Game Suggestions and Feedback

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Gatomon41

Easter Era
Good idea! Give it a try Gatomon. Set it up just the way you want.

My one concern is when it comes to movies we should limit ourselves to those that are more then 6 months old. Because we've got so much activity here I don't want it to drain away posts that should go to the legitimate talkback threads. :tweety:

I was thinking of something like Haiku Reviews or something. Never got around trying it myself to see if it was a good idea.:eek:
I like your idea though.
Cool, thanks. :) I agree with the 6 months limit, if only to avoid spoilers.

Edit: Should there be a Spoiler warning regardless? While it's not directly revealing anything, it could indirectly spoil something.

In light of the continued lack of activity, can we bring back voting threads and threads like it? At this point, I don't think it's going to hurt anything.
I wouldn't mind... but that's beyond my power.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Aug 23, 2005
West Virginia
In light of the continued lack of activity, can we bring back voting threads and threads like it? At this point, I don't think it's going to hurt anything.
We're nearly two months past this and still no answer, and still no progress in terms of activity. Can this be addressed?

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Feb 26, 2004
Bar Stool Of Solitude
Sorry. This should have addressed this earlier.

To me more activity would be a better reason to bring them back then the lack of it.
Greatest games have a lot going for them with all the interaction and discussion that takes place in them. Their rise and fall on this board was unprecedented. I worry they became too repeatitive and even though reasonable moderation was put in place it had little effect, so I'm reluctant to bring them back.
Now, if a game had a great deal more players to give a statically better results, that may be a different beast.

But we might try a hurt/heal.

My idea of linking it to trivia didn't get any takers. But as I remember from reviewing how hurt/heal games went, the end is resolved by a race to who posts first. I'd hate to lose that lelement of excitement, but I think it results in odd things wining. I'm thinking it would be more strategic if there was a hard four post rule AND a 12 hours between posts rule.

Cool, thanks. :) I agree with the 6 months limit, if only to avoid spoilers.

Edit: Should there be a Spoiler warning regardless? While it's not directly revealing anything, it could indirectly spoil something.
Maybe a spoiler warning in the title.
I think anyone entering the thread should be prepared for spoilers.
There my be a few movies that are known for their surprise twists that some people still don't know and could be stuck in a spoiler. Especially if it's relatively recent.

A movie like The Sixth Sense
Has an ending just about everyone should know by now and is talked about all the time. May no longer need a spoiler.

But don't worry about it.
I can always go back and mark spoilers if looks like it's needed.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Feb 26, 2004
Bar Stool Of Solitude
Greatest threads were the most popular game here at one time. I can see why you want to play it again.
The path that’s closed gets all the attention. But that’s only one path.
I think it’s possible to go beyond greatest.
It's time to ask what made it a fun game to begin with?
But what does playing “Greatest ___ Ever” even mean?
Could it have been more groovy? If not groovy, how about more way out?
Some reflection might lead to some really interesting games.

bobbybop

Nov 5, 2010
plymouth
how about a guess the tv show or movie game? We give 3 clues about a tv show or movie and the other members would try to guess what it is.
it would look a little something like this

Clue 1
Hi ho off to work we go.
Clue 2
6+1
Clue 3
S--- ---te --- --- --v--n d---fs

Answer snow white and the seven dwarfs.