"G Gundam" - Week Nine - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this week's "G Gundam" episodes!

Votes: 6 46.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 38.5%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
It's the moment you've been waiting for! This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "G Gundam" premiering on Toonami September 30th through October 4th at 5.0 PM (4.0 Central). This thread burns and roars with an awesome power, it commands you to comment in it! While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

Spoilers: If you are posting in regards to an episode that has aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you are posting in regards to an episode that has not aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not yet seen the entire series. Thank you!

Episode Titles

Monday - 'Stand Up Domon! Raging Tag Team Match'
Tuesday - 'Showdown! Bursting Machinegun Punch'
Wednesday - 'Knights' Pride, A! Gundam Rose Stolen'
Thursday - 'Sai Shis New Attack! Blazing Dragon Gundam'
Friday - 'Domon vs. Argo! Charging Bolt Gundam'​

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This is gonna be a good week :D . The rest of the Shuffle Alliance get a chance to shine, showing what they trained for

Beat

Retired
Domon vs. the rest of the Shuffle guys. BORING! When is Asia going to get the Devil Gundam up and running?

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by Beatdigga
Domon vs. the rest of the Shuffle guys. BORING! When is Asia going to get the Devil Gundam up and running?

If you consider/will consider this week's episodes boring, then you're watching the wrong show. G's not just about the Devil Gundam

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
That's the intresting stuff. In Final's eps, I just fast foward to the fights.

Well, these fights are some of the best in the show :)

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Then I'll use the turbo fast foward to see them. :cool:

May I ask, does this mean that you care for none of the character moments in G? If so, that's a shame

Beat

Retired
It's not that. But the four alliance eps are simple. The other guys have get Super Mode. (Think about it like if Krillin went Super Sayian and then wanted revenge on Goku) Then they fight. Then Domon counters their ulitmate move thingy with the God Finger and wins. No real plot development.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's not that. But the four alliance eps are simple. The other guys have get Super Mode. (Think about it like if Krillin went Super Sayian and then wanted revenge on Goku) Then they fight. Then Domon counters their ulitmate move thingy with the God Finger and wins. No real plot development.

Well, we get some plot development- we learn that all of the SA has Hyper Mode and Allenby gets kidnapped by Wong for his DG plans. These eps are more character eps, especially George and Sai's

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Well at least the Shuffle Alliance finally does get their long-desiered rematches with Domon this week. Considering how much each has changed from the moment they met the guy, who knows what the results will be. But we kick things off this week with a Domon and Allenby tag-team match! (yes, Allenby fights again, the world is at peace)

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
::cracking up:: There's something familiar about this episode, ne? ::ahem::

"Kanedaaaaaaaaaa!"
"Tetsuooooooooooo!"

Hoo boy. And it looks like Prome Minister Wong isn't exactly the happy little pawn Master Asia wanted him to be. ^^ And all through that final attack, I was like, "Synchronization drill, whoo!" Looks like the rivalry between Allenby and Rain is getting better, and that thing with Schwartz flinging Rain in the air was hilarious. Good episode. ^_________^

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
Awesome episode. The tag team match was spectacular. Allenby in a mobile trace suit, oh yeah :D :D !! This whole week looks to be really good. Domon has to fight the other shuffle alliance members. I wanna see Schwartz fight. Does he fight anytime soon?

AinaMacil

White Dingo
Hmmm, domon teams up with the ever controversial Allenby Beardsley and her even more controversial Nobel (I'm kinda at the point where i refuse to use the dub names when i can avoid it) Gundam, to fight some of the lamest looking enemy gundams/pilots ever. They *surprise* win the fight. Using a double god finger. I wasn't aware that the Nobel gundam was programmed or outfitted to use the god finger. Unless that was the extra part that Allenby put into the god gundam, but that doesn't make much sense either. And, as usual, she somehow knows his little "shines and roars" speech. Oh well. A decent fight, I guess. Really, what I liked most about the episode was the return of Moeagare Toushi (King Of Hearts) the music that played earlier in the series whenever domon used the shining finger, and during episode 6 when he did his "super mode" type thing. Gotta love that music. This week's episodes look cool, and the other shuffles get a hyper mode. I wonder if it'll just be the lame "golden flash, no change to the gundam's appearence" type thing we've seen lately with god gundam? Ah, whatever. Not a great episode, but not a completely sucky one either. Schwarz did show up. Oh, yeah, this seems to be the "Make it blatently obvious who Schwarz is" episode.

2.5/5.
Tomorrow: Chibodee and the Gundam Maxter get Hyper.

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Originally posted by AinaMacil
Using a double god finger. I wasn't aware that the Nobel gundam was programmed or outfitted to use the god finger. Unless that was the extra part that Allenby put into the god gundam, but that doesn't make much sense either. And, as usual, she somehow knows his little "shines and roars" speech.

:: poit :: Didn't she use it in their first match? Can't remembeeeerrr....@_@

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
Um, why was Allenby so happy to get into her Gundam ? She seemed a lot more excited than any of the other Gundam fighters have been (conversely, Sai Sici seemed to be one of the calmest).

Anywho, today's episode was a really good one, entertaining with a bit of plot advancement. It was high energy from the beginning to the end, although I wonder why none of the other members of the Alliance came to Domon's aid. Guess they need to be the main character to do that. :D

Poor Rain, Allenby is stealing her man, and pretty effortlessly at that. Though it makes sense for someone like Domon to be attracted to another fighter.

I'm interested in seeing how Chibodee does tomorrow, since, so far, he's been the least impressive of the bunch.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by Digu Volz
Um, why was Allenby so happy to get into her Gundam ? She seemed a lot more excited than any of the other Gundam fighters have been (conversely, Sai Sici seemed to be one of the calmest).

See how she grabbed Domon's arm? That's why. Allenby and Domon, sittin' in a tree... :p

Masamune2052

「waiting」
I can't get enough of Allenby and her Noble Gundam. Probably because I've never seen (or at least my memory wont let me remember) seeing a Gundam with female attributes. Too kawaii how she's hanging off Domon's arm and how her Gundam has the long blonde hair and school girl uniform. Of course it leaves you to wonder why Rain hasn't exploded on her for that (other than that scene at the beginning). One thing's for sure, it's gonna be great when she does, haha!

...(Think about it like if Krillin went Super Sayian and then wanted revenge on Goku)...

HAHAHA, that's hilarious. I'd pay money to see that!

All-Star 1.5

Originally posted by Digu Volz

Anywho, today's episode was a really good one, entertaining with a bit of plot advancement. It was high energy from the beginning to the end, although I wonder why none of the other members of the Alliance came to Domon's aid. Guess they need to be the main character to do that. :D

Poor Rain, Allenby is stealing her man, and pretty effortlessly at that. Though it makes sense for someone like Domon to be attracted to another fighter.

I'm interested in seeing how Chibodee does tomorrow, since, so far, he's been the least impressive of the bunch.

I don't think he heas been the least impressive, personally I think it's Sai. Anyway today's ep was good, but not as good as some of the others. I can't wait until tomorrow my favorite G Gundam pilot and Gundam(other than Schratz Bruder and Shadow Gundam) will be facing off against Domon and after playing Gundam Battle Assualt 2 I can't wait to see Chibodee's speacial. And don't expect no pushover match I mean Chibodee also has a Shuffle Crest the Queen of Spades and Domon has the King of Hearts so if they were to play a game of Spades Chibodee would win :D .

I have a question does anyone know if any of the other Shuffle Alliance meembers have fought each over and if so who has one?

I can't wait!!!! :D

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
Chibodee is actually one of my favorite characters, but so far the other fighters have managed to either tie Domon or have a stipulation for how they lost. At the same time, George redeemed himself last week against Chapman, although I enjoyed Chibodee's spotlight, as well. The clown guy did beat George...

Anywho, I /am/ looking forward to seeing Chibodee kick butt tomorrow (of course he won't beat Domon, who can ? :rolleyes: !

Originally posted by J-GL
I have a question does anyone know if any of the other Shuffle Alliance meembers have fought each over and if so who has one?

Yep, Sai Sici and Argo. The fight was a draw.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts