Gargoyles "Lighthouse in the Sea of Time" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the Gargoyles episode "Lighthouse in the Sea of Time"!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 4 33.3%

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
It was a time of darkness, it was a world of fear, it was the age of Garogyles. Toon Zone's number three animated show of all time continues into season two. This is the official talkback thread for episode #17, "Lighthouse in the Sea of Time," airing on ABC Family's Jetix block Saturday April 17th at 11:00 AM Eastern. Defend the night, watch this morning and comment on this episode.

I had a VCR malfunction last week and thus I missed the previous four episode, however I believe this is the first episode to feature the late Paul Winfield. What has everyone's favorite Scottish king stumbled on to? Tune in to find out. Jalapeña! ABC Family Jetix.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on ABC Family Jetix you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on ABC Family Jetix please use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the series. Thank you!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
William C. Maune said:
It was a time of darkness, it was a world of fear, it was the age of Garogyles. Toon Zone's number three animated show of all time continues into season two. This is the official talkback thread for episode #17, "Lighthouse in the Sea of Time," airing on ABC Family's Jetix block Saturday April 17th at 11:00 AM Eastern. Defend the night, watch this morning and comment on this episode.

I had a VCR malfunction last week and thus I missed the previous four episode, however I believe this is the first episode to feature Avery Brooks. What has everyone's favorite Scottish king stumbled on to? Tune in to find out. Jalapeña! ABC Family Jetix.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on ABC Family Jetix you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on ABC Family Jetix please use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the series. Thank you!
You're thinking of the late Paul Winfield. Avery Brooks voiced the Easter Island alien guy.

sag_2002

Goliath's into has been added to the opening credits. That's one part of the show that I always looked forward too when USA Network had it in 1995.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Heh, Elisa & Goliath's haste to blame Xanatos for everything screws them out of Macbeth...

Space Lion

It's a lion!
Hudson is top tier... no question about that. :)

You gotta love the sheer amazement Broadway felt when MacBeth was describing Merlin. The look on his face, the "You were there!" line... great stuff.

...and Robbins' message at the end of the episode... very nice.

Another great episode for me.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The animation wasn't as great as a Jade episode, but yeah, this was awesome.

MacBeth is my absolute fave and his harshness is so cool. If he and Batman got into a fight I'm sure he would win.

Nice message about learning how to read is cool. I thought it was brilliant how they tied in Robbins having to learn how to read TWICE to make it clear to Hudson he was missing out on something special.

I also love how they go back to Broadway and Hudson learning how to read in later episodes. This episode and "The Mirror" are also examples of times when Gargoyles will mention a character, only to have them show up later on down the line.

Great episode. ****1/2.

Paul_Cousins

Fone Bone said:
I also love how they go back to Broadway and Hudson learning how to read in later episodes. This episode and "The Mirror" are also examples of times when Gargoyles will mention a character, only to have them show up later on down the line.

Great episode. ****1/2.
I agree with you. Except, I think it is 5 stars instead of 4 and a half.

Also, one of the things I love about the first 2 Seasons of Gargoyles is that they never got preachy when they were trying to make a point. Like for example, this episode and 'Deadly Force'.

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
y'know, 9 years ago, I really didn't like this one , but I payed more attention to it and I found it quite likeable.

I really dug Macbeth's peaceful surrender at the end. He saw no reason to keep fighting, so he just let them out.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
A Double Barreled Shotgun story that's almost perfect!

Fone Bone said:
Nice message about learning how to read is cool. I thought it was brilliant how they tied in Robbins having to learn how to read TWICE to make it clear to Hudson he was missing out on something special.
Actually this was a "Double Barreled" Shotgun Message that This particular Episode dealt with..

1. Definitely it showed that Hudson indeed was illiterate, but they didn't get too preachy about it, yet showed a way that he overcame this issue. plus...

2.It shows that No one (Human nor Gargoyle) should be left out of anything.

After all when you look at this ep, it deals with not only the illiteracy Issue (which at the time back in 1994 and 1995, was slowly beoming to the point where it was starting to infect students in school), but it also showed that No one who is Handicapped should be left out of his/her role in society. (a Nice and fitting Touch and in fact was perhaps one of the best episodes that Dealt with the Handicapable since Darkwing Duck's Episode, Duck Blind.

All in all this does show that it is possible to overcome adversity.. Next to the following Episode, The Mirror, this one is again almost 5 stars, but I have to say it just falls a Tiny bit short of the mark.. but not by much..

this one gets 4 and 7/8 stars in my book...It's so darn close to Perfect, but it's not quite there, due to the fact that it does talk about issues without becoming preachy, but it seems to lack a certain quality (I really can't put my finger on it).

:coyote:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The only reason I docked half a star was because the animation wasn't perfect. Viewing this episode's animation back-to-back with "The Mirror" didn't help either.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts