Gatordragon's Art Stuff

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I like the Squonk.

Me too. It's so different compared to other fearsome critters.

pWhRgUi.jpg

In fact, drew up my own interpretation of the Squonk without any references. I'm planning on sculpting it for one of my classes.

MQwXYhO.jpg

N983WMj.jpg

Also, in a follow-up to my Sweet Dreams Avalee drawing, I also made an evil counterpart, Nightmare Avalee.

KJrNJMn.jpg

Similar to how Avalee is inspired by the Jester from Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Nightmare Avalee is inspired by the Shadow Wraith from the same game. She's also inspired by old black-and-white cartoons, as you can tell by her white gloves.

To finish off this post, here's an unpolished one-panel comic showing what happens when an electrical incident messes up Eitri's hair.

Zj3M0xe.jpg

Eitri's usually more chill than Avalee, but you seriously mess with his hair, he'll get mad. Heck, this is him showing restraint. Simply put, Eitri cares about his hair the same way a regular dwarf cares about their beard.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Sure glad my coursework is artistic. I've been working on some sculptures for two of my courses. They're still a work in progress, but I thought I'd show them off.

This one is a relief sculpture of a symbol of power. In this case, an alligator.

i9RckAt.jpg

My other sculpture in progress is a narrative sculpture of the Squonk.

h4rWwwX.jpg

dhR1YuV.jpg

I plan on making scenery for both pieces before baking them. I'm no sculptor, but applying my drawing skills to these has helped a bunch.

I also pitched my semester animation project for my advanced animation course. The title for it is Herptiles and is about an alligator and frog duo who journey to find a new home after their old pond was drained to make room for construction. It's essentially a message about humans encroaching on Florida's nature and the impact of it. Here's some early concept art I made for it.

HbE4QvE.png

j8mPAHJ.jpg

5jf5z56.jpg

This short film is going take a lot of time to complete, especially since I've never animated quadrupeds before. I might post significant progress here.

To bring this post to a close, here's a summary of the personality of my OC, Moonshadow.

VMl9n7n.jpg

Moonshadow is really sweet, but has an innocent macabre side that creeps people out. She see's the beauty in everything, no matter how hideous or dead it may be. It probably has to do with her necromantic powers.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I painted my Squonk sculpture, though I'll add the grass later.

3bnCuzy.jpg

etyRv6g.jpg

The texturing I sculpted really helped the paint look misshapen and ugly, fitting for the Squonk.

And here's one of my storyboards for my Herptiles animation. It's a scene that I might cut out because my project could be too long to animate on time.

yfwI8db.png

Now for my non-work stuff. First up is a little comic.

dnWmUQz.png

COICLMC.png

77wbWYm.png

IkoZTzp.png

A stressed Moonshadow is a scary Moonshadow.

To end this post, here's a Draw the Squad sketch I did with my little cast. Here's the template I used.

ARDo7hZ.png

Challenges like Draw the Squad really help with artist's block.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I finished my animatic of the first couple of scenes from my student film.

I also finished my latest sculpture, "Lumberjack's Nightmare".

ukUMfCr.jpg

i4YwEFO.jpg

And to wrap up this post, here's a pre-Inktober sketch of my OC Cubessa and her daddy (since I drew this in late September).

vCj2MuO.png

Cubessa's dad is unusually big for an imp. He's also one heck of a boss man in the imp lands (which has a more swingin' culture to it than the rest of the fantasy world).

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Today's Inktober sketch, I drew my recent Dungeons and Dragons character, Thrum Nokdal: The Orc Barbarian Pirate.

34IBGor.png

I created him for a D&D session on Discord with some of my fellow college mates. And yes, that is an anchor fashioned into an axe. I can't wait for my next D&D session with my boy, Thrum. The last one was exciting!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Looks great!

Say, when you have some free time could you draw more Gilda and Meek characters? That really tickled me.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Looks great!

Say, when you have some free time could you draw more Gilda and Meek characters? That really tickled me.

Maybe. I could draw some for Inktober. Pen and paper are pretty cheap as far as resources go.

Speaking of Inktober, here's my drawing for Inktober 4th. A lovely witch casting a spell for Halloween.

D7hRoJe.jpg

I made her head a bit too big, but I'm glad how it turned out overall.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I finally got time to catch up on Inktober. Here what I got.

Inktober 10th: A nice walk.

7hMTOQs.jpg

Inktober 11th: I'm sure Avalee had a good reason to do that right? Right?

R2WYmw0.jpg

Inktober 12th: Right off the Atlantic coast of Florida.

U2vkzmi.jpg

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Inktober 13: Eitri shows off his lute's magic powers to defend himself from an attack.

wtzDfkw.png

I always wanted to show off some of Eitri's abilities. His lute's magic is normally used to enhance performances, but its magic has some versatility.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts