"Freeform" Network Talkback (Formerly ABC Family)

Latest News & Videos

lowell

That is ironic indeed. Also, will be strange since they aired Rankin Bass stuff since it was Fox Family that's a long time. Doc McStuffins because Disney it's at 10amet (the one time of year they can preempt Ole Pat) so most of the audience might not mind too much.
They did Descendants 2 on all of their channels on one night. Perhaps more Marvel TV shows will premiere on Freeform and then just released on demand on Hulu and the main service. Once the Fox deal is done, they should make Freeform to be more like FX/FXX/FXM mixed with adultswim. I would like to see Freeform officially going full 24hrs of programming like how all of Viacom and Turner channels are since it's odd to see Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, A&E channels, National Geographic channels have paid programming blocks.

Maybe New Fox will sway The 700 Club and its other religious programming with a lucrative contract over to Fox News or just the broadcast network so Freeform can finally have control over its entire schedule. After all, this was formerly a Fox channel so maybe Rupert Murdoch can help Disney get Pat Robertson to end his clause since he did make them pay an extra $20 billion and losing out on Sky of Europe, all related with Comcast. New Fox could also create a new channel called Fox Religious to air all of these programs and pair that up with Fox News and Business to get more revenue when negotiating with TV providers.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
It is definitely strange to see Freeform's schedule without the Rankin Bass specials. They've been airing those specials for ages, so I'm kind of surprised that they weren't able to keep them around. Same to a lesser degree Elf and The Polar Express. They really like airing those movies during December. Without those specials and movies, their schedule seems to be much more limited than usual, which is a shame since I always look forward to the 25 Days of Christmas. There are still some movies I'll watch on their lineup, but it seems like they have less variety in their lineup than usual.

At least AMC will still air the specials and movies. Maybe they'll have better TV edits for the movies than Freeform did. Their edits to The Polar Express were especially bad considering they would cut out key scenes entirely. Hopefully I can watch the specials on AMC's On Demand section.
Freeform's Holiday schedules do always feel limited like they like to air the same movies constantly during the events. I understand why they do that but it's kind of annoying. Will be nice to see AMC with some variety of Christmas stuff this year, and from the post about AMC they will be putting stuff on demand too.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
The article also mentioned holiday specials from DreamWorks Animation, specials that Freeform never aired.
And that's included with the Rankin Bass specials which are owned under the Dreamworks Classics branding. Makes sense to combine the rights , I think.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Freeform's Holiday schedules do always feel limited like they like to air the same movies constantly during the events. I understand why they do that but it's kind of annoying. Will be nice to see AMC with some variety of Christmas stuff this year, and from the post about AMC they will be putting stuff on demand too.
They do air the same movies during the month, but it seemed even more so than usual now that they lost some of their most popular ones. Or at least it's more apparent. At least AMC will have some specials On Demand, so that's pretty cool.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Really??? So NBCUniversal purchased the entire Rankin-Bass catalouge from WB?
It's kind of messy some of the rights are under Dreamworks Classics owned by NBC Universal (you may have seen the Classical Media logo at the end of some of the specials, that's previous company) Others are owned by Warner Brothers television. Post 1973 Rankin Bass is owned by Warner , pre 1973 is owned by NBC.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
It's kind of messy some of the rights are under Dreamworks Classics owned by NBC Universal (you may have seen the Classical Media logo at the end of some of the specials, that's previous company) Others are owned by Warner Brothers television. Post 1973 Rankin Bass is owned by Warner , pre 1973 is owned by NBC.
Yeah, that's what I thought...it's so confusing sometimes...

kanc

why do I get some interruptions when I watch live stream during any programming? Like local commercial interruption like showing current movies HBO promo? I have cable xfinity

kanc

According to this:

Freeform is making tons of last minute changes starting this Wednesday due to not good ratings

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

It's weird how Americans say the 'metric' expression "2k", never heard that in Belgium.
When I started Toonzone (now AS), my older posts can be embarrassed.
I know I may sound like an idiot, but does anybody play simulation games such as Paradise Island 2 and Rising Cities? (playing them right now)
4Kids was actually alright, change my mind.
RegularCapital decided to shut down his blog for keeps. I stopped following the blog around 2016/2017 because CN was not worth it anymore. Was also a proud member of its forums when they existed.