"G Gundam" - Week Ten - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this week's "G Gundam" episodes!

Votes: 8 61.5%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
It's the moment you've been waiting for! This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "G Gundam" premiering on Toonami October 7th through October 11th at 5.0 PM (4.0 Central). This thread is burning red, it commands you to comment in it! While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

Spoilers: If you are posting in regards to an episode that has aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you are posting in regards to an episode that has not aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not yet seen the entire series. Thank you!

Episode Titles

Monday - 'Ultimate Attack, The! Duel With Master Asia'
Tuesday - 'Ruthless Fight, The! Schwarz's Last Match'
Wednesday - 'Battle Royale Beings! Dark Gundam Revived'
Thursday - 'Assault of the Four Evil Kings! Soaring Raven Gundam'
Friday - 'Royal Counterattack! Ambush of the Grand Gundam'

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
This was an alright episode. Is this the end of Rain and Domons relationship? Looks like it, but I'm sure things will work out. Other than that, there was hardly any action. Domon learns a new technique, from Undefeated of the East. One thing that was funny though, Funnsaki in a mobile trace suit.

Tomorrows episode looks good. Domon and Schwartz battle it out, and whats this, Rain on Schwartzs' team. All I have to say is, if Schwartz loses, I'm going to be extremely ticked off.

On a side note, did anybody else have problems with the picture at the very begining of the episode?

Achika

What was with the first five or so minutes of the show? I could hear and see almost nothing but static.

Ah. Finally that wench Rain has left Domon. I can't blame her since he rarely ever treats her nice.

Super Asia is seeming less and less super. He hurt his leg from a little fall? Give me a break. And seeing his horse getting into a trace suit was disturbing.

Domon now has yet another attack in his arsenal though he'll probably just stick with thew burning finger.

And now the next episodes title spoils the whole episode. Schwartches last battle? Give me a break!

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Ep. 39: Well every once in a while we need an episode to slow things down a bit before it gets back up with a ton more action. I guess that was what today's was for. It was OK, but considering how emotionally drained I am from last week, it did not strike me as either bad or good. Domon and Master Asia work together once again, if only because Wong's mechanations have drawn both in a little too far. Meanwhile, Domon learns Master Asia's ultimate technique and used it to fireball a bunch of Gundam Heads, if only because he wants Domon to defeat Schwartz in his final fight. (well considering Schwartz taught Domon the ways to fight at Master's level, the Master does not want to be left out) Meanwhile, Rain has resigned after the whole Allenby incident, showing that she still does care about Domon, but he is too cold in some ways to admit it. (that and Wong's people taking Allenby away does not help either) And finally, the character who stole the show today: Fuunsaiki. Who knew that a horse could have so much personality and even his own Trace system!

Batsy

Going to hell in a hand basket
Can someone tell me what happen from the point Argo said Andrew chould never fight again to the point Domon made it to the island? Detailed if you can. My tv messed up right around that time. :mad: Well, it was really only CN that messed up all the other channles came in fine.

Djm912

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went staticky during the first few minutes.

Rain resigned and is aligning with Schwarz? All the action aside, I'm going to be paying attention to the dialogue between tomorrow's episode. Especially between Domon(jerk) and Rain.

Today's episode was very intriguing. While they're supposed to be sworn enemies, Domon and Master Asia still have a unique kind of teacher-student relationship.

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
It was a good episode, but nothing really outstanding. Just two sworn, yet honorable, enemies forced to co-exist. Now if they had added Schwarz and the rest of the Shuffles and had them live in a house together... Hilarity ensues.

raykremer

episode 39

I too lost the first five minutes or so. Problems at the source I guess.

Since the episode was mostly easy-going, the thing that stands out the most is what Master Asia was trying to tell Domon about the ruined island. The Earth no longer needs humans? Well, it was never that way to start with, it's vice-versa actually, but I think this hints at Master's true motivations. (I'm just talking to myself here. All you people who have seen the whole show, keep your mouths shut or I'm going to get accused of starting spoilers again.) There are times when he doesn't seem like such a bad guy so the question of why he took the Dark Devil Gundam's side lingers.

Wong, of course, is the usual nut who wants to take over everything, and as usual I'm starting to think that his own follies will be his downfall. He would be wise to keep Master Asia as an ally...

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Re: episode 39

Originally posted by raykremer
Since the episode was mostly easy-going, the thing that stands out the most is what Master Asia was trying to tell Domon about the ruined island. The Earth no longer needs humans?

The idea of the human race being wiped out to save the planet we're slowly destroying is a common theme, especially in Asia, where the religions teachas much respect for nature as they do for ancestors.

Ever read the CLAMP manga X? (X1999 in America) The entire basis of the war between the Chi no Ryu and the Ten no Ryu is whether the earth should be cleansed of humanity and given the chance to start over, or whether humanity should be allowed to survive and fix things on their own. If the Chi no Ryu win, the earth will be cleansed. If the Ten no Ryu win, humanity survives. But either way, many die, the Dragons themselves will have to be killed by each other one by one until only one survives, deciding the outcome of the war. And yet, the entire time, the human race whose very existance is being fought over is never aware of the torment their destroyers/saviours are suffering and the thousands of humans who are killed in the battles.

Artemis

For Great Justice!!
Originally posted by raykremer
My memory says there's 49 episodes total. Today's was #39 I guess. You can do the math. :)

Aww, it's ending soon? :(

As for today's episode, I think I got the first five minutes. I don't remember because I was nodding off and on during the entire show. Dunno why. Just felt tired I guess. Didn't look like much happened except for Domon yelling at Rain, him and Master Asia trying to get out of the cave an dother stuff.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Arrgh! I can't see the beginning because of the stickin static! CN! What's going on overthere?! First the chopping of the openings in ASA, and now this? Any explanation? Any?

Oh well, we see that Rain broke up with Domon because Domon seems to like Allenby more. YAY?! Anyways, Domon and Master Asia seems to actually coorperate? And Master Asia doesn't seem so bad.....if you're looking at things from the Final's arc view. If you were looking at the Shinjuku arc...you'll get a differen't opinion. Anyways, Master Asia has taught Domon about the most powerful move....the Sekiha Tenkyoken! A move that Domon will be using a lot later on in the series (it was implied in the japanese opening). So, nothing else really happens except for Master Asia's purpose of joining Devil Gundam (get rid of humanity).

ohmrbill

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Re: Re: episode 39

Originally posted by Mackenzie Rainelle
The idea of the human race being wiped out to save the planet we're slowly destroying is a common theme, especially in Asia, where the religions teachas much respect for nature as they do for ancestors.

Ever read the CLAMP manga X? (X1999 in America) The entire basis of the war between the Chi no Ryu and the Ten no Ryu is whether the earth should be cleansed of humanity and given the chance to start over, or whether humanity should be allowed to survive and fix things on their own. If the Chi no Ryu win, the earth will be cleansed. If the Ten no Ryu win, humanity survives. But either way, many die, the Dragons themselves will have to be killed by each other one by one until only one survives, deciding the outcome of the war. And yet, the entire time, the human race whose very existance is being fought over is never aware of the torment their destroyers/saviours are suffering and the thousands of humans who are killed in the battles.

It's also been a common theme in Gundam ever since Zeta. :p Master Asia's views here reminded me a LOT of Char.

Sheamon

Lost in the Undertow
Today's episode wasn't as good as I had hoped it'd be, but still a welcome change after last week's ridiculous policy of wasting entire episodes on each fighter. With only 10 episodes left, there's no way they'll do that again. ...right? I sure hope so :p The stuff with Domon and Master Asia dragged a bit, which was the ep's main flaw, and I was not too happy to see that Andrew Graham lived (can't anyone die on this show!? Not bloodthirsty or anything, but its getting even more like DBZ and this is yet another trait...). They did make up for it though with the Rain stuff and that hilarious Funsaiki in the MTS thing. Looking forward to tomorrow's ep since Schwartz is one of my favorite characters :D

rabidrednek

What happened during the static is Domon pulled Allenby out of her Gundam, then ran over to help argo with Andrew. Domon told Rain to look after Allenby since Rain is a doctor. Just then a medical evac chopper arrived and two orderlys ran over and started carrying Allenby to the helicopter, brusqly shrugging off Rains questions saying only another chooper would be there soon to get Andrew.

At the hospital we find out that Andrew will recover, but will never be able to fight again. Domon and gang finds out Allenby and the scientist who created the original Berserker system are both missing and Domon goes completely ballistic on Rain for not looking after Allenby like he told her to, then goes off looking for Allenby.

This was a pretty good episode overall, and I agree the horse in the mobile trace system was way crazy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts