Favorite Commercial Jingles?

They can be funny, weird, or just plain motivational, but we all have one. Have fun traveling down memory lane and possibly discovering some new favorites, but don't forget to explain your choices. It's more interesting to read.

I guess i'll start off my picks:

Always Coca Cola Urban Mix -Joey Diggs (1993)- Composed for the Always Coca cola ad campaign that ran from 1993 - 2000. This is the definition of earworm music. It's been several years and it's still stuck in my head. I dare you to google that song and not flash back to the 90's.

It's A Big Ad from Carlton Drought- Cal Orff (2005)- Popular song + Brutally honest lyrics = Brilliant. Nuff said.

Diamonds And Guns from Garnier - The Transplants (2002) - Granted I was already aware of this song before the commercial, it definitely did not make the ad less effective. Can somebody explain to me why this song barely charted in the US? Woo-hoo!

Stranded from Beck's Beer - Mohair (2005) Irresistible 2000's Britpop. Again, how in gods name did they fall under the radar?

New Soul from Mac -Yael Naim (2008)- Who could forget this one. The single that actually became a hit, making her the first Israeli solo artist to ever have a top ten hit in the US.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
“Kmart is Your Savings Store”
“Have you played Atari today?”
“Me & my RC”
“Mariooooo! Where are you!?”
“I’d like to buy the world a Coke”
“Gimme a break” (KitKat)
And a Big Red gum jingle including the lyrics “Longer with Big Red.”

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
I like to watch numerous vintage commercials online, whether or not I'm familiar with them (i.e. including lots of old, old commercials). One that I found rather catchy is this one from the now defunct supermarket chain A&P: "Come on in, we'll watch our 'p's and 'q's!"

For something I actually remember as a kid: Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Mr. Bucket. Goofy and dumb, but what can I say? It's also memorable:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts