• Marvin the Martian

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Wile E. Coyote

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Mavericker

Who's your favorite Bugs Bunny opponent?

Daffy Duck, his arch-rival who was jealous of his success and popularity and always tried to outdo him?

Hotheads like Yosemite Sam?

Dimwits like Elmer Fudd?

Intellectuals like Marvin the Martian and Wile E. Coyote?

Or others?

Feel free to discuss.

Mavericker

The way they would always get banged up by bugs would make me have a good laugh.

Also Forgot to add, Didn't wile e. coyote just meet bugs in that back in action movie?

No-they worked together in Space Jam.

But there were theatrical shorts in which Wile E. Coyote tried to eat Bugs and tried whatever he could to eat him.

Here's a link to info on Operation: Rabbit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Rabbit

Last edited by a moderator:

Mavericker

I would go with Daffy-he has a big ego and can't stand it when Bugs gets most of the spotlight.

Do people like it when Bugs and Daffy are fighting each other or working together?

DarkKnight

I thought Daffy was funniest when he was teamed w/ Porky. My favorite Bugs antagonist is definitely Yosemite Sam. --he's hilarious.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I would go with Daffy-he has a big ego and can't stand it when Bugs gets most of the spotlight.

Friz Freleng said that he never considered Daffy to be an enemy to Bugs, but more of an aggressive pal. I tend to agree with that; Daffy's not a villain, IMO.

Mavericker

Friz Freleng said that he never considered Daffy to be an enemy to Bugs, but more of an aggressive pal. I tend to agree with that; Daffy's not a villain, IMO.

There was one cartoon in which Daffy conspired with Sam and Elmer to do Bugs in-it backfired.

Sometimes Daffy is a pal-sometimes he's a rival. It depends on the scenario.

Daffy is Bug's polar opposite-would you agree?

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Mavericker said:
Daffy is Bug's polar opposite-would you agree?

I'd say they're more like opposite sides of the same coin. Both characters are brilliant and childlike. Both started out as loons but calmed down considerably over the years. Both are con men and talkers, but Daffy tends to talk a little too much, plus he suffers from a vast overestimation of his own abilities and greatness. Bugs, on the other hand, is a smidge smarter, quicker on his feet and is able to look at situations objectively instead of rushing in.

So in a way-yes, I would agree. :)

Now, I would probably say that Yosemite Sam was a good foe for Bugs. Freleng created Sam because he wanted someone who could actually work against the rabbit; in his mind, Elmer Fudd wasn't the guy for the job. He viewed Fudd as "a pitiful character with a brain of a chicken", and was so outmatched by Bugs' intellect that you wondered why you didn't hate Bugs for doing what he did to him. Sam, by contrast, was blustery, violent and possessed by powerful emotions, so he actually threaten Bugs--to a point. Bugs has a field day with people who don't think ahead and let their emotions overrule their intellect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zen Man

They were all pretty good foes for Bugs IMO.

But does anyone remember Pete Puma?He only appeared in one Bugs cartoon but the guy was a riot!

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
But does anyone remember Pete Puma?He only appeared in one Bugs cartoon but the guy was a riot!

Pete appeared in Rabbit's Kin (1952) directed by Robert McKimson.

I'd be surprised if there were any Bugs afficionados who didn't remember Pete. ;)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Muggsy was pretty hilarious. The big red monster with the tennis shoes was always pretty cool to me. When I was a kid and my parents would get me the public domain tapes, I would watch that short where the plane gremlin just drove Bugs completely nuts a million times.

Overall I'd say that Elmer Fudd was the best foil. He was just such a sucker and whenever I'd start feeling sorry for him I'd remember that he pretty much deserved it.

Jimmy Kudo

was sent to Hell.
Maybe I'm being biased, but I say Wile E. Coyote is my fave. ;) Lol, I remember the first time I saw Bugs and Coyote in the same ep; I was thrilled. And I was also like, "Whoa...he can talk?? :eek: " Yeah, I was a stupid brat. :yawn:

My second favorite is probably Yosemite Sam.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts