Future of Discovery Family?

Mandouga

Yeah, let's not jump to any conclusions here. No one knows what will happen. I personally am going to hope for the best. That said, I'm not exactly a fan of them playing all of those reality shows from 5PM to, I think it's 4AM...

M622

Yeah, let's not jump to any conclusions here. No one knows what will happen. I personally am going to hope for the best. That said, I'm not exactly a fan of them playing all of those reality shows from 5PM to, I think it's 4AM...
mandouga, why do you have the mindside that you have that "anything can happen, do not jump to coculstion's? isint that a bit arrogant. its just opionons, thats all.

Mandouga

If I said that I was absolutely convinced that DISC-F will get better, that would be arrogant. On the one hand things don't look good at this point, but on the other, we shouldn't assume that this network is beyond saving either. That's all I was saying.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
If I said that I was absolutely convinced that DISC-F will get better, that would be arrogant. On the one hand things don't look good at this point, but on the other, we shouldn't assume that this network is beyond saving either. That's all I was saying.
He’s right, you know.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Discovery Family (and Discovery Familia) has acquired the rights to some properties from 41 Entertainment. Included are:

Shows
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Super Monsters
Superhero Summer Camp
Superhero Pets

Specials
Santa Pac's Merry Berry Day
Pac's Scary Halloween

Movies
Kong—King of the Apes: The Adventure Begins
Tarzan and Jane: Genesis
Tarzan and Jane: Tale of Two Jungles

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Discovery Family (and Discovery Familia) has acquired the rights to some properties from 41 Entertainment. Included are:

Shows
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Super Monsters
Superhero Summer Camp
Superhero Pets

Specials
Santa Pac's Merry Berry Day
Pac's Scary Halloween

Movies
Kong—King of the Apes: The Adventure Begins
Tarzan and Jane: Genesis
Tarzan and Jane: Tale of Two Jungles

wait WHAT

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Assuming they don't run on Netflix beforehand, Superhero Summer Camp and Superhero Pets would be the channel's first-run animated series not from Hasbro in how many years? I think they were trading Zak Storm premieres with KidsClick and eventually Netflix.

Takao

US kidsnet Discovery Family Channel has snagged French prodco Millimages animated series Pirata & Capitano. Co-produced by public broadcasters France Télévisions and Italy’s Rai, the 52 x 11-minute preschool series will make its US premiere June 16.

The CGI-animated show revolves around the adventures of Pirata, a ship’s captain, and her best friend Capitano, who flies in a seaplane, as they journey across the ocean in search of treasure. A second season (52 x 11 minutes) is in production and its delivery is set for Q1 2020.

Pirata & Capitano currently airs on France 5 and Tiji (France), Rai Yoyo (Italy), Channel 5′s preschool block Milkshake (UK), SVT (Sweden), among a number of other channels globally.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Yeah, I already knew about this from Discovery Family's June Highlights. The show will be taking Bubu and the Little Owls' spot, making it exclusive to Qubo once again.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
THE FUTURE OF DISCOVERY FAMILY SHOULD BE...

The Hub revitalized with some new and old programming.

Takao

Toronto producer/distributor Boat Rocker Studios has closed six new broadcast deals for animated preschool series The Polos, which it co-produced with New York-based edutainment company MarcoPolo Learning. Boat Rocker sold the series to Discovery Family Channel (USA), where it will premiere in July. The distributor has also secured deals with Nat Geo Kids (pan-LatAm), Viacom 18 (India), CJ E&M (Korea), PCCW (Hong Kong), and Dreamia (Portugal).

The 52 x five-minute CG-animated show revolves around an inventive group of friends who explore the world through STEAM-centric road trips. The Polos is executive produced by Janice Burgess (Backyardigans).

The characters are also featured in MarcoPolo’s World School app, which wonthe Kidscreen Award Best Learning App in February.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I’ve noticed Discovery Family has been getting more animated series (whether from Hasbro or elsewhere) than they have in years past since rebranding from The Hub. With MLP in its last season, I’m wondering if they’re trying to find shows that can keep the channel afloat.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts