"Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Talkback (Spoilers)

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Great news, I knew that FF is coming back to air cartoons, too bad "Sticks" (planed since 2017) isn't here in the future animation line-up.

JTOONSAnimation

Well, I guess we can expect the THOH series to air on "31 Nights of Halloween", which will also probably be on FXX as well.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I made a table on why Fox Family failed.

ReasonsWho Came Up With the ReasonsComments
Connections to Fox News, their infamous politically charged news channelMy classmate EthanCNN and Cartoon Network automatically disproves this theory. Then again, left-wing proves more popular than right-wing in media…
Viewer fatigue- they apparently rarely aired anything but movies and Power RangersJames Stewart’s DisneyWarFox Family’s schedule was fairly varied, actually. They did air movies often(especially around holidays), but it wasn’t all they aired. And Fox Family didn’t even air Power Rangers. At all.
Lack of fantasy violenceFox Kids Details FamilyAttitudeWhile it is still technically a family channel, this is a family/kids channel that popped up in the action age of childrens’ programming. Not having action programming on a kids channel in the 90s-2000s is like putting live-action on an all-cartoon network. Wait a minute…
Not trying to lure viewers away from Fox KidsFox Kids Details FamilyAttitudeBroadcast blocks can’t last forever. Many Fox stations already forwent the block entirely.
Crossovers from Fox KidsCrossover Cartoons Work for Fox TV, CableNot so much as a failure than a step in the right direction- Digimon, in addition to being an action show(albeit edited for family viewing on FFC), is also a Fox Kids show, and one that was very popular at the time. In fact, Digimon was a ratings success for the network. Unfortunately, new episodes still premiered on the broadcast Fox Kids.
Lack of BonanzaErgen Rips Fox Family Since Fox Family is trying to appeal to the youth, I doubt Bonanza would air anywhere outside of late-night. It might be nice to see it, but it doesn’t exactly fit into their plan. However, I do have a plan that can squeeze Bonanza into a halfway decent slot, as well as other classic shows.
Lack of FocusFox Family Channel Remakes Itself Again Fox Family Starts RevampThere are way too many remakes of this single network. Good God. Pick a lane, guys.
Falling RatingsFox Family Channel Remakes Itself AgainWell, no duh.
Mixed Reception to ProgramsFox Family Starts RevampYeah, a lot of their programs were meh to bad.
Disagreements between Saban and FoxBeyond Power RangersHaim Saban vs. Rupert Murdoch. What good could come out of that?
Fox wanting to save up for a DirecTV acquisitionBeyond Power RangersNo, no, not yet, Fox. AOL Time Warner is going to bomb massively. Vertical integration isn’t hip yet. Wait your turn.
Margaret Loesch being forced outBeyond Power RangersWell, Margaret Loesch could have made the network great, but then again, she made the Hub and Odyssey networks great, and they got terrible viewership because they weren’t on a lot of providers. Fox Family was on more, but nothing is ever certain. Still, Margaret took some of the magic with her.
Angela AnacondaRedHeadXilamGuy on dAUnless it’s infamously awful from the get-go, one show cannot kill a network. And Angela Anaconda was not that show.
X-Men Evolution being on Kids’ WB
My Marvel Book at Home, and my own mindSo let me get this straight- X-Men Evolution, a Marvel show from the same franchise that made Fox Kids number one in the ratings AND based on a movie made by Fox, was broadcast on Kids’ WB, who was owned by what was then TimeWarner, who also owns DC Comics, Marvel’s biggest rival? There’s irony and then there’s just betrayal. This is betrayal.
The 700 Club90% of everyoneThis is true. All of it.
Thoughts?

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Freeform will premiere the live-action Jungle Book remake on June 8.

Tacomaster

I made a Fox Family Plan schedule that is very rough and basic to allow for flexibility. I kept the 700 Club because nobody, not even The Walt "Moneybags" Disney Company, could pry Robertson off the network. Oof, man.

WeekdaysSaturdaysSundays
5 AM to 8 AMOlder(1960s-1980s) Kid SeriesOlder Action ShowsOlder Game Show Reruns
8 AM to 11 AMPreschool ShowsContemporary but still Cancelled Action ShowsNewer Game Show Reruns
11 AM to 12 PMThe 700 ClubThe 700 ClubThe 700 Club
12 PM to 3 PMContemporary(late 1980s-present) but still Cancelled Kid SeriesAction MoviesOlder Kid Series
3 PM to 6 PMRepeats and New Episodes of Current SeriesMore Action MoviesContemporary but still Cancelled Kid Series
6 PM to 8 PMFamily Retro Block(Reruns of shows like MTM shows, classic Fox shows, game shows, and classic Family Channel-era shows) on Monday-Thursday, movie on FridayFox Kids Primetime Encore(part 1)Western Reruns
8 PM to 10 PMPrimetime Block(new episodes and shows that are aimed at a family audience in the 8 hour and a teen/young adult audience in the 9 hour, limited to G and PG)Fox Kids Primetime Encore(part 2)Family Retro Block
10 PM to 11 PMReruns of PG-rated show(such as certain episodes of The Simpsons, for example)Reruns of Cancelled Fox Kids showsReruns of PG-rated show
11 PM to 12 AMThe 700 ClubThe 700 ClubThe 700 Club
12 AM to 5 AMReruns of the 10-11 PM shows and Family Retro showsOlder Kids SeriesReruns of the 10-11 PM shows and Family Retro shows
I would also remove the Fox Kids weekday block to appease affiliates, migrate people to Fox Family, get more shows from the international market, and make exclusive deals with studios like CineGroupe, 4Kids, and Marvel. There would be no TV-14 or TV-MA programs.

Mandouga

You forget, Tacomaster, that The 700 Club doesn't air on weekends. It only airs on Mondays-Fridays.

Also, another thing, what do you mean by "affiliates". Last I checked, this is a cable channel we're talking about..or where you talking about the actual Fox network in this case? I'm a little confused.

Tacomaster

You forget, Tacomaster, that The 700 Club doesn't air on weekends. It only airs on Mondays-Fridays.

Also, another thing, what do you mean by "affiliates". Last I checked, this is a cable channel we're talking about..or where you talking about the actual Fox network in this case? I'm a little confused.
I completely forgot. And yes, I was referring to the Fox network,

LinusFan303

Squeak
Looks like the amount of acquired sitcoms has dropped on Freeform since Reba has left the network , It's now airing on UPTV. 7 to Pat Roberson on weekdays now is reruns of "Young and Hungry" and "Baby Daddy" .

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts