G4's Action Blast

Sketch

not like those other old guys
deathbyanyname said:
Is it just me, or when I try to go to g4tv.com, it takes me to Microsoft.com.

Weird...
I noticed that as well. It must be some kind of conspiracy!

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Nin-Nin69 said:
Well they didn't say Kaiju Big Battle, just Kaiju. That could mean a small group at G4 dubbing over Ultraman or Godzilla movies in the most unfunny fashion G4's programing has to offer.

edit: Well the KBB has a Q of the week asking what's good on G4 next month and their board is wondering the same thing.
It better be the Kaiju Big Battle that was on MTV2 for awhile... I swear to god if it isn't.... :mad:

The host of the show did guest star on Attack of the Show, so that's my best guess.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Steve Janes said:
CNN's website mentioned that a name change is possible for the channel when they discussed the acquisition of Star Trek. Basically, the executives at G4 don't know what they're doing and are just acquiring whatever the heck they can from left to right. So I'm guessing by the end of they year, the only real gaming related programming we'll have are X-Play, AOTS (which isn't too much gaming), and Training Camp (if that even counts.)
Yeah, they'll definitely keep X-Play. Comcast bought out an entire network just for THAT show. Now that they have TNG and the original Star Trek coming on their lineup, they want to keep that "geek" aspect of the network as well as bring in more of the "jock" aspect. And we all know how geeks and jocks get along. Tsk, tsk, tsk, shameful Comcast.

Hey, G4's looking for a writer for Icons.... hold up before you think it's gaming, it's pop culture stories they want!!!
I could totally do that. However, they want local talent only which kind of sucks for me since I have no plans to be California-bound in the near or far future. I'm still in a transitional period with this newish computer I have, so I'm in flux for a while now.

But as of Action Blast "trying to topple Toonami," there have been many comers. Some have come close (particularly in-house productions like Adult Swim Action and Miguzi), but most have failed. This new block on G-What-Happened-To-Gaming-and-Tech-Television-Shows appears to be daily morning block at 8 AM in the East, filling in the void left over by Sci-Fi's Animation Station many, many moons ago. Hardly a Toonami toppler, but hey, at least it's not informericals in the morning.

Sketch

It's in the morning? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I have something to watch in the morning again. CN and Jetix have bored me far too long.

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
Well I will disaprove KBB being on such an awful channel. Yet if they can get some other reasonable shows in the morning, then I won't have to sit through Harry and his Dinosaurs with messages telling their auidence that playtime has no real development on children.

herbkir

info-maniac
Forget G4 Videogame TV. That concept is being phased out in favor of something young-adult-single-male oriented whose exact form hasn't been worked out yet. We may get a better idea when G4 renames itself.

I think The Man Show's audience is what G4 is aiming at all across the board. I also think they are trying to make their transformation on the cheap, through their own low-cost shows and low-cost acquisitions. (^_*)

NahMan85

WWW.OTAKARA-ISLAND.COM=ANIME.
yeah

deathbyanyname said:
Is it just me, or when I try to go to g4tv.com, it takes me to Microsoft.com.

Weird...
I just tried myself and it said that it could not find the server. Something fishy is going on around here? :shrug:

sdp

miscrave
well, it is indeed Beast Wars, and also Battle BDMon with Kaiju segments throughout the show, it was nice seeing beastwars again and the kaiju is somewhat amusing but they cancelled Call For Help for that and another re-run of AOTS.....

shouldn't this be mirrored(or be moved since it has nothing to do with toonami) to General Animation though? I'm sure other people would like this news, didn't know if i should have created a new therad about it in there or not.

AlphaPrime

Zanza, The Fighter for Hire.
Ah so glad its BW, i wouldn't get up early for anything else TF related except maybe the last ep of Armada and the ep where Starscream dies hehehe. BW is still the best, Cybertron so far coming in to a close second.

Sketch

sdp said:
well, it is indeed Beast Wars, and also Battle BDMon with Kaiju segments throughout the show, it was nice seeing beastwars again and the kaiju is somewhat amusing but they cancelled Call For Help for that and another re-run of AOTS.....

shouldn't this be mirrored(or be moved since it has nothing to do with toonami) to General Animation though? I'm sure other people would like this news, didn't know if i should have created a new therad about it in there or not.
Well that's odd. CN is going to be airing Battle B Damon on Friday mornings so why is it on that? Beastwars is on? Oh I'm so there. What time does it start because I don't see it listed on my digital cable schedule for G4 for some reason.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
sdp said:
Good point.

ThePeterNetwork

Smurf Life!
I have refused to watch G4 for the following reasons:

• They refused to answer a question I had for The Screen Savers TV program.
  • They cut off their chat room to guests, so you have to register with the site.
  • The tone of their website is just plain condescending.
Conclusion: G4 sucks monkeys, and I hope my DirecTV stops carrying their channel.

EscaflownePilot

Wow, I must have missed something.

Since when did Battle B-Daman jump from Jetix to CN? I know I haven't watched Jetix in about a month and a half, but I thought I'd have noticed this.

Secondly, since when did B-Daman have ANYTHING in common with G4's audience?

...and if the show ain't on Jetix, anymore, is the dub still in production for any of the sequel series? If so, is it still going to be done by Sensation Animation?

mojokingbee1

Steve Janes said:
CNN's website mentioned that a name change is possible for the channel when they discussed the acquisition of Star Trek. Basically, the executives at G4 don't know what they're doing and are just acquiring whatever the heck they can from left to right. So I'm guessing by the end of they year, the only real gaming related programming we'll have are X-Play, AOTS (which isn't too much gaming), and Training Camp (if that even counts.)

Hey, G4's looking for a writer for Icons.... hold up before you think it's gaming, it's pop culture stories they want!!! http://www.entertainmentcareers.net/id/?id=46115

I PRAY they'll still have "Call For Help" (The only Techtv program on G4 along with X-Play)

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
EscaflownePilot said:
Since when did Battle B-Daman jump from Jetix to CN? I know I haven't watched Jetix in about a month and a half, but I thought I'd have noticed this.
Recently. I forget when it starts, but I believe it was either this week or next. And I think it's Fridays at 6AM.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts