Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Although I am interested in the latest season, it would be nice if they toned down Crocker's appearances in the show. Its like he's considered to be a regular character (which was one of my problems with the last season). Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring back some of the secondary characters like Chester, AJ, Trixie, Francis, VERONICA, you guys remember Veronica right? Oh, and yeah, the latest advertising for this season is kinda leaving a sour taste in my mouth too. For me, it just doesn't feel right for memes to be used outside of the Internet.

Well, we saw Chester and AJ...whether or not they speak more than one line is questionable. Francis I think his VA quit the show because last few times he appeared he was voiced by Hartman. Trixie I can see coming back, but they've had nothing to do with Veronica for years and I think they've forgotten she exists entirely.

Anyways, some synopsis have been released for the other two episodes airing this month. One is a Catman episode (last season, he wasn't even voiced by Adam West anymore), the other is a Dad episode. This is going to be season 9B.

NewtChallenger

Approaches
Whittle Me This: When Catman thinks Timmy has been kidnapped, he mistakes Chloe for Catgirl and enlists her help to save Timmy.

Mayor May Not: When Timmy wishes that his father could be Mayor, he ends up getting tortured by the paparazzi and risks having his fairies discovered.

Richard A.

Well, we saw Chester and AJ...whether or not they speak more than one line is questionable. Francis I think his VA quit the show because last few times he appeared he was voiced by Hartman. Trixie I can see coming back, but they've had nothing to do with Veronica for years and I think they've forgotten she exists entirely.

Anyways, some synopsis have been released for the other two episodes airing this month. One is a Catman episode (last season, he wasn't even voiced by Adam West anymore), the other is a Dad episode. This is going to be season 9B.
I think I saw her once in a (season seven?) episode, Stupid Cupid, but I think that was more of a cameo. It really is a shame how much the secondary characters were downgraded. Maybe that'll change a little this season, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
I think I saw her once in a (season seven?) episode, Stupid Cupid, but I think that was more of a cameo. It really is a shame how much the secondary characters were downgraded. Maybe that'll change a little this season, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Ah yes, season 7, she had a few silent cameos, back when they were trying to maintain the illusion of a diverse cast.

Another promo:

It's more of a behind the scenes thing. I think I saw Kevin Sullivan in the audience... I think its time to officially declare this season DOA.

Rouge

Charming Grandmaster
With the way they presented her in the commercials and with how they've advertized this season, how could Chloe possibly save they show and gaurentee it a renewal. She's smart, talented, comes from a wealthy family, and doesn't seem like the person who needs fairy godparents. Just Why?

Guess we'll just have to see when the new episodes air. Maybe she has a similar problem as Remy's, but hides her dissatisfaction better?

CartoonFan89

Ah yes, season 7, she had a few silent cameos, back when they were trying to maintain the illusion of a diverse cast.

Another promo:

It's more of a behind the scenes thing. I think I saw Kevin Sullivan in the audience... I think its time to officially declare this season DOA.

I don't know but it seems like he's been on The Loud House for some time...

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?
I found two scenes of the new episodes here:

Apparently Foop is returning:

Last edited:

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
FOP is on course to be the first show to jump the shark three times. They did it with Poof, They did it with Sparky, and now they are going to do it with Chloe.

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I really want to like Chloe; I truly do. But the fact she's coming off as very little more than a Little Miss Perfect (to the point where she'd make Dinkleberg feel horrible) is really going past what I'd be willing to buy even in a show like this. I almost want to believe she's making most of this stuff up. Actually, that'd be a fairly interesting idea, but a large part of me doubts they'd do something like that. Who really knows.

She's definitely much better than Sparky though - I'll give her that much. At least she isn't adding on to the dumb-dumb counter and her voice is actually pleasant to listen to.

I do appreciate that they redid the theme song. It's not great by any stretch, and the editing is kind of lazy, but at least they're trying to break the mold a bit.

I'll probably watch at least the season premiere just to see how everything turns out.

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
I really want to like Chloe; I truly do. But the fact she's coming off as very little more than a Little Miss Perfect (to the point where she'd make Dinkleberg feel horrible) is really going past what I'd be willing to buy even in a show like this. I almost want to believe she's making most of this stuff up. Actually, that'd be a fairly interesting idea, but a large part of me doubts they'd do something like that. Who really knows.

She's definitely much better than Sparky though - I'll give her that much. At least she isn't adding on to the dumb-dumb counter and her voice is actually pleasant to listen to.

I do appreciate that they redid the theme song. It's not great by any stretch, and the editing is kind of lazy, but at least they're trying to break the mold a bit.

I'll probably watch at least the season premiere just to see how everything turns out.

That's pretty much what I was about to say, myself. I'd probably be more of a Chloe fan if Chloe didn't have "Mary Sue" written all over her.

Also, I can't help but notice how Foop seems to be appearing more often than Poof. It's almost as if they forgot why Foop even exists in the first place.

kanc

So they redid the theme, so far nothing really catches on. They could have done the theme a little better, but that sequence clips with this, that is not good.

And with Foop returning, where is Poof in season 10? Poof was included in the theme.

ToonJay723

Staff member
It looks more like a Nickelodeon bumper rather than an intro that would be placed at the beginning of the show.

probably that theme song will air during the episode like a gag and not replace the real theme song.
Either way, this is going to be confusing. How can they use the original theme song if Chloe is now in the picture? Guess more emphasis on Cosmo and Wanda as the "Oddparents", perhaps.

Rhaynebow

Yeah, I really wanna say that that won't be the official new theme song. It's edited poorly and sounds more like an exposition song for a trailer.

Now, a part of me wants to believe that Chloe is like Lyla from Hey Arnold, being perfect as a facade for a truly miserable life. I mean, the point of getting fairies is to make your miserable life less miserable. But another part of me believes that Chloe is being presented as the Anti-Timmy. She gets fairies not because SHE'S miserable but because OTHER people are miserable and she wants to help them. She's using the fairy magic selflessly unlike Timmy who is selfish. This might be setting Timmy up to pass the torch.

Really, I'm more curious about Poof and Sparky. I will be VERY disappointed if those two are just inexplicably gone. I know the real reason for their absence might be to cut down on animation time, but at least a 'good thing Poof is in school' would be nice. But knowing this show, Sparky'll just show up to say a one liner, Poof will say his pokespeak despite being able to talk, and then both with vanish.

I DO wish Chloe had a different voice. She sounds a little too much like Tara Strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
That's pretty much what I was about to say, myself. I'd probably be more of a Chloe fan if Chloe didn't have "Mary Sue" written all over her.

Also, I can't help but notice how Foop seems to be appearing more often than Poof. It's almost as if they forgot why Foop even exists in the first place.
I don't know why Foop exists either. Hartman knew the Anti-Fairies were popular, he had a section for them devoted on his forums, but he must have overlooked that it was mostly Anti-Cosmo that was popular. Foop just feels like an awkward ripoff of Stewie most of the time, his role is usually the straight man in an episode. Just another source of tired Star Wars and potty jokes.

But I'm almost amazed by how badly they are handling Chloe. She looks like a total mary sue and the least deserving kid for fairies ever, so the "real reason" she's getting them better be good. But it won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts