Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
If "Fancy Schmancy" is the last FOP episode to be produced (and the unofficial series finale), then at least the show will end on a good note (production-wise).

Not really... the series ends on a Dad episode with the penultimate joke being Crocker getting hurt and screaming for his mother... who didn't see that coming? Also, ripping on Weird Al when this show has no room to talk about "jumping the shark"! What an embarrassment! I think I predicted this was more or less how the series would end a few years ago, a pointless episode with a skeleton crew sized cast. Who cares if Timmy and Chloe are best friends? What happened to all of Timmy's real friends throughout the years?

I also watched Certifiable Super Sitter, just so much wrong with that episode, Vicky is a caricature of herself. Poof's random movie/celebrity quotes were just cringe. Seems like they pooled all the forgotten characters together for one big appearance and even then they still couldn't resist having Timmy's Dad and Crocker intrude on the episode.

This show died a slow, unimaginably agonizing death, cold and alone on Nicktoons. Sad.

ShadowBeast

Not really... the series ends on a Dad episode with the penultimate joke being Crocker getting hurt and screaming for his mother... who didn't see that coming?
It's more of a "parents" episode since it involved both Timmy's and Chloe's parents. And how did Crocker get hurt? Did he fall out of bed? Him screaming for his mother made me think that his mother has pulled the "nail his bed to the ceiling" prank before Timmy did.

Also, ripping on Weird Al when this show has no room to talk about "jumping the shark"! What an embarrassment!
I don't think they were ripping off Weird Al or saying that he jumped the shark. The Weird Owl was just a parody which this show and other shows have done before. And the character wasn't shown in a negative way, just Cosmo complaining about him.
Who cares if Timmy and Chloe are best friends? What happened to all of Timmy's real friends throughout the years?
Even though Hartman should've brought back Timmy's other friends this season, Timmy and Chloe becoming friends is a sign of character development, something the show has been lacking for quite a while.

I also watched Certifiable Super Sitter, just so much wrong with that episode, Vicky is a caricature of herself. Poof's random movie/celebrity quotes were just cringe.
I agree this episode was very bad.

Seems like they pooled all the forgotten characters together for one big appearance and even then they still couldn't resist having Timmy's Dad and Crocker intrude on the episode.
And let's not forget Foop being shoved into the episode as well.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Next month, FOP will either move to a different time or night or go on another hiatus. New Harvey Beaks episodes are airing in it's current timeslot starting March 1.

ShadowBeast

Next month, FOP will either move to a different time or night or go on another hiatus. New Harvey Beaks episodes are airing in it's current timeslot starting March 1.
The current time-slot for new FOP episodes isn't exactly good anyway,. So hopefully if it's moving, the new time will be better. But my money is on another hiatus happening.

ShadowBeast

Dadlantis: Another major appearance of Timmy Dad was not doing this episode or the show itself good. It's a shame they didn't reference the previous time Timmy had been turned into a girl. Timmy and Chloe's parts were good, though I don't see how covering pollution pipes with rocks would be eco-friendly.

Knitwits: Again Timmy's Dad is at the plot-point of the episode, but luckily it was split up between Timmy,Timmy's Mom,Chloe,Cosmo,aaaaannnndddd I forgot what Wanda was doing. They should really put the episodes on On-Demand. Nick.com isn't even putting them up.
Edit: got to see the episodes again and Wanda was doing her part in renewing her and Cosmo's wedding vows with Juandissimo providing the renewal services and constantly going after Wanda at a new level of desperation.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

is FOP even on nick's website?
Avatar and Korra are still on there.

"For the sake of not double posting"^

Chloe Rules!:
Kind of meh when Timmy's Dad showed up. I really would like to know why Hartman insist of shoving him and Crocker in every episode he could. But Crocker really fits in this one since it's a school setting. Chloe going nuts with the rules is believable with her since she's crazy about such things.

Tardy Sauce: Wasn't expecting to have two new episodes to watch tonight. And this one was much better despite Timmy's Dad being in it and Cosmo being in plain site. It was surprising that Crocker actually defended Timmy and that Timmy was only trying to keep her distracted so the rest of the class can finish setting up a party for her. And Crocker shouldn't be running to the hills since there are trolls usually there.

Since both these episodes complete two sets, Nick.com should be putting these up, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

kanc

Since both these episodes complete two sets, Nick.com should be putting these up, but I doubt it.

Certifiable Super Sitter that aired on nicktoons was a 30 minute special aired last month, and still not on Nick.com

Maybe in my opinion after nicktoons completes fop season 10 it might be added to nick.com much later

ShadowBeast

Certifiable Super Sitter that aired on nicktoons was a 30 minute special aired last month, and still not on Nick.com
Kind of strange since there are other episodes from the season on there.

Maybe in my opinion after nicktoons completes fop season 10 it might be added to nick.com much later
Hopefully. Still kind of lazy of Nickelodeon.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
FoP really hasn't been on top from lately, I know that's a bit of a common sentiment, but now it feels like it's extended beyond debatable quality.

I can't help bu wonder what it's future holds

zoombie

Well as long as we see Chloe and Amanda interact heavily. Man what a challenge that would be for Kari.

TooOldForThis

Can I be frank with you all? Yes, this show has seen better days. Yes, it seems like it might be on its last leg. But, do you think you may be over analyzing it? I've seen comment after comment of people just hating on Chloe and saying that this show should just die.
Honestly, the addition of Chloe gave the show a whole new look than all of those years of seeing Timmy by himself. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually look forward to watching it week after week. I know it'll probably be cancelled since Chloe hasn't been that well received, but I just hope you all can give it a chance. Hopefully, the writers can shake things up and add bigger, more emotional kind of stories, by I know I'm just preaching to the choir.
Anyways, cheers!

*If you read this whole thing, congrats. I don't know why anyone would haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts