"Final Space" News & Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It doesn't even remotely remind me of Rick and Morty, which is a good thing.

Awwwww.... But I like Rick & Morty. What's wrong with it? I'd like to hear it from you, as well as why you think this show'll be better than that - only because I want this show to be better, too (even if I do like R&M...).

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I couldn’t care less if it’s like Rick and Morty, ripoff or not, it’s not gonna stop me from trying to watch it since it has that SU feel from the way the trailers portray much of the storyline, so personally I strongly disagree with @Alfafa, since from what he/she said about the series being a ripoff of something that I really don’t mind nor care about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToonsJazzLover

I hate it when people dismiss a show as a ripoff just because they're similar in tone (and the genre/premise) as another show before it even airs.

Look what happened with Welcome to the Wayne and its ratings. Vailskibum94 and his fans are the ones to blame for not giving it a chance.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I hate it when people dismiss a show as a ripoff just because they're similar in tone (and the genre/premise) as another show before it even airs.

Look what happened with Welcome to the Wayne and its ratings. Vailskibum94 and his fans are the ones to blame for not giving it a chance.

True, it’s exactly the reasons why we can’t have nice things because when we see a few who want to nitpick any show for being too similar to another show, all it does that it brings negativity that stops anyone from trying to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Awwwww.... But I like Rick & Morty. What's wrong with it? I'd like to hear it from you, as well as why you think this show'll be better than that - only because I want this show to be better, too (even if I do like R&M...).
I find it depressing* and none of the characters seem to be likable in any way*, they rather function as plot devices. I don't mind other people liking Rick & Morty (at all!), but calling Final Space a "Rick & Morty ripoff" is just so wrong. I feel this show will be different from other adult animation.

*This is true for most adult animation, unfortunately.

Zanneck

I find it depressing* and none of the characters seem to be likable in any way*, they rather function as plot devices. I don't mind other people liking Rick & Morty (at all!), but calling Final Space a "Rick & Morty ripoff" is just so wrong. I feel this show will be different from other adult animation.

*This is true for most adult animation, unfortunately.

Even if I don't fully agree with you, that was some nice criticism (and you're not wrong about the state of adult animation and why it's so easy to frown upon, neither.) - and thank you for answering me.

Zanneck

No wonder that show (awesome as it is, IMHO) doesn't have the fanbase it so rightfully deserves for being an actually above average cartoon for Nick... I don't care for that guy's work, anyway, so he's just one more person I want nothing to do with, honestly.

SaneMan

I liked what I saw, even tho I preferred Tarantula
it gives me strong Futurama vibes (just like Tarantula gave me King of the Hill vibes)

spyke

Watched he first 2 episodes and I liked it. This show is great. It's like a cross between REGULAR SHOW and STAR WARS.

Zanneck

Caught the sneak peek and so far, it's a much better effort than anything in Bravest Warriors S4 has put out; and it's quite above average on its own merits, as well. I definitely recommend giving it a watch when you get a chance.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
These first two episodes were real enjoyable. Gary is dumb as hell, but I love his crazy personality and courage. He sure values friendship and bonds, but I guess being isolated for years with nothing but robots will make you appreciate stuff like that.

I'm liking Avocato, too. It's not every day a guy goes from wanting to kill you to forming a tight bond with you. Wanting to rescue his little boy also nets some sympathy points.

Lord Commander is one fearsome fella. I remember seeing the pilot and he was humorously evil, like an alien version of Ludo from Star vs. the Forces of Evil. The more fearsome LC in the series proper is much better, in my opinion. He's a sadistic little sucka.

On a side note, this is like the fourth time I've seen an animated series where a blond person loses a limb and gains an artificial one. There was Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Finn from Adventure Time, and Yang from RWBY. And now we have Gary. Welcome to the club, bud.

Overall, I get the feeling that this will be a fine cartoon. You picked a good one, TBS.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
These first two episodes were real enjoyable. Gary is dumb as hell, but I love his crazy personality and courage. He sure values friendship and bonds, but I guess being isolated for years with nothing but robots will make you appreciate stuff like that.

I'm liking Avocato, too. It's not every day a guy goes from wanting to kill you to forming a tight bond with you. Wanting to rescue his little boy also nets some sympathy points.

Lord Commander is one fearsome fella. I remember seeing the pilot and he was humorously evil, like an alien version of Ludo from Star vs. the Forces of Evil. The more fearsome LC in the series proper is much better, in my opinion. He's a sadistic little sucka.

On a side note, this is like the fourth time I've seen an animated series where a blond person loses a limb and gains an artificial one. There was Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Finn from Adventure Time, and Yang from RWBY. And now we have Gary. Welcome to the club, bud.

Overall, I get the feeling that this will be a fine cartoon. You picked a good one, TBS.
Also Ladd Russo from Baccano

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts