General International TV Channels Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
487 2
GEM Junior airs Mr Bean (in English), but unfortunately the (KISSCARTOON) label is there, so they stole it from the website.

They shouldn’t do that at all. Boomerang and other channels in several countries and region doesn’t do that, and have their rights for broadcasting it. I really wished they don’t do that.
FLbznhi.jpg
SVZlFfC.jpg

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, PPG artist.
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
7,470 88
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
487 2
Dlife MENA used Pink Ribbon on the D logo, during October for the Breast Cancer Awareness Day.
1540036462247.png

Also, BBC HD removed Poland from the country list, and this means it will be replaced with BBC First HD Poland. The only country that will carry BBC HD is Turkey. I think that next year in Turkey, BBC Entertainment and BBC HD may be replaced with BBC First and BBC Brit.
1540036597421.png

The Hindi Star channels are now back to the international feeds.
Smart Bengal. Hope one day they will do the same by adding more Asian channels like Animax, Sony Channel and the like.

Speaking of which, it's not just AXN Philippines that is FTA. Animax and Sony Channel PH are FTA too. I wonder why.

animegamer

Jul 22, 2017
Ratings
1,911 25
www.youtube.com
Smart Bengal. Hope one day they will do the same by adding more Asian channels like Animax, Sony Channel and the like.

Speaking of which, it's not just AXN Philippines that is FTA. Animax and Sony Channel PH are FTA too. I wonder why.
All operators suffered the Star channel issue which made them use the Indian ones as a backup the last few days

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
487 2
Today, October 22, BBC Knowledge NZ is now replaced by BBC Earth NZ. This means Top Gear got removed for good in NZ after the launch of BBC Earth NZ, and now New Zealand will be lucky to see Planet Earth II.

The only country without BBC Earth, and has BBC Knowledge at this moment is Australia. Oh Australia, you really needed BBC Brit, BBC Lifestyle and BBC Earth.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
487 2
Today, in a quick check on BBC Knowledge's website, they haven't dropped NZ from the list yet, but the website of BBC Knowledge NZ is dead after the launch of BBC Earth NZ.
1540237065169.png
1540237228945.png

Last edited:

animegamer

Jul 22, 2017
Ratings
1,911 25
www.youtube.com
Disney has officially launched UTV HD, and it will air Bollywood and Hollywood movies dubbed in Hindi. They plan to premiere a new movie every Friday. Disney India launches HD Hindi movie channel

Here's the launch promo:

Now for some news about sports channels.
NEO is apparently shutting down. The network has been suffering for a while now. Now Sony and Star dominate the sports genre with DSport focusing on niche sports. NEO channels will be discontinued w.e.f. 11th November & may be available therefore in an upgraded HD

Speaking about DSport, they have swapped the Eurosport Star icon for the globe icon. Probably not to get confused with Star Sports? Breaking News - Dsport logo inside D
Also Sony Ten Golf HD is shutting down and will be moved to Sony LIV, like what happened with Animax. Sony Marathi HD will launch in its place.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0
My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.