Funan

The Latest from GKIDS

GKIDS is the Distributor of the Best Animated Films from Around the World

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

GKIDS, the acclaimed producer and distributor of animation for adult and family audiences, announced it has acquired the US distribution rights for the animated feature Funan, the inspiring and emotionally-searing debut from filmmaker Denis Do, based on his own family story, which won the top prizes at the Annecy Int’l Animated Film Festival and the Animation is Film Festival. GKIDS will release the film theatrically this spring.

Funan follows Chou, a young woman living in the chaos of 1975 Cambodia, amid the arrival of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime. When she and her husband are separated from their 4-year-old son during a forced exile from their home, Chou remains determined to reunite her family – even if it means risking everything.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Nick's 2019 slate is pretty good. Star Trek and Lego City have my attention most. Tho it doesn't mean I believe Robbins is good just yet. We'll have to actually see him in action, I mean Christina Miller turned out to be a thousand times worse than Snyder.
Oof.... Vailskibum94's channel was terminated hours ago today.... just because of a Club Penguin video..... and Disney doesn't even own Club Penguin anymore, because the game is closed..... YouTube is being really unfair with their copyright system..... :(
Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it. Anything can be improved, especially with criticism.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.