Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

ToonamiCN20

Banned
What did you think of these shows?

Foster's Home was my favorite Cartoon Network show when I was little and it still is now. It was actually the first show I watched on Cartoon Network (I think it was in 2005). While there was some bad or weak episodes like the one with Bendy, it didn't stop it from being my favorite show on Cartoon Network. I've seen every episode of the show. I actually like it more than PPG. My favorite character is Bloo. While he's a jerk, he's so entertaining to watch. I also loved the movies that they did. The main reason I watched the network was for Foster's Home. Some of my favorite episodes (including movies) are House of Bloo's, Good Wilt Hunting, Destination Imagination, The Bloo Superdude episodes, the Halloween episode, the Christmas episode, Store Wars, Cuckoo for Coco Cards, Infernal Slumber, the one with Jackie Khones, Mondo Coco, World Wide Wabbit, Frankie My Dear, Let Your Hare Down and Neighbor Pains.

Lord Hater

Retired
I remember the show. I have only seen a few episodes, but it was an unique concept with it being one of few shows to have the execution match (except Bloo's personality). My favorite character is Mac because he is a good-natured kid.

Dr.Pepper

I liked this show a lot but unfortunately I haven't seen many of the later episodes. My favorite episode was Frankie My Dear. When it first came out I thought it seemed childish, so I only half-watched it. It wasn't until Frankie My Dear came out did I really pay attention to it (and in unrelated news it was the same day I had my wisdom teeth removed). Not sure who my favorite character was.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It was a great show. Yes, some episodes were very bad, but the good ones were great enough to keep liking it.
I liked this show a lot but unfortunately I haven't seen many of the later episodes.
Me too. My favourite episode was Bus the Two of Us. I couldn't stop laughing and after a while I ever started crying out of laughter XD
I rewatched this episode a while ago and it wasn't as funny anymore because I already knew what would happen.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
I used to watch that show A LOT when I was a kid. And I am pleased that they made the entire series available to stream on Hulu.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It's one of my favorites, why not? Original concept, tons of characters, even a big RPG that I played without saving. All in all, we have a masterpiece but it did have some flaws, like "Everyone Knows it's Bendy", which I did not like, even when I was 7/8.

Radical

Banned
It was my top favorite awesome Cartoon Network original show of the 2000s which was great/funny/enjoyable with its sweet Flash animation and funny crazy episodes.

Both Mac, Frankie, Eduardo, Wilt, Coco, Jackie Khones, Cheese, Goo, Red, and Berry were awesome funny likable characters.I love Bloo who's a great enjoyable creep/jerkwad protagonist/antagonist for me along with his funny well-deserved bashings, hahahahaha.Both Terrence, Duchess, Berry, Flo Jerkins, Richie Wildabrat & Blake Superior, Bendy, Old Man Rivers/Young Man Rivers, Kip Snip, and Nemesis were my favorite entertaining horrible villains/jerkwads:D.All the background bizarre imaginary friends were amazing/interesting like Fluffer Nutter, Bloppy Pants, Yogi Boo Boo, Billy the Squid, and Sunset Junction for example, sad they didn't had major episodes though besides Schlock Star, rats.The cameos of Mojo Jojo, Dexter, Mandy, Ed/Edd/Eddy, and Pikachu were so awesome.I'm sad that it ended which I'll miss it.

I always disliked Madame Foster, Mr. Herriman, and Goofball:mad:, but both Madame Foster/Mr. Herriman's just desserts throughout the show have been satisfying for me, and both Everyone Knows It's Bendy/Imposter's Home For Um... Make 'Em Up Pals were horrible episodes though.

I love the two movies Good Wilt Hunting and Destination: Imagination which were epic/amazing having Wilt's best character development and both Foul Larry and World were awesome interesting movie villains.

Last edited:

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Guess who cried when Foster's ended? This guy! (To be fair, I was seven.)

I still think "Destination Imagination" is one of, if not the best animated special for a series I've ever seen.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Oh, and I caught the final episode by accident on the day it aired in 2009. I did not know what was the episode because I did not catch the episode's title card yet I believed that it was Goodbye to Bloo as soon as the plot developed. Even I was feeling sad on the inside.

jaylop97

Staff member
I remember watching this show for the majority of 2012 when it came back to Boomerang and recorded it on occasion because it was enjoyable, I liked how it was 22 minutes and the plots were appropriately speeded that 22 minutes would fly by and make me still want to watch an episode again, too bad CN has given this practice up, otherwise I liked all the seasons equally.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Foster's was one of my favorite CN shows as a kid and it still is. I still remember seeing it end in 2009.

sillybee

It was my top favorite awesome Cartoon Network original show of the 2000s with full of its awesome episodes.

SmileyToonatic

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends....wow, what a show! I absolutely LOVED this show as a kid and I still do today. I remember when I first saw the show in second grade, it was "Squeeze the Day" which is probably my favorite episode. I didn't see it when it first premeired in 2004. I first saw the show in summer of 2006, ten years ago from now. Cartoon Network was in the Yes! era (does anyone remember the CN Yes billboards? I do!!! :) And on a side note, I started watching CN in 2006, the same exact time I got a Nintendo GameCube, (nostalgia, it burns!!!) Anyways, Foster's was great, I would even say perfect! Bloo was my favorite, I liked his simple design and funny personality, and I liked the 22 minute episode setup, it left room for the plot to really flesh out. I remember when the show ended in 2009, and I was sad, but they still had Chowder at the time, so I wasn't too crushed.

90'sKid

As a whole I liked it, it was a good little show for what it was. It had a couple of major flaws, one making Bloo more unlikable each season and the other being the pilot setting the show up to be this sort of fantasy-semiaction series when it ended up being a more down-to-earth slice of life show. But as a whole I think that it was enjoyable as a goofy comedy.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I think I enjoyed the movie specials more than the actual show, honestly. Save for some good animation and an original concept - the writing left too much to be desired for me. Especially with Mac's imaginary friend, Bloo, who is the primary reason I can't really stand this show too much, sadly.

90'sKid

I think I enjoyed the movie specials more than the actual show, honestly. Save for some good animation and an original concept - the writing left too much to be desired for me. Especially with Mac's imaginary friend, Bloo, who is the primary reason I can't really stand this show too much, sadly.

Ya for being a Flash animated show the animation wasn't too bad. Especially compared to shows like Total Drama and 6Teen.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Reviving this since CN USA made a post about the show on their instagram. They are promoting the show's first volume on Itunes. Happy they still care about the show, and even mentioned Craig McCracken in the video.

As for my opinion on the show? It was awesome. It had some bad episodes, but every show has them, it's normal. I can see why a lot of people hated Bloo, but I personally thought he was very funny in every episode he was in. I always watched this show with my brother and mother because we all loved it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts