Garfield Gets Real

powerjake

Banned
This animated Garfield movie is just terrible, its story and the animation are very poor. The real world doesn't have any real differences to the wacky cartoony comic world that Garfield lives in, making the real world plot extremely pointless. For some reason the Real World is just another cartoon world, Cats and Dogs sing and even talk to people. also has characters like Hale and Hardy, a muscular cat and muscular dog. The people in the Real World were not even shocked to see the comic character Garfield leave the comic world. A cat named Shecky from the real world ends up in the comic world in the end of the movie and everyone in the real world again were not even shocked by it.

If the writers of the movie were smart the Real World should of been entirely live action.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Actually, there was at least one notable difference between the two worlds:

In Comic World, there are cartoon physics; in the “real world”, there are none. If I remember right; that was one of the things about the “real world” that made Garfield realize it isn't what it’s cracked up to be.

A live-action version of that world may have been technically right, but was probably besides the point (not to mention that live-action Garfield was already done shortly before).

I’m not big on GGR- or the DTV trilogy overall for that matter- mind you, but it looks like you missed a key aspect or two about it.

AlbanianCNfan

I know this movie, since i have watched it in Albanian. The movie is very bad. Why is not the real world live action, if it really is the real world?

Let's face it, Garfield is one messed up little cat.

Mesterius

It would have made better sense if the film had done either hand-drawn animation in the cartoon world and CGI in the real world, or CGI in the cartoon world and live-action in the real world.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts