"Forky Asks A Question" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Asks A Question "What Is Money?"

I love that he repeats Hamm's name seven times, and then gets it wrong again in the end. That was a great joke, especially since it wasn't commented on by Hamm and allowed to stand. The best comedy isn't super obvious.

I have to be honest. Forky is not my favorite character but this was a dang good short. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Ask A Question "What Is A Friend?"

I love the origin story what Whaaat? Noooo!'s name. That was so funny.

And he's calling Hamm Martin. He's getting even further away from it.

I didn't much care for Forky in Toy Story 4 but he's been pretty hilarious in these shorts. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Asks A Question "What Is Art?"

They couldn't spring for Timothy Dalton? Doom Patrol says the dude isn't actually picky. **1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Asks A Question "What Is Time?"

This short pretty much gives Rex more pathos and nuance than he had in all four movies. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Asks A Question "What Is Love?"

I love Melephant Brooks, Chairol Burnett, Carl Reineroceros, and Bitey White. Stipulated. But they really should have used Barbie and Ken for this, don't you think?

Hearing Betty White was especially good. I haven't really seen her in anything in a couple of years and I was a bit worried about her.

It's different to meet new toys in Bonnie's room that weren't in the movies. It tracks because we spend a LOT less time in Bonnie's room than we did Andy's, but it still feels a little weird.

Cute. ****.

Forky Asks A Question "What Is A Computer?"

I like that Trixie doesn't forgive him at the end. Forky is a pure nuisance. And his speech is negatively influenced by British soap operas. Of course that also describes the speech of pretty much EVERYONE who watches Britiash soap operas so Forky is not special. **1/2.

Forky Asks A Question "What's A Leader?"

It makes sense Dolly gets this question because it's Bonnie's room. But it's another thing to show that the Toy Story franchise will not be what it should be as long as Woody is gone. ***.

Forky Asks A Question "What Is A Pet?"

That was super gross. Also it seems like Forky is always asking the wrong people his questions. Where is Slinky Dog? *1/2.

Forky Asks A Question "What Is Cheese?"

That was excellent.

Buttercup looks like he's seen better days.

I love that Forky actually shuts up long enough for Buttercup to inform him about a ton of important stuff. And the fact that Forky knows Keynes' economics suggests either his idiot routine is a total put-on, or only idiots subscribe to Keynes's economics. The jury is still out on the answer to THAT question. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Forky Asks A Question "What Is Reading?"

I love the Peas in a Pod! They are so cute and I missed them in Toy Story 4.

This addresses a canon concern in who Forky is actually talking to when he breaks the fourth wall. Nobody being there suggests Forky is crazy, and we as the audience are his delusions. Sounds about right. I will accept that role gladly. ****.

Last edited: