Fox Kids and Fox Family anime

harry580

I think that would've been the end result once Saban sold his stake. Saban Entertainment would've been fully absorbed into Fox Family Worldwide, with its various operations chopped up and dispersed throughout the division.
oh like renaming saban entertainment to fox family entertainment, and the anime side would become fox anime studios and saban paris would become fox europe animation, fox box would be fox kids and fox family answer to toonami and disney would launch jetix from the ground up as disney answer to toonami and foxbox

Last edited:

TheMisterManGuy

oh like renaming saban entertainment to fox family entertainment, and the anime side would become fox anime studios and saban paris would become fox europe animation, and disney would launch jetix from the ground up
That's essentially what I meant. Saban's various businesses would be restructured and merged into Fox Family's.

harry580

what about the anime side which have krown for digimon if saban sold to fox and also we would gotten more tokyo pig episodes on fox family or fox kids and maybe fox would take over fox kids europe and rename fox family worldwide back to fox kids worldwide but the live action saban films would be folded into 20th century fox

TheMisterManGuy

what about the anime side which have krown for digimon if saban sold to fox and also we would gotten more tokyo pig episodes on fox family or fox kids and maybe fox would take over fox kids europe and rename fox family worldwide back to fox kids worldwide but the live action saban films would be folded into 20th century fox
The anime business would probably be reformed as a new company within Fox Family.

TheMisterManGuy

maybe like fox anime studios could work and fox box would be the toonami style block instead of being opreated by 4kids with a TOM like character in style of a cyber critter like in roblox
I think in this timeline, 4Kids would've found another partner for its shows. I think UPN would've taken 4Kids in for their kids programing, which means 4Kids shows would've aired on Nickelodeon as well since UPN was owned by Viacom at the time.

harry580

I think in this timeline, 4Kids would've found another partner for its shows. I think UPN would've taken 4Kids in for their kids programing, which means 4Kids shows would've aired on Nickelodeon as well since UPN was owned by Viacom at the time.
that what i been thinking about thank you and kids wb would have been replaced by cw4kids in 2006 instead of 2008 after upn and the wb merged

harry580

I could see Sensation Animation being such for that, given that it was a remnant of Saban Entertainment that was responsible for dubbing the second half of Digimon Tamers and the entirety of Digimon Frontiers.
why not fox anime studios, the name i come up with

TheMisterManGuy

I could see Sensation Animation being such for that, given that it was a remnant of Saban Entertainment that was responsible for dubbing the second half of Digimon Tamers and the entirety of Digimon Frontiers.
Yup. I could see Sensation being a sort of "Saban 2.0" for Fox when it comes to anime. Having an in-house anime distribution subsidiary could've given them a massive advantage over Cartoon Network.

harry580

Yup. I could see Sensation being a sort of "Saban 2.0" for Fox when it comes to anime. Having an in-house anime distribution subsidiary could've given them a massive advantage over Cartoon Network.
1603352342137.png

i made a logo of what sensation animation logo would look like if fox made it as a anime divison of fox family, note that news corporation owned fox and fox family at the time so why not have news corp owned sensation animation if they have bought saban

Moe

In January 2002, the FOX Broadcasting Company sold its 4 hour Saturday morning block to 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. Known for adapting popular Anime titles such as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! 4Kids would be responsible for all content development and ad revenue for the block, with Fox itself having little to no involvement. 4Kids used its newly minted "FoxBox" as a vehicle for new Anime properties, several of which became infamous in the anime community for the hacked up editing and censorship 4Kids gave them. But way before 4Kids came into, Fox was already airing anime on its networks.

In the early 2000s, the Fox Kids Network aired several anime shows, most of which were licensed by then-corporate sibling, Saban Entertainment, Inc. Aside from its biggest hit at the time, Digimon: Digital Monsters, Fox Kids aired other shows such as Flint: The Time Detective, DinoZaurs, Escaflowne, Transformers, and Mon Colle Knights. Fox Kids grouped its anime programing into a 2-hour Friday block named "Anime Invasion" in 2000.

It wasn't just Fox Kids either. Fox's ill-fated Fox Family Channel also broadcasted several of the same shows as part of the "Made in Japan" Sunday block, but also added Monster Rancher and the 90s Mega Man series. At the time, Cartoon Network was really the only other channel heavily investing in anime, so Fox Kids and Fox Family were the closest things to alternatives for the 2000s.

As you know, Fox's Family division was purchased by Disney in 2001, leading to the 4Kids deal. If Fox hadn't sold off Fox Family Worldwide, then I think they could've built their anime lineup into a solid Toonami/Adult Swim alternative. I've said this before, but Fox Family had a ton of untapped potential as a network that never actually got utilized.
There is problem - CBN forced Fox to air 700 Club and religious shows few times everyday including morning and evening, also Disney have to follow after takeover of Fox Family in 2001. Disney tried to offer to buyout completely to remove the CBN but Pat Robertson won't take offer. I believe that issue with CBN lead Disney to dump Fox kids branded animated shows into Toon Disney under Jetix banner.

I believe that 700 Club and religious shows are better off to air on local religious channels, not ABC Family nor Freeform. CBN was main reason that I dislike Freeform and I tried to tell Disney to do something, but their hands are tied.

I know that but why he mentions woody woodpecker in a forum about anime

woody woodpecker is not anime
Alright, I think that he may not understand about anime or want to give an example about Fox Kids.

harry580

There is problem - CBN forced Fox to air 700 Club and religious shows few times everyday including morning and evening, also Disney have to follow after takeover of Fox Family in 2001. Disney tried to offer to buyout completely to remove the CBN but Pat Robertson won't take offer. I believe that issue with CBN lead Disney to dump Fox kids branded animated shows into Toon Disney under Jetix banner.

I believe that 700 Club and religious shows are better off to air on local religious channels, not ABC Family nor Freeform. CBN was main reason that I dislike Freeform and I tried to tell Disney to do something, but their hands are tied.
if fox bought saban stake back in 2001, when fox would revamped fox family to its fox's take of ytv and 700 club would be removed, fox should not sell fox family worldwide/saban entertainment to disney in the first place because that paved the way for the disney fox buyout a decade later

every ways back on fox kids/fox family anime,
if fox launched a anime block on fox family I guess it would be called fox box, while 4kids's fox box never existed and instead make a deal with upn for a block instead

TheMisterManGuy

I get that it sucks, but it's not like it was that limiting for the channel. There was still plenty of other timeslots to fill.

Moe

if fox bought saban stake back in 2001, when fox would revamped fox family to its fox's take of ytv and 700 club would be removed, fox should not sell fox family worldwide/saban entertainment to disney in the first place because that paved the way for the disney fox buyout a decade later

every ways back on fox kids/fox family anime,
if fox launched a anime block on fox family I guess it would be called fox box, while 4kids's fox box never existed and instead make a deal with upn for a block instead
It didn't work and CBN technically own Fox and ABC Family and Freeform channel so you have to negotiate with CBN - they are super stubborn and they will say NO on everything. That how CBN frustrated Fox and Disney, also Saban isn't fan of CBN either.

Now, we have Disney+ and streaming services are future, so Disney could move to abandon Freeform or turn into dump ground for worthless infomercials. CBN can keep and pleasure with this change.

harry580

It didn't work and CBN technically own Fox and ABC Family and Freeform channel so you have to negotiate with CBN - they are super stubborn and they will say NO on everything. That how CBN frustrated Fox and Disney, also Saban isn't fan of CBN either.

Now, we have Disney+ and streaming services are future, so Disney could move to abandon Freeform or turn into dump ground for worthless infomercials. CBN can keep and pleasure with this change.
but cbn split the family channel into its own company in 1990 called international family entertainment, but international family Entertainment was bought by fox and saban in 1996/1997, and rebranded the family channel to fox family, so yes, cbn no longer own the channel because they spin off the channel into its own company

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts