General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News & Videos

J10

Congratulations! Bengal now carries BBC World News in 16:9. Is the channel in HD or still in SD?

Francisque

Travel Channel UK yesterday has closed down, on Freeview and Freesat, and has been replaced by a newly relaunched DMAX UK on these platforms, a channel which previously was completely abandoned

The channel has received a rebrand (apparently the German graphics)

H2 will become History2 in Poland. That means Viceland will not replace H2 in Poland.
Viceland was never meant to replace Viceland worldwide

Just in the US, where launching a new channel is a very hard thing to do

BTW I still think H2 Poland is shared with some other CEE countries

Don't think that it is Nick Jr. Global.
Do you have Discord?
It IS Nick Jr Global

Last edited:
Surprising return!
Big Brother is seen on television after a long break. It's going to air on Jim and Ruutu, while before it has aired on Sub.

Big Brother, one of the world's best known television formats, is back. The program will be seen next autumn on Jim and Ruutu.

Big Brother will arrive in Finland in the autumn after a five-year break. Big Brother will also celebrate this year as it will be 20 years since the start of the world's first Big Brother season.

Meira Noronen, Manager of Nelonen Media's domestic programs, says that the program utilizes social media more than before.

- Big Brother has been in Finland for a break for five years, during which social media has changed dramatically. Of course, this brings with it plenty of new opportunities, and the program is more multichannel than ever. Big Brother Finland, for example, gets its own mobile application, which allows viewers to get closer to the lives of their residents, says Noronen.

“However, we start with the fact that genuine people and interesting and different personalities are at the heart of the program. Big Brother is a unique "social test" that doesn't get stuck, Noronen continues.

Big Brother In Finland, a group of people unknown to each other spend 10 weeks under the same roof, but only one can win. Every movement of the residents is monitored around the clock from a number of cameras installed in the house and they have no contact with the outside world.

Residents perform different tasks in the house and follow the instructions given to them by Big Brother. Every week, the inhabitants call each other without knowing the number of competitors under the eviction threat, and by the end of the week in live broadcast the house is dropped by the fallen voters.

RandomMe

Bloo
In Portugal there were talks of regular Big Brother returning, but now they seem to prefer cheaply-made editions of Secret Story.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I just want to say that I am able to visit De Standaard's archive, and they have TCM's schedule from March 1st, 2003 till May 13th, 2012. So if anyone is searching for a schedule...

(Ketnet got its own channel on May 1st, and after two weeks De Standaard decided to ditch the TCM schedule and give Ketnet its own spot)

(Notice that CNBC was a morning block on National Geographic NL till October 2009!)

In March 2003, they only showed the 22:00-06:00 schedule, from April 2003 till 2005, they showed the 21:00-06:00 schedule, from 2005 onwards, they showed the entire schedule, but sometimes the morning movies were left out to save space.

I know there are lots of other archives, but this one is complete.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Bloo
It seems that TVNZ 2 started airing Dragon Ball Super.

Also it seems that ZooMoo, whike partly funded by New Zealand's NHNZ, is not available as a channel in New Zealand at all, last year some programming appeared on Māori Television.

J10

Smithsonian Networks and Blue Ant Media Enter Partnership to Expand Smithsonian Channel™ International Presence in Asia-Pacific, Turkey, Israel, Middle East and Africa.

There will be launching and expanding Smithsonian Channel to all around the world, including Africa, Middle East, Israel, Turkey, and Asia-Pacific. I hope there would be success to the channel internationally and won’t fail or end up closing down or change it’s name like what happen to Hallmark Channel (except for the US), or even Jetix in all the world.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Smithsonian Networks and Blue Ant Media Enter Partnership to Expand Smithsonian Channel™ International Presence in Asia-Pacific, Turkey, Israel, Middle East and Africa.

There will be launching and expanding Smithsonian Channel to all around the world, including Africa, Middle East, Israel, Turkey, and Asia-Pacific. I hope there would be success to the channel internationally and won’t fail or end up closing down or change it’s name like what happen to Hallmark Channel (except for the US), or even Jetix in all the world.
Yet no plans to expand it to Europe.

Reactions: J10

RandomMe

Bloo
Earlier this month, Gibsat and uMee have stopped relaying SKY channels. This because Gibtelecom's legal platform Sofi has got exclusive rights to two SKY Sports channels (Premier League and F1) and SKY News.

J10

I'm pretty sure that's Animal Planet Arabia, not Animal Planet Europe, given the Arabic subtitles.
If it was Animal Planet Arabia, then its ads and texts would be in Arabic. This feed isn't Animal Planet Arabia, unless if it only consist of KSA/ALG or KSA/UAE. Just look at this example from DKids or Quest Arabiya:

Animal Planet Europe has Arabic subtitles in the past years and has KSA/UAE and even CAT in the past times, now they dropped both CAT and UAE times as from the picture I captured.

J10

The Islamic network that broadcasts from Sudan, New Africa TV, has announced that Eshailsat 2’s first frequency will be as following:
Freq: 11350
Polarization: H
Symbol Rate: 30000
FEC: 3/4

Finally, Eshailsat 2 is officially launched. This frequency consists of 20 Test Channels called (SERVICE 1-20), Tayba TV (Islamic Sudanese Channel), and New Africa TV Channels.