Fancy Nancy Talkback Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Nobody has ever heard of Geno Henderson btw
Nobody had heard of Dee Bradley Baker before Legends of the Hidden Temple, but he got cast for it anyway. I honestly don’t see why it’s that big a deal if the show uses big names or not. Sure, that would give it some star power, but it doesn’t have to do that.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It seems fine to me. It just takes getting used to. The show is now animated by Snowball Studios, who also works on Muppet Babies and also worked on Star Darlings. This seems like a combination of the two styles .

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I can't answer that. That's a network decision, albeit not a smart one.

The new episode that was supposed to air today was pre-empted with a Gigantosaurus rerun (Which isn't produced in-house). Disney Junior rarely pulls new episodes from the schedule, unlike Nick. So what are some possible reasons they did this??? Despite FN being produced in-house, why has it been screwed by the network???

I've noticed that on both Nick and Disney Junior, It's the girl-oriented shows that get screwed over. On NJ, Nella, Sunny Day, Butterbean, and Abby Hatcher have had their premieres moved to the Nick Jr. Channel.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I found the title for the next episode.

Screenshot_20191214-062948.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
How come FN went on an unannounced hiatus after the Season 2 premiere
???
I have no idea. Maybe they're trying to think of new timeslot for it.

On a related note, the Christmas special will be shown next week (or was it today) at 1:30 pm, and then Christmas Day at 6am.

On another note, happy 14th birthday Mia Sinclair Jenness .

Has anyone noticed that Disney Junior has scrapped Fancy Nancy to the bottom of their barrell??? When it premiered nearly two summers ago, it was promoted heavily, and I mean heavily. Getting an entire merchandise line and being added as a costumed character at the Disney Parks really shows Disney adored it it at first. It had I believe three airings a day at a first, but as summer approached, we got less and less of it. At first the show's reruns were demoted to overnight slots, then vanished from the schedule entirely in October. There was also a three-month gap between the first and second episodes at the second season, and it appears there's going to be a two-episode-a-month strategy. While Episode premieres that aired on Fridays usually debut on the 24/7 channel on saturdays, FN episodes debut on Sundays. I hope Disney starts promoting Fancy Nancy more, or else they're going to be losing a lot of viewers.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

So , apparently, the recent episode , "Nancy And The Mermaid Ballet", is based on one of the books. That's pretty cool.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts