FCC Set to Propose Easing of Children’s Television Rules

Latest News & Videos

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
That is absolutely ridiculous. This is why the E/I rules were tightened in the first place. Maybe if the very light original guidelines had been followed at all we'd still have Saturday mornings.
It's still used as an E/I show , METV counts it as an E/I program this is from a recent record to the FCC that was given by WWME-CD and other METV stations.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
That's outrageous to me.
It's like how Disney Channel sitcoms when they aired on abc were counted as E/I as well, Hannah Montana was once considered an E/I program. Most of these shows were stretched as "pro-social" educational value shows versus what a lot of PBS kids shows.

I wonder if the E/I programming had played a part in the rise of TNBC line-up with Saved by the Bell and other similar shows then NBC showed like California Dreams, Hang Time and City Guys?
The timing fits, but not completly sure, but I do know they were considered E/I programs.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's like how Disney Channel sitcoms when they aired on abc were counted as E/I as well, Hannah Montana was once considered an E/I program. Most of these shows were stretched as "pro-social" educational value shows versus what a lot of PBS kids shows.
By that logic you could call the toy commercials that were ThunderCats and He-Man educational for the tacked on morals they'd put at the end of every episode. That specific rating is ripe for abuse. I'm starting to get why Congress made the bad choice they did.

By that logic you could call the toy commercials that were ThunderCats and He-Man educational for the tacked on morals they'd put at the end of every episode. That specific rating is ripe for abuse. I'm starting to get why Congress made the bad choice they did.
I'll give you two words.
Parent's groups.

I have a firm belief that parent's groups seem to comprise of mostly bible-thumpers and those wanting to force morals onto everyone. Knowing how it's those forcing morals that ruin everything, as I'm seeing in videogames, I have to wonder if these morals are being forced to hide something?

RandomMe

Bloo
I'll give you two words.
Parent's groups.

I have a firm belief that parent's groups seem to comprise of mostly bible-thumpers and those wanting to force morals onto everyone. Knowing how it's those forcing morals that ruin everything, as I'm seeing in videogames, I have to wonder if these morals are being forced to hide something?
We also have similar kinds of moral gurdians but they're all secular here.

stephane dumas

It's still used as an E/I show , METV counts it as an E/I program this is from a recent record to the FCC that was given by WWME-CD and other METV stations. View attachment 228001
"...antic-filled nights at their favorite hangout, The Max". Switch the Max for Pop Tate's Chok'lit Shoppe and Bayside for Riverdale and it got close to the concept of the world of Archie. I wondered if they also got their inspiration from Degrassi as well?

Today some stuffs showed in Saved by the Bell in the past that won't be made today.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
At least it's not as bad as the FCC trying to figure out why Rugrats and Magical DoReMi were educational...
View attachment 232721View attachment 232711
They were laying it on thick there and trying to stretch at the same time like friendship= educational .

Off topic, but where did you get this from? I love reading ridiculous stuff like this.
I found the filings here : http://licensing.fcc.gov/KidVidNew/public/report/10/query.faces just type in network stations' call letters and pick a filing period. When I went to look for Hannah Montana's E/I thing i typed in KRDO then selected 2007 Q1 for example.

NeoplanDan

Avid Transit Advocate
I'll give you two words.
Parent's groups.

As far as we concerned, Morality is pretty much dead in the water plus kids is gonna do whatever they want and not let their freedom to be taken away despite of them having no rights and often vulnerable to a lot of dangers in the world including moral guardians that falls on that category since they just as bad as the rest.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
They were laying it on thick there and trying to stretch at the same time like friendship= educational .

I found the filings here : http://licensing.fcc.gov/KidVidNew/public/report/10/query.faces just type in network stations' call letters and pick a filing period. When I went to look for Hannah Montana's E/I thing i typed in KRDO then selected 2007 Q1 for example.
The networks pulling crap like that is why the FCC went so crazy. We'd probably still have Saturday morning cartoons if networks simply aired the couple of hour's worth of educational material they were supposed to, instead of passing off crap as that. I don't like the rule, but I also understand why it happened.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
The networks pulling crap like that is why the FCC went so crazy. We'd probably still have Saturday morning cartoons if networks simply aired the couple of hour's worth of educational material they were supposed to, instead of passing off crap as that. I don't like the rule, but I also understand why it happened.
Was probably because of the 1980's and many cartoons being toy commercials : the show. Shows trying to these messages at the end and saying see here "educational" didn't help either.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Was probably because of the 1980's and many cartoons being toy commercials : the show. Shows trying to these messages at the end and saying see here "educational" didn't help either.
The first rule was definitely in response to that. The second rule (made in the 1990's) was made because networks ignored the first.