"G Gundam" - Final Week - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the final "G Gundam" episodes!

Votes: 26 89.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
It's the moment you've been waiting for! This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "G Gundam" premiering on Toonami October 14th through October 16th at 5.0 and 5.5 PM (4.0 and 4.5 Central). This thread is burning red, it commands you to comment in it! While this thread covers six episodes, please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

Spoilers: If you are posting in regards to an episode that has aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you are posting in regards to an episode that has not aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not yet seen the entire series. Thank you!

Episode Titles

Monday 5.0 PM- 'Schwarz Rests in Grace! Domon's Tearful Attack'
Monday 5.5 PM - 'Farewell Master! Master Asia's Last Breath'
Tuesday 5.0 PM - 'Rain's Crisis! Return of the Dark Gundam'
Tuesday 5.5 PM - 'Dark Colony Activated! Attack of the Shuffle Alliance'
Wednesday 5.0 PM - 'Earth's S.O.S.! Gundam Federation Rescue'
Wednesday 5.5 PM - 'Burning Gundam's Great Triumph! A Hopeful Future'

Supernovametalstar

This is the last week? NOOO! G Gundam was a fun ride. At least this means I can retape episodes I missed or were messed up before.

Beat

Retired
After this Wensday, Toonami is heading down that long road called crap again. Pack your DBZ! It's going to be a sucky ride.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
WHAT?!

You mean to tell me that THIS is the final week for G Gundam?! And then they go to repeats, while Zoids GF hasn't even finish airing yet and they're gettting taken off the DAMNED AIR?!

I hate this.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
It is presumed that they are doing a full hour of G Gundam this week. It is not certain at this point. All we know that we will either be at the "almost" over point this week and finish it next week on Monday or we get 2 eps. every day and we end Wednsday. Either way, it is still technically the final full week.

BTW: As long as they save Allenby and don't kill her off, I will be happy.

AinaMacil

White Dingo
Well, it's been a good ride, but all good things must come to an end. So toonami, get your dbz-torture-fest over, and bring us more gundam. Until then, let's enjoy this last week of G Gundam awesomeness, with an hour of G Gundam Goodness every day! Gundam Fight All Set! Ready? GO!

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
Anybody know the exact speech Domon says during his Current burning Fingers attack move ? I said what I could from memory on my cell phone...(773-704-3091)

Anyway I'm glad this is the last week finally I won't have to rush home after school at the speed of light or rely on my sister.(I;m free of her taunts of "I won't tape your show if you don't do what I say" All I have to do is wait until they get to the 3 episodes I missed and by then I'll be all good.

Well it's almost time for one of the best hours of my life.. G Gundam..The final week.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by AinaMacil
Well, it's been a good ride, but all good things must come to an end. So toonami, get your dbz-torture-fest over, and bring us more gundam. Until then, let's enjoy this last week of G Gundam awesomeness, with an hour of G Gundam Goodness every day! Gundam Fight All Set! Ready? GO!

Or for the sub fans- Sore de wa Gundam Fight! Ready? GOOOOO!!! :D

Cyber E.

Originally posted by Beatdigga
After this Wensday, Toonami is heading down that long road called crap again.

You are right, I want more of my G Gundam! DAMN YOU CARTOON NETWORK! We would have an extra week if they didn't start to show it on Fridays. >_<

raykremer

episode 44

So... The Ultimate Gundam originally had Captain Planet powers but was turned evil by a computer glitch? ROTFL. Give me a break. Couldn't it have been something like Wong reprogrammed it?

And I take it that Master Asia all along sided with the Dark Devil Gundam so he could use those Captain Planet powers. Except... it's broken. Wouldn't he have to fix the glitch before he could use it to restore the Earth? Then why didn't he do that a long time ago and save Domon all the trouble he's gone through?

Besides, the Earth doesn't seem all that bad off. From what we've actually seen, Earth's ecosystem isn't any worse off than it is now. Except for that guy in the first episode who complained that Earth has become a slum use only for Gundam fights, I haven't seen any widespread damage.

Matsuo

Rabid Asuka Fanboy
Did anyone catch the spoiler on the episode at 5:30? Was it just me or did they forget to put a "digital bikini" on Rain when she was floating above that guy with the mask!!!!??

Now I can proudly say..

I SAW RAIN"S B******!!!!!!! :p

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
Havre you seen the earth ? I thing master was trying tos ay that with each Gundam Fight things would only get much worse.

Man this second episode was kinda heavy. I was actually a little teary. I wish they would have included subtitles when those words came up after the final scene. I give both episodes a 5. Perfect.

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Re: episode 44

Originally posted by raykremer
Besides, the Earth doesn't seem all that bad off. From what we've actually seen, Earth's ecosystem isn't any worse off than it is now. Except for that guy in the first episode who complained that Earth has become a slum use only for Gundam fights, I haven't seen any widespread damage.

I dunno, the Guyana Highlands could be considered shot to hell now. ^^;;;; I wonder if that's some weird metaphor, comsidering that Peoples Temple thing that went on down there....

Anyway, four main characters dead in two episodes (Wong IS dead, right? 8_8), sheez. For a low death count, they sure upped it a bit this week. Poor Kyoji, he didn't even WANNA be possessed by the Dark Gundam. :: pats him on the head::

kaine23

Gurren Brigade member
Who was the guy with the black glasses, Allenbee and those guy sin Master Asia's vision (I missed alot of the series)?

Wow, great eps today!!

AinaMacil

White Dingo
Or for the sub fans- Sore de wa Gundam Fight! Ready? GOOOOO!!!

:D

Now, to business. Today we've got two episodes.

Episode 1: Very cool. Rain and the berserk Allenby have a cat-fight in the mobile trace suits, DG Kyoji explains what's going on to Domon, and we see the REAL schwartz without his mask. Some gray-haired guy with a moustache and beard. (Anyone else find that a little funny?) Domon pulls an Erupting (insert name of Master Asia's special technique here) on Kyoji and DG Kyoji to destroy the Dark Gundam for good.All in all, not bad. I give it a 4.5.

Episode 2: Equally good, if not better. Master Asia and Domon have a decisive duel, with Super Asia even going Super Saiyan. They speak about how the destruction of humans is the destruction of nature. Domon destroys the Master Gundam, and in the last moments of Master Asia's life, he an Domon reconcile and do the "Look! The East Is Burning RED!" speech, as the sun rises. We find out that Master Asia wasn't a bad guy at all, he just wanted to fix the earth. We see deeper into Master Asia's character in this episode than we do in all the others combined. Not to mention an amazing fight.Bravo, G Gundam, Bravo.

Rating: PERFECT SCORE 5/5

raykremer

episode 45

Okay, so it wasn't so much a glitch, the Ultimate Gundam rethought it's "restore the Earth" mission and came to the typical environmentalist wacko conclusion that humans are the problem. Master Asia happens to agree. So Wong is the real dunce, because if he had been successful in using the Devil Gunam to "rule the world", it would have just gone around killing people and he wouldn't have been able to stop it.

Master Asia is finally redeemed, an we learn the the old SA sent him into the Gundam fights to study them. He saw the damage the Gundam fights do to the Earth and went insane. I still don't buy it though. Gundam fights in cities do destroy the cities, yes, but that's hardly damage to the Earth. Extreme environmentalist types love to see cities destroyed. Gundam fights that took place outside of cities may have flattened some small areas of forest and whatnot, but that's not ecological damage either. A medium sized forest fire is more destructive, and nature has been recovering from those since time began.

Besides, isolated Gundam fights are surely less destructive than all out war, which is what the fights were deisgned to avoid. (Even though it's still a stupid system compared to, say, a democratic unified world governemnt.)

Oh well, we said from the start that you have to take the whole plotline with a grain of salt.

The new SA members are indeed still alive as we all expected. Allenby's transformed Gundam looks really stupid, but Rain blew it up so at least we don't have to look at it anmore.

Achika

Todays two episodes were chock full of corn, cheese, and plenty of action!

Rising Gundam must be one heck of a machine in order for Rain to take out full berserker Allenby. Something Domon was having trouble with and he's actually a fighter unlike Rain. :rolleyes:

Kyoji killed Schwartz and then commandeer'd his body? That's really...nice. I guess he isn't all that innocent.

Super Asia wanted to wipeout mankind to save earth lol. Right.... at least he got reformed before he died.

Wong was calling Asia crazy for wanting to wipe out mankind but previously when after Allenby had supposedly lost to Rain, Wong himself ordered the DG to destroy everything? Who's crazy now?

The Dark Gundam finally defeated? I wish, but it looks like it will somehow comeback once more and this time Domons main girlfriend will become evil. :rolleyes:

Only 3 episodes left so let's hope they actually turn out to be good ones unlike these last two.

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Originally posted by Achika

Kyoji killed Schwartz and then commandeer'd his body? That's really...nice. I guess he isn't all that innocent.

Nobody said he killed the guy, just that he took control of the body. Look at him, he's gotta be in his 60-70s, he probably died of overexcersion during a Gundam Fight.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Today's episode was emotional. Very emotional. Too emotional. Man, they really have some extreme stuff around here. First off:

Kyoji and Schwarz Bruder died. All because they wanted to destroy the Devil Gundam. Domon had to kill them to end the curse. Domon first mental breakdown.

Master Asia died. All because he wanted to restore nature and thought that the only way is to wipe out humanity. Domon had to kill him to stop his madness. Domon's next mental breakdown.

Yet both of these episodes have a very symbolic meaning and challenges Domon's mentality. Would you kill your siblings just to destroy something? Would you kill your teacher just because he was trying to do what he thought was correct? Should humanity really be destroyed just for nature heal itself? I need to watch the "X the movie". :D

Then we had Wong dying as well. Good riddence to him. He's turned too crazy lately.

This, my friends, is what a Gundam show is all about. Tragedy, action, death, sorrow, anger, revenge. All of those ingrediants all rolled into one. And it really showed in these episodes.

G Gundam rocks! :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It's not impossible for preschool shows to have videos with millions of views, but 7 million views in less than 2 weeks is surprising.

I have the Craig of the Creek: Capture the Flag promo played on TNT recently while watching Despicable Me 2.
that sad moment when you realize that Nickelodeon could've greenlighted another original cartoon but choose not to then waste it's resources on greenlighting another season of Fairly Oddparents just because they want to keep Butch Hartman.
Mike Milo's LinkedIn profile says he's a director for Harley Quinn season 3. He's worked on shows like Pinky And The Brain, Xiaolin Showdown, Chowder, Phineas And Ferb, Randy Cunningham, Curious George, and Scooby Doo And Guess Who, amongst other credits.

One of Disney's darkest films "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" is 25 years old today!

Featured Posts