General Disney Comics Talkback (IDW, Dark Horse, Joe's Books, Gladstone, Gemstone, BoomKids etc.)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,755 7
Framingham, MA
I set up a talkback for the Fantagraphics Libraries but I think we could use one for the regular comics too. I haven't been keeping up with recent IDW issues (although I've still been buying and collecting them) but you can also talk about old issues here from Gladstone, Disney Publishing, Gemstone, and BoomKids here, as well as digests, comic albums, and trade paperbacks.

Also Muppet and Pixar Comics are fair game as well.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
591 6
New York
Recently picked up 38 and 39 of IDW Uncle Scrooge, really loved it.

Issue 38, Magica and Scrooge getting the wrong apprentice was an interesting story and Maggie is so adorable.

Issue 39, seeing Daisy take Donald's place in Scrooge's adventure was need to see it. Her taking cellfish, and acting like millenial, well it is nice that see tries to stay with the times. What I love best of all, the little gesture that shows she is family even though she is not blood related, the nephews calling her aunt Daisy and Daisy calling Scrooge are the little things I love. And makes Mickey's Christmas Carol more weird to me.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,755 7
Framingham, MA
I will probably have to do a binge-read of all of my modern comics at some point. The problem is the Fantagraphics Libraries are so big (and long) and tempting.

The first big review I plan to do for this thread is definitely gonna be the first DuckTales Classics Trade Paperback.