Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Ratings is what matters for Nick, and last season the lowest episode got 1.5 million viewers. Chloe's first episode got 1.2 million . In comparison, Sparky's season premiere got 3.9 million viewers, and most of Season 9 got around 2 million. However, I read in the other thread that even being FOP's new low, that was still the highest ranting animated show of the night for Nick. So I honestly don't how much Nickelodeon needs FOP at this point. There are 19 half hours to go and is too soon to try to predict if we are getting Season 11.

Well, Nick has already technically ordered S11 even before this aired. So they've already made their bed and their sleeping in it. (That might be part of the 19 half hours you said, I honestly lost track and the way they release those things has always confused me).

Daniel I'm guilty as sin when it comes to being overly panicky and hateful to this show, I used to be much more apologetic before Sparky, one of the few defenders of this even. It's a shame that bashing this show on this board has become more fun than watching it itself. However, time and time again, even my most finicky predictions have been proven right. I don't want to be. But its getting too easy to predict. The show has become such a repetitive formula its almost amazing to watch if you watch it for the bad.

ShadowBeast

Ratings is what matters for Nick, and last season the lowest episode got 1.5 million viewers. Chloe's first episode got 1.2 million . In comparison, Sparky's season premiere got 3.9 million viewers, and most of Season 9 got around 2 million. However, I read in the other thread that even being FOP's new low, that was still the highest ranting animated show of the night for Nick. So I honestly don't how much Nickelodeon needs FOP at this point. There are 19 half hours to go and is too soon to try to predict if we are getting Season 11.
That kind sounds like Nick itself is going down the drain with ratings going down.

kanc

Well, Nick has already technically ordered S11 even before this aired. So they've already made their bed and their sleeping in it. (That might be part of the 19 half hours you said, I honestly lost track and the way they release those things has always confused me).
How has Nickelodeon ordered season 11?? I don't see any source for this.

kanc

Oh i'm sorry, that's right Nick did ordered 7 more episodes, totaling up to 20 episodes, in season 10. I don't know why people call it season 11 for. It's still in season 10.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
they still have the dan schneider sitcoms oh wait i was being sarcastic! plus i don't think TMNT & SBSP are doing as well as they once did!

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This explains why Poof and Sparky weren't in the season premiere.
CZMzlxGWwAAuHQZ.jpg

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Hartman did a Q&"A" on facebook not too long ago. I'll cut the cruft and get to the questions that most people here are probably interested in, and the non-answers that Hartman gave them.

Q: Whose idea was Chloe Carmichael? Was she the result of a network request of some sort?
A: It was kinda a combination of my idea and Nickelodeon's suggestion to try something new. In the end we were both very happy with the result.

Q: Where did the idea of Chloe Carmichael come from?
A: Chloe came from wanting to add a new lead character on the show who didn't have magic and who would be a good counterpart to Timmy

Q: Will any older characters appear in the new season of Fairly odd parents ? Like: Tootie, Trixie, Chester,AJ, anticosmo antiwanda, Elmer or Sanjay?
"A": Absolutely! It's our goal to include as many fun characters as we can any time we write anything. However, it's not always possible to put every character in every episode. We also try to use the characters that are the funniest for that story.

Q: Where was poof and Sparky during The big Fairy Share Scare episode Friday?
A: We only have so much room to include so many characters in every episode. With the intro of Chloe we had to focus the story on her. But don't worry, Poof and Sparky are still part of the family!

Q: What's Vicky's last name?
"A": We haven't given her one yet. Got any ideas?

Q: Have you ever thought of bringing back Danny phantom?
"A": Yes, we're thinking about it!
(He's been "thinking about it" for like ten years now, DP fans, don't get too excited)

Q: When is a new episode of the fairly odd parents coming on!!!!!!
A: This Friday night at 7:30pm/6:30c! It's called Whittle Me This. It's about Chloe accidentally becoming Catman's new sidekick and Timmy gets to watch as things spiral out of control. Mr Crocker makes a guest appearance as... The Falcon!

Take those for what you will.

jaylop97

Staff member
Well even if they do include those characters I doubt they are going to get any major roles this season at best they are still going to be ignored background characters, because there has been times where Hartman said things which were right, but not by a long shot.

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?
Whose idea was Chloe Carmichael? Was she the result of a network request of some sort?
A: It was kinda a combination of my idea and Nickelodeon's suggestion to try something new. In the end we were both very happy with the result.
This is interesting and makes me believe Hartman intended to add another fairy character to the show and Nickelodeon suggested it to be a human.
Absolutely! It's our goal to include as many fun characters as we can any time we write anything. However, it's not always possible to put every character in every episode. We also try to use the characters that are the funniest for that story.
It's sad to see the reason this characters don't show up more often is because they really believe Crocker's mother is funnier in any context
Mr Crocker makes a guest appearance as... The Falcon!
... sigh ...

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
It's sad to see the reason this characters don't show up more often is because they really believe Crocker's mother is funnier in any context

... sigh ...

Yeah... I had the same reaction. Even when he's not in the description, even when the episode has nothing to do with a school setting, or capturing fairies... Crocker manages to weasel his way into the plot. It's like those cheesy FOP in highschool fanfics where Crocker somehow gets a job at the highschool too to stalk Timmy. Whoever Timmy marries, I'll bet Crocker will be the best man at the wedding. He'll be the doctor that delivers his kids. He might even be at Timmy's funeral giving his dedication speech.

But really, it just highlights why Hartman is selling us snake oil with those answers. You're telling me, "we don't always have enough time to fit everyone in!" when over half the episodes last season were Dad or Crocker episodes and this season might even break that record? The nerve of this man. Not a single person asked about Mr. Crocker but he was brought up, Hartman that is why you've lost your audience and are pulling Nick Jr numbers.

Last edited:

kanc

Hartman did a Q&"A" on facebook not too long ago. I'll cut the cruft and get to the questions that most people here are probably interested in, and the non-answers that Hartman gave them.

Q: Whose idea was Chloe Carmichael? Was she the result of a network request of some sort?

Q: Where did the idea of Chloe Carmichael come from?
A: Chloe came from wanting to add a new lead character on the show who didn't have magic and who would be a good counterpart to Timmy

Q: Will any older characters appear in the new season of Fairly odd parents ? Like: Tootie, Trixie, Chester,AJ, anticosmo antiwanda, Elmer or Sanjay?
"A": Absolutely! It's our goal to include as many fun characters as we can any time we write anything. However, it's not always possible to put every character in every episode. We also try to use the characters that are the funniest for that story.

Q: Where was poof and Sparky during The big Fairy Share Scare episode Friday?
A: We only have so much room to include so many characters in every episode. With the intro of Chloe we had to focus the story on her. But don't worry, Poof and Sparky are still part of the family!

Q: What's Vicky's last name?
"A": We haven't given her one yet. Got any ideas?

Q: Have you ever thought of bringing back Danny phantom?
"A": Yes, we're thinking about it!
(He's been "thinking about it" for like ten years now, DP fans, don't get too excited)

Q: When is a new episode of the fairly odd parents coming on!!!!!!
A: This Friday night at 7:30pm/6:30c! It's called Whittle Me This. It's about Chloe accidentally becoming Catman's new sidekick and Timmy gets to watch as things spiral out of control. Mr Crocker makes a guest appearance as... The Falcon!

Take those for what you will.
In first episode of Fairly OddParents "The Big Problem", when Vicky is disguising Timmy in bed by putting basketball as face and cap, the closed captionings for when Timmy's dad sayings marked as Mr. Taylor. So overall I think It may be implied that Vicky's last name is Taylor.. but I'm not sure.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
In first episode of Fairly OddParents "The Big Problem", when Vicky is disguising Timmy in bed by putting basketball as face and cap, the closed captionings for when Timmy's dad sayings marked as Mr. Taylor. So overall I think It may be implied that Vicky's last name is Taylor.. but I'm not sure.
That's likely just an error in spelling Mr. Turner's name. Vicky nor Tootie have ever been referred to anything but by their first name (their mother was also called Nicky in a video game, but this is way before her proper induction on the show and she looked nothing like the character in show). A season 9 episode made an unfunny attempt to poke fun at this by referring to Vicky's last name as "Whats-Her-Face" because Timmy didn't know. I'd like them to finally answer that, theres really no reason to keep it a secret, but any attempt the modern FOP writers would try would end up unfunny and probably nonsensical/harmful in regards to Tootie.

kanc

We also NEED to know what are first names for Timmy's mom and dad. That still hasn't been answered.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
We also NEED to know what are first names for Timmy's mom and dad. That still hasn't been answered.

Again.. I don't trust something so delicate to the hands of the modern FOP writers. It wouldn't be anything thought out beyond the scope of the episode. They'd probably be named after the food items they were using as a running gag throughout the episode.

stephane dumas

Again.. I don't trust something so delicate to the hands of the modern FOP writers. It wouldn't be anything thought out beyond the scope of the episode. They'd probably be named after the food items they were using as a running gag throughout the episode.

Or worse, they can even do a nod to "Butterfartz" to the ill-fated 3rd live-action movie. "Matt Matic", a name used for a character from the puppet series Fireball XL5 sound less bizarre then "Butterfartz".
aaTB3pf.jpg

And Mr. Turner could be called "Rock Ford", some might think it's a nod to former mayor of Toronto Rob Ford but others will think then it's also a nod to the character named Jim Rockford from the Rockford Files performed by the late James Garner. ;)
therockfordfilestvposter001.jpg

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Here is something a little more positive to check out. Its a facts list about Fairly Odd Parents by CartoonHangover, a Youtube channel associated with Frederator, so in a roundabout way its "official".

Most of it I wouldn't be surprised if they just read off what was on the FOP wiki. But there were a few things in there that I didn't know. Like how Tara Strong wouldn't let Sparky's voice actor even look at her unless he managed to be funny. Guess hes never going to know what she looks like then.

Rhaynebow

I figured Poof and Sparky would be gone because of budget issues. They didn't exactly say THAT, but it's pretty clear. It makes me ask though, why bother making the characters if you won't be able to talk about them?

And hearing how Chloe was made from Nick and Hartman just reeks of meddling and makes her sound more like a reviving attempt for this show than just a troll like I thought she was. THAT'S an industry decision? Chloe sounds like something a 10 year old fanfic writer would make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts