Fox developing X-Men TV series

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
And I'm only just realizing...these kids are supposed to be the Strucker/Fenris Twins? Wow :eek:.

Though I'm not expecting the patriarch to start sporting a monocle at some point :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And I'm only just realizing...these kids are supposed to be the Strucker/Fenris Twins? Wow :eek:.

Though I'm not expecting the patriarch to start sporting a monocle at some point :p.
At first I was amused one show was linked to Professor X and this one with Magneto but yeah, the Strucker name is hard to ignore.

EDIT: Heh, blink and miss cameo of Blink.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Very interesting to see that it won't only have X-Men characters, but that the X-Men are a thing in this universe. I wonder if it will be a part of the movie continuity.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
"Sentinel Services," eh? Status of X-Men and the Brotherhood unknown? I'm intrigued. Plastic prisons and Sentinel spiders? Not so much...

So it seems Reed's character description was a smoke screen and he was involved in Sentinel Services. Should be an interesting journey for his character -- a bit too much like Noah on Heroes but we'll see.

Hm, looked like Caitlin was in prison garb in one scene. Acker and Chung were the only actors I recognized.

Lauren generating that force field thing from air bubbles (?) was intriguing. Two children, one with a decent mastery and one out of control -- should be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It was interesting to learn that Papa Strucker is part of a government agency hunting rogue Mutants. That adds even more poignancy to his kids getting outed as Mutants and his going on the run with his family :ack:.

Interesting that the X-Men and Brotherhood are acknowledged, but with doubts as to whether they really exist. Feels like this could tie-in to Logan and what was said to have happened to the X-Men in that movie :eek:.

This also might tie-in to Polaris' major role given she could be a direct link to what remains of the X-Men or Brotherhood, or at least remembers them :D.

Hey, Blink has pink hair :anime:!

Now I'm wondering if Polaris is just dyeing hers black :rolleyes2:?

Those Spider-Sentinels remind me of the prototype Sentinels from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/15: The Gifted takes Gotham's Monday slot.

At the Fox Upfront there's a Mutant Testing Center.

3 images from pilot.

Interesting that the X-Men and Brotherhood are acknowledged, but with doubts as to whether they really exist. Feels like this could tie-in to Logan and what was said to have happened to the X-Men in that movie :eek:.
Definitely seems like it's set between the DoFP new present and Logan. Amusing if Deadpool is referenced at least.

Those Spider-Sentinels remind me of the prototype Sentinels from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon :cool:.
Looking it up -- yeah, they do resemble the Prowlers. Neat.

5/30: New TV spot "A Different World"

6/22: The Gifted starts October 2 at 9 pm slot after Lucifer.

6/28: Starts production July 17 in Atlanta.

6/30: LEGION
SDCC panel is Thursday July 20 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM in Ballroom 20

THE GIFTED
SDCC panel is Friday July 21 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM in Ballroom 20

7/13: New The Gifted character promos released.

Hawley comments on Shadow King and a page from Legion season 2 is teased.

7/17: New poster for The Gifted.

7/19: Viral advertising is gearing up again. Sentinel Services viral site is up. And twitter account posted a mug shot of Blink.

www.sentinelservices.com

7/20: Gifted viral ad continues with #MutantUnite.

Legion live blog. Saïd Taghmaoui will be playing the Shadow King's true personality Amahl Farouk, season 2 is 10 episodes, will explore the other characters' backstories.

7/21: Nix revealed Gifted is just another AU 'stream' established by DoFP. Sigh. Summary of the panel.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, at least it means they don't have to worry about continuity questions anymore :sweat:.

I guess one way of looking at is Fox started getting into the Multiverse and different timelines concepts before most other comic book media did :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
I swear every time I see the Strucker Dad I keep imagining him pulling out a monocle from out of nowhere :p.

It's really cool seeing Thunderbird, Blink, and Polaris' powers in action more :D.

I wonder if Eclipse's girlfriend is someone we should know? Or...Lorna :ack:?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts