"Fifteen Weirdest TV Pilots Of 2018" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Sometimes, the material writes itself.
http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/15weirdpilots-2018.html

As you might guess, I'd like to make this another of those annual things, but the site HAS done it in the past. First in 2004 (it was since deleted for its datedness), and then two years ago in an issue of BANG (and I decided not to keep doing them there because of how sparsely the mag comes out -- the material has to remain somewhat timely).

So what are YOU looking forward to? That "Cool Kids" sure sounds hip.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I kinda want to see "Cool Kids", if only for Vicki Lawrence (this may be her first regular TV show in years).
Lawrence actually had a recurring role in NBC's "Great News" which just wrapped its run (it could still return for another season, but the odds aren't in its favor).

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
If it's not gonna be Jason Alexander, then probably a modern musical theatre person (most likely Idina Menzel or any one of the Schuyler sisters from Hamilton) will sing the new Greatest American Hero theme.
Also being a feminist doesn't necessarily mean hating men... it's mostly just eliminating the patriarchy.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
ABC has turned down Hannah Simone's Greatest American Hero. Kinda disappointed, but I never actually saw the pilot. Networks used to dump all their unsold pilots in the summer; I wish they still did it. Somebody leak this!

twilicorn

According to the CBS Upfront, God Friended Me is a go. "Untitled Austen Earl and Tim McAuliffe" also made it under the new title, Happy Together. The Murphy Brown reboot, also mentioned in your article, is also being tipped for success. Unfortunately Cool Kids is being put on Fridays (something called "Rel" is put on Sunday instead).

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
I kept reading and rereading the cast list for The End of the World as We Know It and I couldn't find Rich Evans's name. Must be some kinda goof...

twilicorn

Finally, the Charmed reboot is on the way according to the CW's upfront. So that's five of the 15 shows listed that have gone to series this season. How will all these shows do? Only way to find out is to sit back and watch.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts