"Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Talkback (Spoilers)

Dillon Arias

Looks like Freeform is gonna be dry with Disney movies this year since most of the (2010-2015) Disney and Pixar movies are moving to STARZ.

lowell

Looks like Freeform is gonna be dry with Disney movies this year since most of the (2010-2015) Disney and Pixar movies are moving to STARZ.
I definitely heard Disney’s done with licensing renewal when deals get expired so I’m wondering if their Starz deal is almost done yet so they can port more stuff on to Disney+.

lowell

I wonder why there moving everything to STARZ, is it some kind of deal or something?
Apparently Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the last film of the Starz deal in 2015 and since it’s on the Turner networks, I’m guessing the deal ended already. Disney’s Netflix deals were the ones that came after Starz with Marvel TV being separate and 2016-2018 movies being another deal. Still, curious why Starz still have Disney movies unless they also have TFA along with Turner at the same time.

LinusFan303

Squeak
They used to have a deal with Starz to be the first tv network with Disney movies that was until they chose to go with Netflix. Starz can still air those movies just not 2016-present. Freeform and Disney networks can and have aired post 2010 movies as well. Alot of the live-action ones end up on Turner networks though. (Jungle Book remake, Pete's Dragon remake,etc) and some have aired on Syfy (the BFG for example)

Perla Magica

Digital Love

I wonder why Freeform doesn't want to make an Pretty Little Liars-themed marathon along with the premiere of its' spin-off tomorrow. It's the network's biggest show, so I bet its' spin-off gets an season 2 due to popularity.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Remember when Fox Family aired SpiderMan and Digimon despite not wanting any "fantasy violence" on the network? And Digimon brought Fox Family ratings?

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More

"While the broadcast schedule includes Saban Entertainment fare such as PowerRangers in Space, Fox Family's lineup has no 'fantasy violence' and isgrounded in offerings like The All New Captain Kangaroo, Shining Time Station, TheMagic Adventures of Mumfie, Pee Wee's Playhouse and Little Mouse on thePrairie."

Light Lucario

Staff member
I still miss the days where ABC Family had Jetix and aired different animated series. That was when I watched the channel the most. I still enjoy their holiday events and sometimes I'll watch one of the movies on their lineup, but the channel just became so dull once it focused on their original series and reruns of old sitcoms.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
UPDATE: NickandMore has since deleted the tweet because he's tired of being harassed about it

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I mean I can get being annoyed with hate-watching and parasocial trailer bashing. It’s just undoubtedly peculiar to be involved with an adult cartoon remake of Good Times and be super defensive about it instead of understanding.
Nick KCA press site is now gone

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?

Featured Posts