General International TV Channels Thread

Latest News

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Ratings
169 3
There's a new cable TV service called WIND Vision in Greece, and it's the same with all the others, except it also has Netflix (6 months free for new Netflix subscribers). Since I am a WIND subscriber on my phone, I may buy it (it's only around 11 euros a month (excluding Netflix price).

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
481 2
Yemen TV (from Sanaa) aired the National Anthem of Yemen from the retro times in the 90s before and after the speech of Mahdi Mashat, from the Houthi Government.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It’s different from the one in the 2000s.

Last edited:

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
481 2
Alhayat TV channels is now 16:9.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Alhayat 2 became Alhayat +2 to timeshift programs 2 hours later during Ramadan.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Alhayat We AlNas is still 4:3
image.jpg

Last edited:
So today while channel surfing I found this gem on SET Asia Europe. Based on recollections found on the internet this ad seems to be popular among South Asian babies in the UK for some mad reason. Much of the British South Asian community has the script in their head because it appears often on the European SET Asia and Star Plus.
Since this ad airs to all of Europe that can get SET Asia, "wherever you go, Southall Travel will follow you". What caught me was the agency's logo that made me remind of the 2001 SKY News one.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
481 2
SBC is launched yesterday. They aired a documentary about the new channel which replaced Althaqafiya with some promos until the first program starts and even a show that introduces the programs.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The logo is in white.
image.jpg

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
481 2
So Morocco has two full HD channels (am I right)? RTP only has RTP 1 in HD. They aired the ESC in native HD.
Morocco has the following:
-AlAoula HD (National and Inter)
-Tamazight HD
-Arrabiaa HD
-Assadissa HD
-Arriyadia Live HD
-AlMaghribia HD
-Medi 1TV HD (Afrique and Maroc)

The only channels that are not HD are Laayoune, 2M, and Aflam TV.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Ratings
481 2
FIFA World Cup 2018 was supposed to be available on beIN SPORTS MAX 1-4 HD, beIN 4K, beIN SPORTS News (News about World Cup), and beIN Connect. But now they added beIN SPORTS HD (FTA), so it will also air in Free to Air just like in 2010 (When it was called AlJazeera Sports) and 2014.
image.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.