"Fifteen Weirdest TV Pilots of 2020" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
-The Thirtysomething sequel show seems to be courting the millennial crowd (the new thirtysomethings) but even then it wouldn't really be an easy sell for them as it's based on a show before their time.
-"Untitled Jackson and Goor" may make it onto the lineup with an actual title.
-Blood Relative and that Goonies remake show are my most desired shows this season.
-Ordinary Joe has an oddly similar premise to the musical If/Then, where Idina Menzel's character is given a choice at the beginning about which friend she should go with after her divorce; it follows two timelines - one based on romance/family and one based on career.
-The way you started talking about Maverick reminds me of the Schaffrillas Top 30 Villain Songs video, where, while talking about the Hadestown song "Why We Build the Wall", he said "Looking at that title, I know what you're thinking. And yes, this is an intentional parallel to the song 'Build a Wall' from Shrek the Musical. But I hate Shrek the Musical so I ain't picking this one." (I edited parts of this video, just not that particular scene.)

Last edited:

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
At least without watching Runaways myself, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Disney and/or Marvel TV meddled the hell out of it, and now the showrunners want to try the concept without those execs.

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
At least without watching Runaways myself, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Disney and/or Marvel TV meddled the hell out of it, and now the showrunners want to try the concept without those execs.
O_O

Based on what I've been hearing about some other shows lately, you may be onto something with that theory.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
I hear of at least one of the 15 weird pilots going to series - Young Rock is heading to NBC next midseason. Sadly not the untitled Jackson/Goor show, as I predicted.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
Jul 5, 2010
I hear of at least one of the 15 weird pilots going to series - Young Rock is heading to NBC next midseason. Sadly not the untitled Jackson/Goor show, as I predicted.
Maybe it's to cash in with the success of Young Sheldon, which filled the void after Big Bang Theory ended.