"Funko Marvel Battleworld" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Funko Animation Studios, in collaboration with Marvel, will premiere a series of new animated shorts as a tie-in for the new Marvel Battleworld: Mystery of the Thanostones collectible tabletop game.

In the animated shorts, kids will be introduced to a new plot by Thanos to trap Marvel heroes in Battleworld. The content will be available across multiple platforms including Disney XD, Marvel HQ, YouTube, and more.

A teaser was released so far.

(This is already a few days old, and I admit I mainly ignored the topic because I thought it was only about the tabletop game. But seeing as new animated shorts will be available online, I figured a new thread would be appropriate especially considering they have a different style than the previous batch of Marvel & Funko shorts.)

Comments?

Related links
:
Marvel and Funko Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

The Marvel HQ YouTube channel
Original Funko YouTube channel

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
Dropped in Danger! | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 1
In his quest to conquer the Universe, Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to create Battleworld, a planet made up of a patchwork of different world-continents where he has encapsulated all possible threats from across the Multiverse in Thanostones.
High-Tech Hijinks | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 2
The heroes split up to explore this strange planet and Iron Man travels to Ultron City where he encounters Ultron, and his dangerous Drone Swarm!
It's Raining Pigs and Frogs | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 3
Throg, journeys to another part of the Battleworld and ends up in a place called New Quack City. While Thanos monitors the action, Throg must battle a new foe: the nefarious Pork Grind!
These came out.

Giles Panton is Iron Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Dropped in Danger! | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 1
In his quest to conquer the Universe, Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to create Battleworld, a planet made up of a patchwork of different world-continents where he has encapsulated all possible threats from across the Multiverse in Thanostones.
High-Tech Hijinks | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 2
The heroes split up to explore this strange planet and Iron Man travels to Ultron City where he encounters Ultron, and his dangerous Drone Swarm!
It's Raining Pigs and Frogs | Marvel Battleworld | Episode 3
Throg, journeys to another part of the Battleworld and ends up in a place called New Quack City. While Thanos monitors the action, Throg must battle a new foe: the nefarious Pork Grind!
These came out.
This has so far been pretty fun, and the animation is fairly solid as well :anime:.

So...instead of fusing dimensions together, Thanos just creates a new planet and shoves a bunch of heroes and villains on it to facilitate a Secret Wars conflict :eek:.

Baby!Groot having the bad attitude of teen!Groot :ack:.

With Frog Thor and Spider-Ham involved, I was getting some Pet Avengers vibes...until Frog Thor stumbled onto the actual Pet Avengers ;).

Best animated take on Frog Thor, bar none :D.

I'm honestly surprised Iron Man was even considering working with zombie!Red Skull. Not that he was sad to see him go :sweat:.

I wish we could move on from Ultron's MCU look :(.
Giles Panton is Iron Man.

Looks like this was another Marvel short series recorded in Vancouver :).

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Funko Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "Dropped In Danger!"

Spider-Ham's VO sounds similar to his Spider-Verse VO, but I know they have to be different because that was a big budget movie and this is a cheapo webtoon. I like that they tried to make it sound consistent though.

Cute. They actually put some effort into this. ***1/2.

Funko Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "High-Tech Hijinks"

Iron Man saying zombies are passe is him simply saying a true thing.

Am I the only one not crazy about the idea of ANY hero EVER teaming up with the Red Skull for ANY reason? As far as Marvel villains go, he's pretty much the only one who is totally irredeemable. There are plenty of DC villains who are pure monsters. Marvel tends to give villains more nuance, with the notable exception of Red Skull. I'm wondering what the writers are thinking in cutesying up this specific Nazi character.

Didn't love this one. **.

Funko Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "It's Raining Pigs And Frogs"

I've never seen the boar version of Venom before, but if he isn't named Ven-Ham, Marvel is doing it wrong. This stuff is SUPER easy.

I recognized Captain Americat and Croctor Strange from my Spider-Ham comics as a kid, although I forget what Ant-Man's animal version was called. It's kind of nice to be able to see the Spider-Ham supporting cast without a Sony embargo.

Throg is great, but I would have laughed if we could have also gotten Thrr, Dog Of Thunder. Just to confuse the canon a bit.

I want an official Spider-Ham cartoon from Marvel now. And not any of that Ultimate Spider-Man barnyard nonsense. I want the legit parody the 1980's comic was. It is NOT too much to freaking ask. *****.

Reactions: Frontier

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
So I am guessing the final short will be posted online after they all air on TV this weekend, similar to the LEGO stuff and some other specials before I might be forgetting at the moment. I think June 21 is also when the actual game comes out.

A little disappointing this only lasts for 6 episodes, though.

Reactions: Frontier

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "King Of The Jungle"

Honestly? At this point, I'm starting to get a little confused. **1/2.

Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "Out Of Black Order"

That was kind of cool, but I didn't actually understand the deal with the Thor Corps either. ****.

Marvel Battleworld: Mystery Of The Thanostones "Battle For Battleworld"

It managed to make a huge story smaller than it was so it could be resolved in five minutes. Still, because of that, the cliffhanger with Loki especially grated. ***1/2.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
Was the version that aired on XD any different than what's uploaded onto YouTube? Any credits?