Fish Hooks is ending.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Last month, Mr. Warburton stated on his blog that season 3 was the last season of Fish Hooks.
And then... my favorite underwater world show is dead.
I only knew about this today, and it wasn't on the Toonzone forums.
I just hope that one day, someone buys this and turn the characters into merpeople.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Wasn't there an episode where there's like a dream sequence with all the characters appearing as human?

You see I thought I read a while back the show was ending after season 2. Glad to see it got a third season.

Favorite character is Randy Pincherson.

Cookiefication

¯\(º_o)/¯
Shoot. It was my favorite current Disney Channel cartoon... I'm sad to see it go. Such fun characters and crazy humor.

We'll, I'll keep watching until the end.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A lot of Disney TV shows don't have merch, at least not right away.
Merchandise should be an idea to keep FH on air.
I wonder how will the final episode be like: the end is a dream, similar to Pool Party Panic, but done right: the characters end up as merpeople (for a potential untapped territory in kids shows which don't do it regularly).

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
Merchandise should be an idea to keep FH on air.
I wonder how will the final episode be like: the end is a dream, similar to Pool Party Panic, but done right: the characters end up as merpeople (for a potential untapped territory in kids shows which don't do it regularly).

Are you secretly a merperson?

I didn't really care for Fish Hooks to be quite honest, but it was alright. At least we still have P&F, GF, and WOY

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
AS much as I really hate this show, one less Disney cartoon is not all that good a thing, now is it?

To be honest, Disney TV just needs more quality fare like WOY and GF, IMHO, not a huge quantity of weak fare...

Either way, to those mourning the loss here - you have my condolences...

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Getaouttamylab: Me? A merman? Secretly? No! I just like mermen.
By the way, I just loved this to death. People say that it rips off SpongeBob, when in reality, it is completely different and completely original. At least, that's my perception of it.
But still, it may end in 2014 - four years after it premiered - without any merchandise. Gravity Falls has just released a DVD and has been on the air for sixteen months (at least), while the lack of merchandise for Fish Hooks makes this show a potentially untapped territory, despite occasionally getting good ratings.

Dragnatek

AS much as I really hate this show, one less Disney cartoon is not all that good a thing, now is it?

To be honest, Disney TV just needs more quality fare like WOY and GF, IMHO, not a huge quantity of weak fare...

Either way, to those mourning the loss here - you have my condolences...

Well with Star and the Forces of evil coming next year there will still be four cartoons on Disney Channel with out fishhooks. Really when was the last time Disney Channel had four animated shows airing new episodes at the same time?

I'm surprised Fish Hooks lasted as long as it has. It did not get the positive reaction or hype that the other current cartoons have. It does not have the lasting appeal of P&F (Like or hate the show it has lasting appeal) The show just remained somehow.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It could "jump the shark" if the idea in the first post of this thread would come true: it would develop into a spin-off that I always wished.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts