"Gambit (X-Men)" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess making Sinister the villain or a big presence in the film gives it some decent importance in the overall franchise, on-top of being your classic heist movie ;).
A part of me is admittedly skeptical. Even though it's an outline, it's pretty on the nose with what happened in the comics. He was even hired by Sinister. The only difference is no mention of the Marauders and Morlocks.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
That's....potentially very interesting casting. I'd be very curious to see how that would work out.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Huh. His track record is very 50/50 for me, so if he ends up doing it, I hope we get the "good" Verbinski.

Frontier

Staff member
If nothing else, I think Verbinski has experience with swashbuckling adventure movies that I could see them trying to develop the film as :).

Maybe Gambit will be the Jack Sparrow of the XCU :p?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Again FOX films especially Gambit don't have enough cred for a release date to really have the weight on it's own for it to feel like it's coming out. I mean it can come out and be made in the time they said (just as New Mutants was which has it's first trailer out) but there still isn't the assurance of say an MCU date. Though if this date does keep this will come out the week after Sony's Silver and Black movie so any momentum that movie may generate will be cut down by Gambit. Still until we actually see information of Remy's movie actually being in production I'm still holding my breath on it considering how many delays it's been through.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious to see how much of the original script is still intact at this point even if Bella Donna and the Thieves/Assassins were probably always going to be involved one way or another...

the greenman

I'm curious to see how much of the original script is still intact at this point even if Bella Donna and the Thieves/Assassins were probably always going to be involved one way or another...
If they were talking $150 mil, I too wonder what they had. I'm sure the adjustments involved the sfx.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Rumors suggest Candra The Benefactress will possibly be a main villain.

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/10...lain-candra-expected-gambit-externals-coming/
Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if they'll keep her romantic attachment with Gambit intact...

I'm also curious if they'll establish the Externals here, and maybe connect Sinister to them? Maybe even setup Selene for future X-Men movies :cool:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts