"Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Talkback (Spoilers)

lowell

That is ironic indeed. Also, will be strange since they aired Rankin Bass stuff since it was Fox Family that's a long time. Doc McStuffins because Disney it's at 10amet (the one time of year they can preempt Ole Pat) so most of the audience might not mind too much.

They did Descendants 2 on all of their channels on one night. Perhaps more Marvel TV shows will premiere on Freeform and then just released on demand on Hulu and the main service. Once the Fox deal is done, they should make Freeform to be more like FX/FXX/FXM mixed with adultswim. I would like to see Freeform officially going full 24hrs of programming like how all of Viacom and Turner channels are since it's odd to see Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, A&E channels, National Geographic channels have paid programming blocks.

Maybe New Fox will sway The 700 Club and its other religious programming with a lucrative contract over to Fox News or just the broadcast network so Freeform can finally have control over its entire schedule. After all, this was formerly a Fox channel so maybe Rupert Murdoch can help Disney get Pat Robertson to end his clause since he did make them pay an extra $20 billion and losing out on Sky of Europe, all related with Comcast. New Fox could also create a new channel called Fox Religious to air all of these programs and pair that up with Fox News and Business to get more revenue when negotiating with TV providers.

LinusFan303

Squeak
It is definitely strange to see Freeform's schedule without the Rankin Bass specials. They've been airing those specials for ages, so I'm kind of surprised that they weren't able to keep them around. Same to a lesser degree Elf and The Polar Express. They really like airing those movies during December. Without those specials and movies, their schedule seems to be much more limited than usual, which is a shame since I always look forward to the 25 Days of Christmas. There are still some movies I'll watch on their lineup, but it seems like they have less variety in their lineup than usual.

At least AMC will still air the specials and movies. Maybe they'll have better TV edits for the movies than Freeform did. Their edits to The Polar Express were especially bad considering they would cut out key scenes entirely. Hopefully I can watch the specials on AMC's On Demand section.

Freeform's Holiday schedules do always feel limited like they like to air the same movies constantly during the events. I understand why they do that but it's kind of annoying. Will be nice to see AMC with some variety of Christmas stuff this year, and from the post about AMC they will be putting stuff on demand too.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Freeform's Holiday schedules do always feel limited like they like to air the same movies constantly during the events. I understand why they do that but it's kind of annoying. Will be nice to see AMC with some variety of Christmas stuff this year, and from the post about AMC they will be putting stuff on demand too.

They do air the same movies during the month, but it seemed even more so than usual now that they lost some of their most popular ones. Or at least it's more apparent. At least AMC will have some specials On Demand, so that's pretty cool.

JTOONSAnimation

Speaking of 25 Days does anyone know if their still doing the event with ABC, Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Really??? So NBCUniversal purchased the entire Rankin-Bass catalouge from WB?
It's kind of messy some of the rights are under Dreamworks Classics owned by NBC Universal (you may have seen the Classical Media logo at the end of some of the specials, that's previous company) Others are owned by Warner Brothers television. Post 1973 Rankin Bass is owned by Warner , pre 1973 is owned by NBC.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
It's kind of messy some of the rights are under Dreamworks Classics owned by NBC Universal (you may have seen the Classical Media logo at the end of some of the specials, that's previous company) Others are owned by Warner Brothers television. Post 1973 Rankin Bass is owned by Warner , pre 1973 is owned by NBC.
Yeah, that's what I thought...it's so confusing sometimes...

Freeform has since updated the look of it's TV Parental Guidelines bug, this is what it looks like now.
Freeform TV Bug 2018.jpg

kanc

why do I get some interruptions when I watch live stream during any programming? Like local commercial interruption like showing current movies HBO promo? I have cable xfinity

kanc

According to this:

Freeform is making tons of last minute changes starting this Wednesday due to not good ratings

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts