Disney NL. Their lack of punctuality is legendary. Glad I don't have those feeds anymore. I hope Disney FR now fully controls their schedule.
I don't think a schedule based on the thirty minutes is so much cultural as it is "TV cultural".
In general, a schedule based on the 30 minutes and 60 minutes is often the case for the US (especially), the UK (in a much moderate way), Canada, Australia, NZ, Scandinavia and large parts of Asia and Latin America, often influenced by the US fashion way of doing things

But punctuality about EPG times is also cultural, in part. For instance, Turkish and Greek channels are CRAZY about being late, even if many channels there arun on 30/60 mins.
UK channels run most most of the time on time.

In the US is similar, but they cut bits of some shows in order to make sure adverts are squeezed in with a 30/60 mins slot, it's crazy
In the UK it's much more moderate, and a BBC show running on a28 mins on a BBC channel without ads, will be at least given a 40 mins slot, on UKTV (e.. Gold, Yesterday etc.) channels
Channels like some ITV digital channels and Channel 4 and family, are less obsessed about "proper length", and you can see there 65, 35 mins slots for thngs that run longer than usual (especially older shows)

Italian channels have become much more punctual with EPG times, I cannot say the same about Spanish channels though, not sure about Portuguese ones

But still, I prefer the UK approach, which means, that when possible, a 42 circa mins show will be given a 60 mins slot (with 3 internal ad breaks), and a 22 circa mins show a 30 mins slot , when available, making the schedule easy.

But the real problem about Italian TV and even most of Southern Europe (inc. France) and parts of N. Europe, is the almost complete lack of proper dayparting on the main terrestrial channels.

For instance, starting at 9pm on French TV you do not get something at 9, sometimes different at 10, something different at 11, but you get 3 hour of the same show. Either different episodes (often longe rthan on US/UK TV) or a stupid/cheesy talk show running for around 3 to 4 hours.
Similar for Italian TV and Spanish TV.
There's no variety

And don't let me start about Sanremo Musical Festival. THis can run until 1/2am!

FOX Finland already stopped using the Fox Kids logo before closing down the kids block.
I'm surprised they still show Aladdin The Series!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
They're not airing it anymore. They stopped airing Fox Kids in January.

RIP Fox Kids
2012-2019 :D

Ketnet aired Aladdin till January 2011.

animegamer

Jul 22, 2017
www.youtube.com
Got some news to share:

1. Today is the 20th, so Nat Geo Music and Nat Geo People are now gone.

2. The outrage is increasing for Akash after losing PTV Sports (it got scrambled) and apparently they were having problems with BTV due to encryption keys being constantly changed.

Star channels are still “coming soon” and the only way to watch the ICC World Cup currently is on BTV or DD Sports

J10

Oct 28, 2016
During a local program simulcasted with Mauritania TV1, El Mauritania 2 between minutes gets a glitch and returns back to normal picture.
image.jpg
image.jpg

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
Got some news to share:

1. Today is the 20th, so Nat Geo Music and Nat Geo People are now gone.

2. The outrage is increasing for Akash after losing PTV Sports (it got scrambled) and apparently they were having problems with BTV due to encryption keys being constantly changed.

Star channels are still “coming soon” and the only way to watch the ICC World Cup currently is on BTV or DD Sports
There already was outrage when PTV Sports was added, customers said that the channel was useless and they preferred to see Gazi Television instead.

If you need a PTV channel, let it be PTV Home like on Bengal.

There are also speculations that Pakistan's satellite platform will launch by the end of the year.

animegamer

Jul 22, 2017
www.youtube.com
Some news has come out of Discovery India.

The highlights:
  • Animal Planet will rebrand on 15 July, and introduce a Tamil feed.
  • Discovery Channel wants to go back to their original roots, and add Marathi, Kannada and Malayalam feeds.
  • Discovery Kids to also introduce Marathi and Kannada feeds, and launch a new local IP.
  • Discovery Plus digital service launching next year.
  • TLC to boost market share by using Scripps library, including shows from Food Network and HGTV
  • Niche channels like Turbo, Science and DSport are not their focus for now.

The new MD Megha Tata joined in April and this is her plan.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Finally, after months of not rebranding, Animal Planet India is ready to get the new logo. I hope that the logo moves to the left, and also the (HD World) brand dissolves on the HD Version of Animal Planet in the next months or by next year, and simply use the HD label.

Last edited:

Mr Chilean

Nov 22, 2017
@RandomMe I guess that ZEE Familia was focused on... airing all the library of DreamWorks Classics (well, Classic Media, like Filmation cartoons from the 70s and the 80s)... and yep, this obscure cartoons are aired on Tooncast in the early years (2008 to 2011) and Boomerang LatAm (in 2006-08).

But... what's next? ZEE Familia airing Toho kaiju movies or Chinese martial arts movies (like "El Rey Network" case when airs marathons of this movies)?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC
I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.