"Fifteen Weirdest TV Pilots Of 2019" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
oh my god I never thought I wanted a Marvelous Maureen show until today. BTW, not interested in Riverdale but that Katy Keene show seems right up my alley. (I wonder if they'll go to the audience for costume ideas just like the comics?)
Council of Dads brings to mind the Simpsons episode where Marge saw movies about poor people and druggies, respectively called "Regularsville" and "Candyland", and thought that there was a trend of titles meaning the opposite of what they are, and went into "Chernobyl Graveyard" with that mindset.
Heart of Life looks interesting, and being "inspired by" a John Mayer song moreso. Netflix has a show upcoming where each episode is based on an individual Dolly Parton song so... possible trend?
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is quite similar to a TV show I'm working on, which I'm marketing through word-of-mouth as Glee if it ran on Adult Swim. The main difference here is that mine's gonna have more sarcasm and "indie" humor than the other show. Also both of the musical dramedies being developed (this and Katy Keene) seem to be based primarily on original songs while mine's mostly gonna be a jukebox musical like Glee.

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
BTW, the actual number of pilots from the list that made it to series was five. You seem to have forgotten about the then-untitled series that was later named "Happy Together".

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
Shows we're getting:

Baker and the Beauty
Bob Hearts Abishola
Zoey's Extroardinary Playlist
Council of Dads
Stumptown (or whatever they call it)
Katy Keene
I hope when my musical show gets picked up, preferably by Netflix or some other streaming provider, it doesn't get dismissed as a Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist ripoff.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on Chevistian C's profile.
Do you have King from the upcoming Disney Channel animated series "The Owl House" as your avatar?
2019 feels like a bad year to talk about SpongeBob in public. If you dare say anything bad about seasons 1-3 you’ll be destroyed. Also, there’s a controversy going on with this character: Nurse Bazooka
I wonder if there are any "zombie channels" within WarnerMedia's portfolio that can be flipped.
Ahh, finally, the weekend is here. And this isn't just any old weekend. This is the weekend that SpongeBob and Patrick go camping. Wouldn't it be great if they got lost in the woods and never came back?